Minecon 2016 - EMC Meetup

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by _REMOVED_63902, May 6, 2016.

1. Plane alone would be £800 (8 months wages for somebody my age with the same amount of time I have to work lol), the tickets are £110 (which, given what Minecon is, is ridiculous), and on top of that I'd also need an £80 passport and from what I can tell entering the United States isn't free so that'd probably be like, £100 on top. That's without a hotel and spending money there. Well over £2,000 altogether. And I can't go alone either, so it'd come to £12,000 ($17000/€15,000). So, yeah, not going when money is considered (probably still wouldn't go if it wasn't :p).
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  2. i might go to anaheim just to hug krysyy and party with some similarly aged fellows from emc. wont be at the convention though.
  3. It is an 8 hour drive for me, but I did not get tickets due to the time it is and because it would be quite expensive.
  4. Will not be attending, sadly. They are always so far, if one could be in Dallas I would almost certainly go.
    Kytula likes this.
  5. Same but to far
  6. I haven't had a Bite hug in over 2.5 years =(
    SirTah, 607 and bitemenow15 like this.
  7. Ditto!

Due to continuing family health issues, and a severe lack of funds, I won't be able to make it T_T

I will be watching any streaming coverage on twitch about it though :)
    I wish they did a live cam of the con like Crunchyroll.Com does with their booth at the conventions it's at.
  8. Nope. It probably won't ever be worth my money (except if it is in my town or something so there are no travel or sleep costs, but still, the tickets are very expensive).
    It also probably won't ever be worth my energy. I love Minecon, I enjoy it every time, but I don't think I could survive being there. Way too many people, and way too much going on.
    A- or SGDQ might be possible energy-wise, but that's only in the USA, so won't work either.
    Same for E3, really...
    I guess I'll have to stay in the Netherlands and watch everything on Twitch :rolleyes:
    ShelLuser and Kytula like this.
  9. Wow. Its in California this year? Sadly I still can't come :(
  10. Money's allocated for a conference in DC and I won't know till July if I'll be the one paying for it out of pocket. By then the tickets will be long sold out.

Meh. Can't win them all. Maybe 2018?
  11. There is usually alot of scalpers there and they withhold tickets to be sold at the door. Also u could party with bite :D
  12. I would go, though school starts in August so I can't go even if I had tickets. :(
  13. I'm saving for it now because I'm going in two years from au! It's going to cost a lot !
  14. I noticed that you're appreciating both sides (yes and no) so unfortunately I can share that you won't see me walking around there either. A trip to America is kinda heavy on my budget and it's a bit too much for me when the sole intend is only to attend a convention.

I know: I could probably combine it with vacation. Yeah, that's another thing: I'm pretty sure I'd get into an argument with my SO there if I did. Because we've been plotting/planning a vacation to Japan for quite a while now, so if I suddenly decide that we should go the other way (figure of speech a bit, but from Europe's POV that is actually the case ;)) then I don't think she'd agree :)
    Kytula and 607 like this.
  15. And get even more jealous... nah just kidding ;)
    607, Slvr and ShelLuser like this.
  16. Every year, when it starts I think "I wish I'd be there"
    and when it ends, I think "I'm glad I wasn't there"
    :rolleyes:
    StoneSky, ShelLuser and TomvanWijnen like this.