Locking items in the Wilderness + other miscellaneous updates

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Jan 5, 2012.

1. How do u remive the block without the sign falling off?
  2. Justin has tested it and the sign will not pop off, it should remain there with no block behind it.
  3. Awesome!
    nnnnmc1 likes this.
  4. That's Justin, he made sure it couldn't be removed by anyone or anything except for the person named on the second line of the sign, safe as houses. :)
    oidking likes this.
  5. But many times on my res people have broke my access signs who have container and build permission and then looted the chest, I don't what to stop giving perms because I enjoy sharing my res, do you think Justin You could consider protecting access signs and containers so only the owner of the res and the person who created it could destroy it? I would find that brilliant in the campaign against the untrusted?!?
  6. Just don't give them container permissions, and use an access sign to give them one or two chests if they need it :)
  7. you'll need to update the server for the upcoming mine craft update
    newo88 likes this.
  8. now i havent read every single commnet, but as far as i know this hasnt come up yet.
    what if somebody greifs either:
    A.) The lock sign
    B.) The block the sign is on
    and i think that the price to lock a chest should stay the same 1000 in the utopia, but itherwise make it lower in other places. or maybe make suporters pay more? and lastly, how about the further out it is (say every 10,000) blocks after the outposts it gets cheaper by 100 rups. maybe?
  9. You cannot remove the lock sign OR the item it is protecting unless you own it (you are on the second line of the sign). It doesn't matter if you remove the block it is on, the sign will stay in place.
  10. *Nerd comment* Thats three words!
    thunder82597 likes this.
  11. when
  12. any blocks inbetween the table and the bookshelves decrease the enchantment levels :/
  13. Yay finally now us wildy dwellers wont get greifed as much, wish this came out a wekk earlier lol but w/e i think 1000 is a bit much, considering most players dont even have over 500 most times, i don't have that problem but I know other people will complain soon enough "its too expensive" and anyone who just goes and locks 50-billion chests in wild is clearly mentally challenged and is probably therefore to poor to afford to lock more than one or two which could easy be removed by your or jeremy or any senior mods. But ultimatly you did extensive research to pick 1000 rupees, even though most of the good players and not particularly the average players were questioned about it, (ie. mods, more mature players, very avid players, ect.) so the way you picked the 1000 rupee cost may be a bit biased but like I said, most people who destroy or place things never take time to make money, they are too busy figuring out ways to make others people EMC experience as crappy as possible, they aren't really concerned with money and really if they locked 50-billion chests (even though they could barely afford one if it were 500R) who would it hurt? Only them. So In my also semi-biased opinion i think it should be lowered to 500 with 250 return when removed.
  14. That was super hard to write, took me like 45 minutes...
  15. YAY I hated those bugs the veicle tp die and the movement hacking bug I HATED Those bugs:)
  16. I would've payed actual $$ just to see that!!!

Not that I want to blow Justin up, it's just hilarious when the founder of the Empire becomes a voluntary Creeper victim!

So many lols picturing that...
  17. Ah, well that answers that question!

Ever considered colliding water and lava into the sign from opposite sides? Idk if it'll work, but if so, then it might be worth looking into.

Very awesome update Justin, the price is right in my opinion. Never heard of these bugs, and I'm glad I haven't!
  18. I havent tried it, but i imagine the sign would repel both liquids, as the liquids consider the sign to be a full block :)
  19. and make a limit of 1 or 2 chests
  20. Can someone explain why a crafting bench needs to be locked? It really makes no sense; players use it, take their stuff and move on. It's not like a crafting bench is going to get griefed or get extracted of all of its diamonds, right?

Other than that, that's an amazing update we have there; get rid of bugs, add a feature the majority of players want. Great job, admins.
    Crazy1080 likes this.