Name Changing has Arrived!

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Unoski, Feb 4, 2015.

?

Do you plan on switching names?

Yes 47 vote(s) 39.5%
Maybe 27 vote(s) 22.7%
No 45 vote(s) 37.8%
  1. So name changes arent supported on EMC yet, but lets say, Aikar changes his name, so the name Aikar will be free again. If I then buy an alt accaunt, and name it Aikar (because for mojang that name would be available again), there will be 2 Aikars. A aikar that changed his name to something else, and a new aikar. How will EMC handle that? The thing I am affraid of is that you will be seen as the same player, and get complete control over another accaunt.
    Patr1cV likes this.
  2. I got "Mall" on an alt. Going to come in handy soon.

I also got "Empire" on another account :)

Currently recovering lost passwords on my other alt accounts to get a few others that have as of this moment not been taken!
  3. AlexHasNoChance. (don't worry i got his permission (about a year ago) to do that)
  4. My user has been bothering me ever since I got MC.. (About 2 years ago).. So I was lucky and got RainbowPony... I like it a lot more now that I have taken off the numbers and capitalised the "P" :p

But It will take me a long time to get used to the new users that everyone has tho ;p
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  5. Must... get.... Cateneer...
    :p
  6. kitteneer sounds better
  7. Bigdavie is no more (except on EMC), from this day forth I will be known as...
    BigDavie
  8. :eek: such rebel. many difference.
  9. weren't we told to not change it until told it was ookay?
    607 likes this.
  10. What does this mean for voting?

Should I vote for my new name or my old one?

I don't want my bonus to start going down!!!
    Lachlan61 and 607 like this.
  11. Vote using your old name.
    Also case of the letters doesn't matter except when you earn a voters item, then the item will have the same case of letters used. (e.g. I vote with BiGdAvIe the vote still get added to my streak but I will get BiGdAvIe's boots)
    607 and battmeghs like this.
  12. My alt (iHaroEMC) is now named iCrushDreams, hence the iCD on my build :)
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  13. I doubt I'll ever change my name, as I rather like the one of I have now. =) I think it suits me.
  14. I'm not changing my names, my names are perfect just the way they are.
    607, kitten3101 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  15. Will the Voter's gear change its name if you changed your name on MC then? What about signed books, will the name change to the new one there as well?
  16. Same now.
    Personally, I decided that since my numbers mean something and aren't just me bashing my head against the keyboard, plus the fact I have some famous history(or is that in-famous? I'll leave that up to the people who posted in my threads to decide)behind this name, I'll keep this one.
  17. Well I never knew that was you...
    BlinkyBinky, Lukas3226 and 607 like this.

18. No, I'll never change my name. I really dislike this change. This just completely takes away the meaning of a name.
    I mean, obviously, I'd never change away from 607. This is who I am.
    Alt names also lose their meaning though.
    OrangeDuck607 for example. That's an alt of mine. I'm 607, and OrangeDuck is one of my best friends.
    So I paid €19,95 for a name referring to her.
    Now though, when I can change it whenever I want, it isn't really anything special anymore.
    Think of it like having a tattoo made on your arm or something, with the name of your girlfriend.
    That should mean quite a bit, right? I mean, you don't just get rid of that, so you show you're intending to love her forever.
    But then a new technology gets invented, making it very easy and risk-less to remove a tattoo.
    Don't you think that tattoo then suddenly feels much less special?
    Of course you don't have to agree with me, but I really don't like this being possible.
    I'll never change my name, and same for born_ego (friend) and OrangeDuck607 (alt)! :)

You missed the thread, then :)
  19. Lol jlopez24 changed his username, but I can't find his new one. :(

#OldEMC
  20. You say to vote with our old name, but 3 of the sites say the name is invalid. How do we solve this?