Misc Bug Fixes Update - 4/24/18

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Apr 24, 2018.

1. This is actually our first update of 2018! I am really sorry it has taken this long.

Over the past few months, as it happened last year, a very large project at work consumed all of my time, leaving me with no time (or well, energy) to work on EMC. I was pretty much working 60-70hr weeks.
    Thankfully, that project is finally wrapped up stress levels back down, and im finally able to get back to EMC.

Shortly before the heavy period started, the EMC dev team was working on a large surprise update. That update is not ready yet, so it is not in this update, but there have been a few bug fixes and preparations for 1.13 contained in this update that we need to get out. Then we will try to wrap up that big update and get it out soon.

However a good bit of internal things also changed, like our command framework and underlying server software, numerous updates / fixes contained in that, so just a 'catch up' period, so we can get back to that feature update and hopefully get it out soon (it was almost done, just didn't finish fast enough before the big project)

A rough summary of changes in this update:

• Fixed LiveMap/dynmap skins
    • Numerous low level bug fixes / improvements to our server software (Bukkit/Spigot/Paper)
    • The message to welcome a new player now triggers as soon as a player enters the tutorial.

We have a lot of players leave without finishing the tutorial... and our information isn't flooded in the chat box anymore.
      Let's show them what EMC is like faster, and give them incentive to finish the tutorial!
    • Some data cache issues around changing settings for Friends/Anti Grief should hopefully be resolved
    • Fixed a named location teleport bug
    • Command Help improvements
    • Fix piston pushing blocks across subzones
    • Block eggifying tamed animals if you are not the owner
    • /nether waste is now same as /nwaste
    • /res ginfo available for subzones - makes groups permissions work on subzones.
    • chicken did some voodoo with residence code
    • chicken did some prep stuff for 1.13 - including converting shop signs to new, permanent names for after the update.
    • extra whitespace before/after names typed into voting sites should no longer break giving you credit
    • Added a cache for textures, so that mojang rate limiting should no longer impact texture lookups.

If you see any issues with skins not updating, please let me know, but it should be ok and purely an internal optimization (if 1 server looks up a skulls texture, another smp can get it from shared cache instead)
    Please let me know of any bugs encountered ASAP!
  2. Yay for updates!

Best fix!!
  3. Woot! Thanks!! :)
  4. crystaldragon13 and Tuqueque like this.
  5. Noice! Glad to see the updates are going smoothly for y'all. Is there any news about dragon tombs, or about the +300 vote streak rewards? :p
  6. DT is coming after Empires, which is now being worked on again because Aikar was bussy irl these last few months

300+ vote rewards: well, banners were added... so yeah... not sure if anymore are coming soon
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  7. https://empireminecraft.com/threads/voting-rewards-and-residence-subzones-12-15-17.74823/

And Dragon Tombs is not in active Dev.
    After this surprise update is out, we will be resuming Empires, which is the precursor to Outposts, which is before Dragon Tombs, per https://empireminecraft.com/threads/poll-what-upcoming-feature-do-you-desire-more.57718/
    crystaldragon13 and 607 like this.
  8. I may be mistaken, but I thought at some point somewhere it had been mentioned that there would be other rewards added for 300+, other than just the banners?
  9. yes we got some more ideas we do want to do, just gonna take time to get to them.
    crystaldragon13, 607 and Tuqueque like this.
  10. I've got a broken sugar farm now on my res. Don't feel like figuring it out tonight, but I'll look into it soon. It's one that's worked for years.
    Starzival likes this.
  11. Awesome! I am really glad that the new player message is now before players end the turorial, although it already gave some kind of message ([playername] started the tutorial). I love greeting and meeting new players, hopefully fresh beans will not get discouraged as fast anymore :D.
  12. An incentive for the tutorial? Moar prizes? :eek:
  13. Yay, Bugfixes :) I'll have Tom come over so we can find more :p
  14. The community's welcome messages are the new incentive :p
  15. That looks like someone fused Harry Potter, Godzilla and a Chicken together to create that madness. xD
  16. Excusez-moi, it's a dragon harry potter chicken :p

Needless to say, updates look awesome!!
  17. Yayy! tyty aikar :D
  18. Never mind about what I said last night. I think the machine is fine, it just bugged out the bud switch at the reset. I harvested and it went back into working condition from what I can tell. Thanks, guys!