Meet Blizz Ard!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Krysyy, Dec 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I may be wrong, but Snowballs harm Blazes, don't they?(granted, I'm gonna carry a bow, not a snowball, when I go to the nethers...)

It's probably too late for a suggestion for this event, but would it be possible to get snow to fall round players within XXX radius of a Blizz Ard? just to make them a bit easier to find haha
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  2. yes! ill be in the wild for sure all of today!
    well exept for saying bye :confused:
  3. pretty much that's what I've found in my experience. i was standing on some stairs and hitting one from one stair above where it was and i was seeing that message.
  4. Same experience, seems you have to fight on level-ground, which isn't too much of a hassle really... I've found two now, got a bunch of snow blocks and balls, and 370/270 tokens, really hoping for that new promo... =D
  5. This ^ Means: Only in the Overworld (frontier/wastelands). And not in the listed biomes. As they take environment damage there.
    sonicol1 likes this.
  6. This is sweet! I love that there are so many elements to today's release. This could have been a weeks worth of stuff by itself.

There are only a few other soulbound and endless use items in EMC. I believe that anyone who buys a snowball will not regret it because the high token cost will make them very rare and valuable, and they can still be used without being devalued or lost on death. The only question for me is if I should buy this, or wait to see what the next token item will be. Guess I could always sell/trade if I like the next one better.
    cowland123 and 607 like this.
  7. This is great! I love new updates to EMC.

Only, it's too bad I only have 12,000 tokens. I would really love to purchase an Avalauncher.
    607 likes this.
  8. Hunt down some Blizz Ards, they drop a few hundred tokens each =)
    Wanderton likes this.
  9. Have you killed many? :O Any drops?
  10. Well, off I go in hunt for them I guess.

...who am I kidding. I'm totally gonna be melted!!
  11. Only two thus far, but the first one dropped 274 tokens, second one dropped 370 tokens, item-wise it was just some drag stone fragments, snow balls, snow blocks, and snow(layers?), couple of diamonds... but it only took a minute to take it down, the hard part is the wait, then finding the little bugger haha
    607 and Wanderton like this.
  12. Thanks for the info! Did you locate them in the snow biomes at night or what?
  13. BREAKING NEWS!

Reliable sources on the Empire (namely me :)) told me.. err. wait...

Beware clay miners! Because this hottie, err: coldie, will spawn at times and places when you don't even expect it to be happening. I now don't like ard anymore, thank you very much ;) (all good, note smiley).

So I was mining clay on smp1 (center wasteland, western region). In the middle of a desert! I did my fair share of dodging and killing creepers, skeletons and zombies like. Yet still managed to bag myself 6 stacks of hardened clay, and several of clay in other colors. And then it got colder.. One smack from a snowball and I was outta here. What the heck?!

So fully enraged I headed back there (I always (try to) make sure to keep track of where I am, playing vanilla btw), found my stuff and then I saw it.. The horror!

I made a run for it (my clay was too precious for me) but beware folks; this Ard dude will even sniff you out in deserts ;)

(and it likes clay too; got it just in time before it tried to nab my collection).
    bloodra1n, 607 and Wanderton like this.
  14. One was in swamp, one was in snow biome, one at night, one mid-day(but under ground)

Also:

This isn't the guy I was looking for:
    bloodra1n, 607 and Wanderton like this.
  15. Omg I feel like Aikar looked at my Admiral Ideas post, he's made the enraged chicken like creature come out near thanks giving, and now a snow golem that drops a snow ball that can be thrown infinity. XD
  16. Blizz Ard doesn't actually drop the snow ball o.0
  17. Whoever made up that snowman's name, ugh xD
    607 and Pab10S like this.
  18. Its bought with tokens as said in the first thingy!
    just gotta kill more to get more tokens
  19. What's so wrong with it? =P
    it wasn't me though....i just approved it...
    cowland123 and Todd_Vinton like this.
  20. So I found a holiday chest, it was a chest with a blanks sign above it
    It had in it 14 snow, 7 torches, 16 oak saplings, 5 diamonds, 6 emeralds, 14 gold ingots, and I think some iron but i'm not sure how much because I already had some in my inventory when I picked it up
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.