Name Changing has Arrived!

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Unoski, Feb 4, 2015.

?

Do you plan on switching names?

Yes 47 vote(s) 39.5%
Maybe 27 vote(s) 22.7%
No 45 vote(s) 37.8%
  1. Thanks for the info Krysyy! :)
  2. Changed my alt to Shadowblockz973, peoplespool is gone now hehe
  3. I do not plan on changing my name because I like it as it is.
    607 likes this.
  4. Hey guys. Owl, I also like your name as it is. :)

I have changed my name to Grimmy. Short, sweet, and reaper themed. I have always had usernames that are reaper-themed or some variation of Artemis, so this works. Can't wait to see who else changes their name. :)
    jkjkjk182 and hashhog3000 like this.
  5. It seems like a pretty huge oversight on Mojang's part that you can do a UUID -> Name history lookup, but not a Name -> UUID one...
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  6. [{"name":"jlopez24"},{"name":"TaylorGang","changedToAt":1423121029000}]
    JackBiggin and jkjkjk182 like this.
  7. :eek: How do you do such things?!:eek:
  8. How'd you do that? I was looking on wiki.vg and couldn't find it :confused:
    krysyyjane9191 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  9. Magic..... You'll need a chicken, voodoo priest and a prayer.
  10. Question, some of my res messages from when I was a supporter have my name on them, I typed my name instead of doing the owner thing. Will there be a way to change that part w/o buying supporter again, as Im currently lacking spare cash.
  11. Looking to change my name but I suck with it comes to new names. I'm looking to be vaguely similar to my current name. Thinking of getting rid of the bagby, but I still want to be recognizable. I was thinking of something like JakeyyB or something but idk, that name sounds not that good. Any ideas? :)
  12. I just want more clones... Of me. Using not-very different names, like Ëthy202 or Ethÿ2O2.
  13. I love your current name. Simple yet awesome.
    607 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  14. Thanks. :) I wouldn't change it if I didn't feel the need to, it's just that it's a privacy issue to me. I've wanted to change it for a while, and now that name changing is here, I can. :)
  15. I would like to change my name to get rid of the _42 or maybe just the underscore, but unfortunately both TechNinja and TechNinja42 are taken. Might have to stick with what I got haha

Or maybe....
    TwerkNinja?
    krysyyjane9191 likes this.
  16. I am going to keep Olaf, but I am changing IceCreamHorse to Korszak. It is Hungarian for "Era" or "Time". I may use it as my main account once I come back :)
    krysyyjane9191 likes this.
  17. Well it is a popular combo of words :p

But yeah we had a fun booboo last night. I accidently triggered the name change code unintentionally
    (for you tech people, the code did if (getName() != old name in database, run name change code. well, I did setName before getName() to force you to use your old name, so that you would always be your old name, but I was doing code cleanup and did a "replace all getName() with a reference to the first String name = event.getName(), and now name was set before it was overridden by my code.)

Thankfully game server didn't change, but a few peoples forum accounts got renamed on login, but we got them renamed back.
    TechNinja_42 and 607 like this.
  18. DamienAndThatOtherKidsMom11 ;)
    krysyyjane9191 and 607 like this.
  19. Oh dear that's long! Haha it would be damienandwillowsmom1114 :confused: lol
    Need something a teensy bit shorter lol
    607 and Pab10S like this.
  20. Hashhog4000? Lol

I won't change my name, but maybe my brother is interested.