Microsoft Buying Mojang?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by yarbsarb, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Eula is fine, Microsoft better not turn this into some stupid cod game, if so cya.
  2. I'm pretty sure the old EULA said "subject to change" server owners should of been aware of that.
    607 likes this.
  3. Life isn't fair...
  4. Nothing wronmg with microsoft, did not say anything about it. would be more worried if faceboo or apple buyed it. :p
  5. Which is reason enough that the EULA should be thrown out the window, and general economics should be put back into place again. I would rather play on a server with unfair grounds that has a stable future than one who is struggling to make it at all.

Can you really demand "fair grounds", and then tell someone else that servers can't sell what they want because "life isn't fair"?
    mba2012 and cadgamer101 like this.
  6. What I am saying is Minecraft has a LOT of potential but it doesn't have the right developer team ,and Microsoft might have enough developers to reach Minecrafts potential . If they don't screw it up Minecraft will defiantly be the next Mario.
  7. Microsoft said they will to update other versions and won't drop support.
  8. Oh please no, let's not be as repetitive as that over-milked cash cow.
  9. Minecraft will most certainly not e the next mario as what you are comparing are 2 completely game franchises. Also Minecraft has already made its impact and can't really grow much further than it currently has as the current state is perfect for what minecraft is. The main Demographic for minecraft is kids and makig the game overcomplex would really cut off a large chunk of the userbase. As with the Mojang I really cannot see them making another game I'm too interested in and Minecraft 2 just wouldn't work as well as the original.
    607 likes this.
  10. Microsoft also said that the Xbox One would have ridiculous DRM policies and waych consumers via the kinect. Yeah trusting microslft is a terrible idea it's always best to be skeptical in these situations.
  11. To be fair...the guy who is NOW in change of the MS Game division is the same one who came in and made the changes so that the XBone wasn't as bad. He had recently come in around that time if I remember correctly...so he could actually be a community driven dude. This will very much be the test.
  12. My question: Will Minecon still be in London? They said it will continue, but not specifically if it will continue as planned.

I don't think they would even try to upset the community by moving it, but who knows.
    Overall, I am excited to see what changes Microsoft will bring to the Minecraft franchise. Some may or may not be to my liking, but at the same time, they may be able to fix long-standing problems from the past. I am looking forward to seeing the true results of the takeover in the next year or so.:)
  13. Its all true...were all gonna die! XD
    All I want to change is faster updates, minecraft is good how it is and should never change
  14. Me and some people had a discussion and we predicted this might happen:

"Welcome to Minecrosoft! Pay $333 Daily to continue."
  15. I just can't even imagine all of the logic behind that one.
    607, PenguinDJ and mba2012 like this.
  16. lol It was fun you should have been on smp1 at the time
  17. There are so many misconceptions on this thread it made me laugh. I'm no business expert, but I'm guessing Microsoft will play it cool. They aren't just going to drop support for mac, PS4 or vita because doing that means less $$$ than actually making Minecraft for windows only or whatever. (although I do agree with something that kephras said earlier in the thread, that development could be skewed for PS4 as it's obviously microsoft's xbox one's main competitor) I don't think they would want to upset the community, because after all the community is basically solely relied on to keep Minecraft alive. Yes they aren't exactly the ideal company to takeover, but I have a lot of faith in them, much more than Mojang standalone.

I was going to write a big post, but I honestly can't be bothered, maybe another time.
    607, PenguinDJ, mba2012 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Hello,

please check out my Minecraft/Microsoft contest here.

Thx :),
    Kaizimir
    607 likes this.