Misc Update - 7/23/2017

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by chickeneer, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello all! We released a bug fix update this evening, and I realized later that this included a new feature. Thus, I am taking full advantage of this opportunity to create an update thread!

Socks implemented the command /mail get all. EMC-638
    (works with the other mail retrieval commands such as '/getmail all')
    This new command does not attempt to open mail if you have no regular slots open. So even if the items stack with your inventory items, it will not attempt to retrieve them. We do not plan to further refine that logic, forewarning.

Several obscure bugs were fixed that you probably haven't experienced. One worth noting though, is that we have temporarily disabled recipe book crafting due to a Mojang bug with that feature. I assure you we will re-enable it as soon as a fix is available. We do not plan to discuss the issue, so do not ask.

REMINDER: If you discover an exploit in the game, you are to report it immediately to the staff team. Abuse of such glitches is considered breaking the rules. So, simply send us a message in private to avoid a perma-ban.
    pmdev.emc.gs and/or pmss.emc.gs

Side-Note: I seem to have accidentally broke some formatting on /res info. It will be fixed for the next update. Sorry.
    We also have been working on some cool things for a future update, all will be made public soon enough. Until then, my lips are sealed.
    607, Slvr, PineappleGem and 9 others like this.
  2. Nice update!
    I'm sure the /mail get all command will be useful to many!

Also, What's with the recipe book being disabled? (I'm joking :p)
  3. Squash dem bugs!

(and also, is there a way to disable the recipe book otherwise :/? it seems to taunt me despite 5-6 years of knowledge.. nyah..)
  4. Unless there is a forge mod that hides the button. I do not believe so. (Would need to be approved still if it did exist).
  5. Ah yes, now I can finally collect my 47 shipments of golden nuggets all at once
  6. The new mail command is gonna be really useful
    Having to spam the mail command in the past for voting rewards if I haven't logged on in a while got pretty tedious
  7. Do chickens really have lips?

8. Finally! I am definitely going to be using the new command, thanks Chicken and all of the Devs :D
  9. I finally won't get kicked for spam again while getting all my mail :D
    Thanks devs!
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  10. Thanks for the updates :)
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  11. yay i think
  12. Not too happy about the recipe book getting disabled, obviously such things don't come at a good time. Alas. Here's hoping for the best!

(edit):

However this does raise the question: auto crafting mods. You were allowed to use them but only if you delayed clicking and what not (I never paid attention because I didn't care for them). But one-click-crafting wasn't allowed.

Can we now safely assume those limitations are no more? Considering that the crafting book also allowed us to do one click crafting. I mean... shift-click on a coal block and shift click on the result icon and I had a stack of coal blocks in 2 seconds.

The easiest way to solve this is to install a texture/resource pack for 1.11. While this won't fully disable the button it will make it invisible, which makes it easy to ignore.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  13. Would it be possible to share the Mojang ticket number for said bug? Seems like harmless info to me considering that the entire system is currently disabled.

It would also allow us players to form an opinion about this rather drastic and game changing decision based on (all the) facts instead of assumptions. When going on assumptions (based on searches on bugs.mojang.com) I'm not too thrilled nor impressed with this decision and would appreciate it to be proven wrong here.
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  14. Sounds like 2 clicks to me...

Due to the nature of this bug, we'd rather not encourage more people to test it, in case we missed some factor of it, or some factor exists in other features.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  15. Additionally. The relevant mojang ticket is hidden as well. Rest assured, we shall fix as soon as we can.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  16. So basically... EMC severely hinders the crafting within Minecraft and also doesn't allow the use of mods to fill up the gap they created themselves.

I won't drag this on, but my main problem with this decision is that it looks to me as if you're now treating all of us players as potential cheaters. Not trusting us to do the right thing so instead of simply punishing the players who do abuse whatever vague bug you discovered you take the whole thing down which affects all players. And without bothering yourself to try and come up with ways which could fill in the gaps, like for example loosening up the restrictions on crafting mods.

You may have had your reasons, but from the other side of the spectrum it also gives out a very weird impression.
    MissFable and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  17. No reason to react this way. We are also doing this to protect other servers. This was only announced to the community yesterday. Not all servers have the ability to provide a patch like we did.

It isn't just about the EMC community, but the MC community as a whole.
  18. That's only because you are over-analyzing a small set-back in your gameplay experience. We've done this before. When vault was broken, we disabled vault until we could fix it. Same thing with mail, and countless other items. Once you've been around the block a few times and tried the other ways, it's simply the 'smarter' option to incur a bit of wrath for the sake of the server and your sanity down the road.
  19. No, it's because I know exactly what duplication bug you're addressing here.
  20. I'm a little surprised that this bug has been there all along (at least I think it has, there's no way for Mojang to introduce a bug without pushing out an update is there?) since 1.12 came out and it was only discovered now. Hopefully Mojang takes their attention away from making emerald blocks into plastic lumps and fixes this soon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.