Name Changing has Arrived!

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Unoski, Feb 4, 2015.

?

Do you plan on switching names?

Yes 47 vote(s) 39.5%
Maybe 27 vote(s) 22.7%
No 45 vote(s) 37.8%
  1. You can't unless the sites look up your old username. You have to vote on the sites that do accept it, unless EMC puts up an automatic check that looks for previous usernames using the UUID of the current one.
  2. Ok so you can vote on 5 of 8 sites. A little unfair (i realise we were warned) but as long as my streak keeps going up i'm happy. Thanks.
  3. Changing one of my alts will be fun... To what though? I've always wanted to casually insult myself in a username. ih8PenguinDJ
  4. I just cleverly changed my name to MagisterDelirus, which allows me to keep my initials of "MD" which I'm well-known by :p
    (It means Insane Master when translated from Latin)
    khixan and colepuncher like this.
  5. Well, I got akira.
    I always wanted to use that name, now i'm finally the original in the middle of 18.422.456 accounts. That feels really refreshing.
  6. Need an Opinion...
    -Keep my User
    -Change it to match a soon to be started youtube group?
  7. Keep it at first, if the YouTube group is a lot of fun and something you'll continue, change it then.
    607 likes this.
  8. Crap bro the world in danger now :p (Equips 9 lives)
    Yeah, I'm not changing my name, all of my gaming accounts use the same name, and that's how I plan on it being.
    607 likes this.
  9. I have changed mine to "ThePyro__" as my name on EVERYTHING else is The_Pyro so it is far more suitable if you ask me.
  10. Well, at this point it really doesn't matter, as you can change it back after 30 days. If the name of the group is a "easy pick" that can be taken by anyone anytime now, you should grab it first. Your old name (RebelSpartan0826) will be available only to you for 37, meaning you can have the control over 2 names, and keep changing back every 30 days to keep them unavailable to others. This is only useful if you want to guarantee the name but don't know when (or if) exactly will permanently change it, keeping both names "safe".
    607 likes this.
  11. It will likely have to be manually changed by your dear Senior Staff and I.

Also, I too HAVE changed my name. I will be known as:
    Fancy right? (no more silly numbers etc)
  12. You could vote for EMC on those sites using your new username. You will not get any rupees nor will it count for streaks, but EMC gets the +1. You were voting for EMC because it's the best server, not to earn rupees and voter rewards, right?
    607, TigerstarMC and RainbowChin like this.
  13. I've changed mine to DeerMilk :)
    (It's an inside joke between some irl friends)
    Rainbowpony1000 likes this.
  14. Tbh Bigdavie Im in it mainly for the streak. The rewards are really nothing, as EMC is great enough that it doesn't need the +1 (though its always beneficial). However I am glad to see EMC in the top 5 or top 10 on some sites. But realistically the rupee bonus is rather low and I go through the diamonds in an hour (when I get them), and the only voter reward im interested in using is the pick. Im in it so I can display the others and have that prestige. Not the most honorable of intentions, but neither is lying about it.

EDIT: Also, I do vote with the new username. Its easier than skipping the link :p
    607 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  15. DEERMILK OH JESUS HAHA
  16. I'll be changing mine as I now have two children. Idk what I'm changing it to yet though. Still trying to decide.
  17. You can use this site to check if names are available. If it is premium, it isn't available.
    https://www.doctormckay.com/utilities/mc_checker.php
  18. It lies about the username "Sheep". All username checkers do. It is just best to check in your Mojang account.
  19. Say hi to the new community manager called Krysyy :p
    krysyyjane9191 likes this.