Locking items in the Wilderness + other miscellaneous updates

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Jan 5, 2012.

1. I never tested it on Workbenches because I don't care about them and they are useless. And I never did any more testing on chests after it destroyed my sign upon placing it above an invalid object.

So what you're saying, Justin, is that it checks for a chest directly adjacent to a chest which is directly below the sign? Because that would explain things.

^^^
    *EDIT*
    You probably have a smarter way of explaining it than I do.
  2. If I remember correctly (forgive me not sleeping do to baby), if the block is a chest it checks if a lock is above it, if it is not it checks the four blocks around it to see if any of them are a chest, if one is it then checks above that block for a lock. Hope this helps.
    Crazy1080 likes this.
  3. so not to the right of the left of the sign you mean? Or just not in front of or in back of the sign?

It would help a lot to have a diagram of the areas the lock touches. I don't want to leave my stuff in the wild unprotected :) haha
  4. Okay, well everything I said previously still applies to Access Signs.
    So you may end up giving people access to things you didn't mean to. :)
    Sanitymops likes this.
  5. thanks, good to know!
  6. Dude. Get some sleep.

The Empire will still be here in the morning!
  7. Meh I would rather work on the 1.1 update than sleep !
  8. That is exciting for all us geeks who basically live and breath your work... but I have a feeling you will regret it after a couple more nights! :)

EDIT: While you are on... haha, do you know if there might be a fix to the "saplings disappearing when planted next to anything" problem? I know it was a problem just introduced on the last update to bukkit but it is killing my attempt at making huge tree forts!
  9. http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Saplings

:) :) :)
    :D :D :D
  10. Thanks for the info but I am referring to a new problem. I built my entire lot from putting a sapling down next to a block, which creates a giant tree. You can no longer do this. There is a documented bug in bukkit that makes your saplings disappear if you put them next to any other block. Go ahead and put your sapling next to something and us bonemeal on it and you will see what i mean :) bonemeal no longer works if the sapling is next to another tree/dirt block, leaf block...etc.
  11. Gold/Diamond supporters should not have to pay for this on utopia IMO.
  12. Terrible suggestion. The entire reason it costs Rupees is so that we DON'T have 3 million unaccounted for chests in any of the Wilds... The reason it costs Rupees is to make people more reluctant to build and abandon chests in the wild en mass...
    tjboy11 and nnnnmc1 like this.
  13. I once play on a server that u have to buy protected area. but have free locked chest/furnace/door/workbench etc.
    LOL. i made my own protected area out of ocked furnace XD