Misc Update - 7/23/2017

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by chickeneer, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I thought you said you were dropping the discussion. Now, very directly I'm going to state for you to keep whatever knowledge you do have to yourself and drop it. The developers have it handled and will re-enable features once they deem it suitable.
    607, crystaldragon13 and WardleDeBoss like this.
  2. At last, I can claim all those vote rewards :D

I think I must be the only one who likes the new textures :p

(context)
    ThaKloned likes this.
  3. God those look awful xD
  4. I like them but they need some work to make them look more like a gem and less like green circle stone bricks. I won't derail this thread any more though :p
    TomvanWijnen and ThaKloned like this.
  5. We aren't waiting for Mojang to fix it. We're waiting until either I or other developers fix it.

Everyone did just fine a few months ago before 1.12 even introduced this feature. You'll live without it for a short time.
    MissFable, 607, Tuqueque and 6 others like this.
  6. But making gold nuggets into ingots .-.
    Also maybe this should be front page, so people know that the recipe book is off and don't think their game is broken.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  7. I simply just change my texture pack to not show the book.
  8. That changes quite a bit for me, thanks for sharing. Because yeah, if you got to wait for Mojang then I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait for 1.15 to come out. Doesn't have to go that way of course, but it also wouldn't be the first time it happened.
    WardleDeBoss likes this.
  9. Sorry, didn't want to imply that we would wait specifically for Mojang to fix it. It is much more likely that the server community will suggest the specific fix to Mojang anyway.
    crystaldragon13 and ShelLuser like this.
  10. Well you know what they say, once you've tasted a gourmet burger you can never go back to McDonald's.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  11. That's a lie... Sometimes you're just craving a smashed down salty single with onions on it.... YOU CAN GO BACK !!!!
    ShelLuser, WardleDeBoss and ThaKloned like this.
  12. If we waited for Mojang to fix this we'd have this kind of situation.

ShelLuser, _Devil__ and WardleDeBoss like this.
  13. I for one was dancing on air when I realized we could use the book for crafting say.. lanterns .. more easily but to have it put on hold to fix a bug in the system is good by me. There are so many other things to take up my time here on emc that it's a no brainer.. do it manually. I'm not sure what the upsets about really .. just seems silly to me but that's my own opinion I mean I loved it here before the book and I'll stay during the absence and after. =D

and I must add this is in no way the entirety of the staffs opinion.
    AlexC__ likes this.
  14. /mail get all is nice, but it is kinda broken in a way. I tried to use the command and forgot I was in the wild. You can't get your mail in the wild, but the message telling you that spams you until you relog.
    607 likes this.
  15. We reported the same issue when testing on stage. Seems it hasn't been fixed yet.
  16. Well. it is fixed. Just the update needs to be released.
    FYI for the community.
    607 likes this.
  17. As mentioned here. The recipe book has been unlocked and issue resolved.
    Dinnerbone mentioned a bug fix update (1.12.1) for next week, so hopefully they get vanilla fixed then. https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone/status/890546777157505024

We would still prefer to not discuss the specifics of the issue since some servers may not be patched yet (out of respect for them - most have it disabled like we did). Game on!
  18. I might actually not use /mail get all, as I've enjoyed counting how many times I got kicked for retrieving mail. ;)
  19. I love the new textures. They made the colors so much brighter and the emerald blocks looks shiny like the diamond block rather then dull like the lapis block.
  20. I made a big deal out of this whole recipe book thing and I still stand behind everything I said. In fact: I think the responses I got show how little some of the others know (anymore?) about this game. I'm not just being critical, but seriously: reducing 30 minutes of crafting into 5 minutes is "a small set back in gameplay" to some in this thread? Do you even still know what this game is all about in survival mode? I sincerely doubt it.

I can respect that not everyone plays this game in the same way, that's what makes Minecraft unique (especially economy servers) but I also think that this should be no excuse for trying to belittle something which is kinda huge in-game. Especially for those players who still play the whole thing in a vanilla way.

Sorry, had to vent. This was a huge deal to me. Esp. when someone tried to question the fact that I'd never stoop so low as to share or exploit such a glitch. Guess for some people a legacy is just that. Noted.

Thank you Chickeneer!

One of my Shell rules: If you're the bringer of bad news you also deserve the credit when it gets fixed. Yah, not too many people stop to think about those detail.

Awesome! I seriously like it how you guys managed to fix this in such short time, awesomesauce! I was honestly worried that this would take you a few weeks. And I'll also go on the record: not having the recipe book took a serious amout of Minecraft'ing fun away from me.

I just tried it out and it works. *Staff redacted*

Thanks once again, you seriously made my weekend a whole lot better Chickeneer!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.