Microsoft Buying Mojang?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by yarbsarb, Sep 9, 2014.

1. You shouldn't see any good OR bad until we hear more information.

There's been at least 2,000 times you've said to me, "Oh no, Minecraft is done." over the past 3 years when things happened. It's never done. Before you say something is bad and be negative, wait to hear the details first. :p
    jkjkjk182 and MegaSwifty like this.
  2. I think it's gonna be pretty good. Mojang shouldn't really be an "indie" company any more; I know people love to hate on EA, but at least they create good games, are professional and get things done with hundreds of employees. Before this, Mojang had a couple of people on support, and unprofessional team of PR/Developers (yes, the same job = Grum apparantly) and has spurred other contradictory/unprofessional behaviour which has led to the EULA change, downfall of Bukkit and a stalemate in Minecraft.

In fact, the only thing that worries me is Microsoft's decision when it comes to community content :p
  3. It was confirmed...

EDIT: What I am really worried about now is that how bukkit will play out. Will Microsoft just drop the fight for bukkit rights or will the legal battle continue?
  4. The part that worries me is "founders of the development team will leave".
  5. They did. Or at least I think they did, maybe it was the founders of mojang, meh.
  6. Blog post from Notch
    607, PenguinDJ, mba2012 and 4 others like this.
  7. Certainty is a good thing. Even if we don't like what is happening, it's good that we know what is happening. Mojang has been hiding things and keeping us in the dark about this deal for months. Hopefully we can start getting some answers and at least we know who to ask.

It's now time for the modding community to demand some answers from Microsoft on how they intend to move forward. They need to put something in writing! Will they change the EULA?, Will they restrict use of the minecraft name. Will they block vanilla clients from connecting to servers outside of their network. We need to firmly state what we require and have them give a clear and binding response.
  8. I have only one thing to say.

I'm throwing a party right now....

We're getting faster updates, better customer service, and PROFESSIONALS!
    AlexChance and Byeforeverthe2nd like this.
  9. But that is the best part! The dead weight has been cut off, and people will FINALLY stop saying that Notch is still making the game. There are no more Minecraft gods, just people who will actually be responsible for getting real done for once.

I wasn't bitter, you just perceive it as bitter because the content contradicts yours.
  10. Coming soon... To fix Minecraft issues, just reboot it :).
  11. I only have one more thing to add to this...

and here's the video he was talking about...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmTUW-owa2w

LONG LIVE EMC
  12. Oh poo.

Updating Cons now with Clippy...
  13. Based on the OFFICIAL statements made by each company, it sounds like the acquisition happened in a way that both sides felt good about. Microsoft said things about how they care about the community and what Minecraft stands for, so that is definitely a plus.
    Byeforeverthe2nd likes this.
  14. Why does everyone think its bad that Microsoft is running mc now? It only means mc will get better i simply cant stand mojang...dont know why you guys do. Ever sence day 1 of notch leaving his seat mojang has only made mc bad...Sadly this does mean ps3/4 wont get mc but hey Microsoft might make a new coding site for all the good java coders, and might even break the Eula!
  15. No, Fair grounds MUST be needed...
  16. I agreed, just no fair the Eula has been there from day 1 but they only start forcing servers 6 years after they have been on a good roll, some people even quit there job to host a good mc server, just not fair.