let's talk about skyrim!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by batmegh, Nov 16, 2014.

1. my latest purchase, this ADORABLE red roan pony that i am in love with <3

AyanamiKun, Deadmaster98, 607 and 4 others like this.
  2. You and your horsies... :rolleyes:
    ShelLuser, Deadmaster98 and battmeghs like this.
  3. I have literally never played, but I might, is it worth it?
    battmeghs likes this.
  4. The game that a bunch of people on here have been playing recently: ARK actually looks like a lot more fun. Skyrim is a pretty good game though. It's one of those rpgs you can lose months to.

that oddly looks really cool
    battmeghs likes this.
  5. Tonight's agenda: sniping the crap out of Wolfskull Cave.

It's okay Mr. Draugr. You can go back to death now.
  6. SHHH .. i'll have you know that i've got like 20 ponies at my house! :p me love horsies! can never have enough!
    is it? is it you ask? have you not seen these screenshots over the last 20 pages?! :eek: OF COURSE IT IS!
    and i am still very much in love with your kitteh. lolol
    Kephras and Deadmaster98 like this.
  7. i'm currently dying of laughter, i'm killing off a bunch of bandits for a bounty and i kill this one who falls backwards.. i see this black spot run through the trees.. thinking it was another bandit i watch and aim my bow... i see the dudes shield barrel roll down the mountainside. XD
    Kephras, FDNY21 and PenguinDJ like this.
  8. This thread makes me want to play Skyrim again... :D
    AyanamiKun, Kephras and battmeghs like this.
  9. "Do ye know where ye are? Where ye truly are?"

"About to step inside the head of a dead, homicidally insane monarch?"

"Oh I do love it when mortals know they're being manipulated. It makes things so much more interesting..."
    607, Deadmaster98, CadenMann and 4 others like this.
  10. i wish i knew why i always wanted to start a new game >_> ugh. well, here we go again i guess. xD
  11. OOOOOOOOOOOH my god.

obviously you may have noticed my major love for the kitteh of skyrim.. so i wanted to find some mods that added them... i found one who's purpose is to follow and you can marry him and i think my heart just hit the ground sooooo hard.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35769/?tab=2&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/ajax/modfiles/?id=35769&pUp=1

his name is Khoraak and holy freaking moly of wow.
    upon telling him i wanted to marry him he says " i'd be honored to walk by your side until the trees themselves fade away, if you would have me "
    i said yes.. and then he says "as short as life can be in this land, we will have each other"

i'm sold, so freaking sold.
    FDNY21 and Kephras like this.
  12. i did my good deed for the day..
    the guy they assassinate the very second you walk into solitude (how rude right?) he's dead, laying around.. after i ran around the city some doing a few things, selling things and so on.. i happened to pass the guy's .. uhm, head.. a good 30 feet from his body and thought what a lovely present it would be to give to his sister :D

i had to clean it off once i got there because i did roll it down the hill on the way to her house... xD

13. Sorry for a late response, but oh well...

To keep my PC free of (possible) issues and make sure that something as unimportant as a game won't suddenly force me to upgrade stuff (like drivers) when I don't have a need for them. The other aspect is that I actually like playing games on my (large LCD) TV instead of my smaller computer screen.

Not to mention that my couch is a lot more comfortable than my computer chair :)

But yah, PS3 version isn't all that great unfortunately :confused:

Oh so true... Also explore. Don't follow the storyline but just... go out and explore. I still remember playing Skyrim for the first time and getting hooked badly. 2 or 3 months into the game (didn't play every night, but often enough) I had discovered nearly all tombs and cities and finished a ton of side quests. And I still had to look for Gerben (I think) in the sewers of Riften ;)

I just figured that he'd be safe there and there were lots of other (more interesting) things to do.

But so much YES to roleplay here...

I also remember playing the Dragonborne DLC for the first time. Now; you have to keep in mind that Roleplay is a big thing to me. My main character in-game is devoted to Hircine, at the edge of being fanatical (due to the ring of Hircine) about it, so when she can she'll resort to her "true natural form".

So when sleeping at Solstice for the first time I ended waking up while picking away at one of those crystals. This is where roleplay comes to mind: I could have walked off as if nothing happened, but this is roleplay. So in my fantasy I was shaken at suddenly being somewhere else and as such I called upon Hircine to guide me.

Ergo: I changed into a werewolf, the guards came at me and I fought, killed and fed. Even killed two potential side quest targets by accident (I learned that later on). But that's roleplay for you. And why savegames & new games exist ;)
  14. I like being a werewolf, but I hate Hircine. I like the Nord heaven (I forgot what it's called >.>), because it's such a blatant ripoff of Valhalla and I love the Germanic religion :p
  15. i love this photo more than you know xD
  16. I don't get how people still play this game... I was skyrimed out long ago. No amount of mods bring back the game it used to be. I'm just preparing for the great awakening... of ESVI
    Rimont likes this.
  17. I started Skyrim for the first time in a few months and created a new character - a Bosmer archer. I reached level 6 by the time I was heading to my third word wall - and my first encounter with the Deadly Dragons 'Assault' feature. In the MCM I enabled up to three unleveled dragons. As I hadn't experimented with the mod before, I figured that'd be okay.

Lydia and I were hiking up to Volskygge after taking the carriage from Whiterun to Solitude when I saw the message - 'Assault has begun!' and few seconds after a quicksave I was greeted by flames, poison, and two fairly ugly giant lizards.

In one word, I was outmatched. The Blackwing Dragon killed me in one fire breath attack - about four times in a row, and the bandits in the fort closest to me couldn't set aside our differences and began prioritizing me... over two dragons.

I wasn't even able to chip away at their health. I tried running, fighting, and more running - and I couldn't escape. After four consecutive deaths within 15 seconds of respawning, I decided I wasn't going to be able to survive - especially since the dragons didn't seem to want to leave me alone.

Thankfully, I had access to commands. A "coc SolitudeSawmill" to get me out of there and a "moveto player 000A2C94" to teleport my companion to me was the only way I was able to escape (I try not to cheat, but that's not always possible). I guess I have some balancing to do before I start playing again.

That's a terrible hiding place...

I tend to dislike the Thalmor. Usually their patrols end up like this guy... dead.

Edit: Apparently these dragons don't despawn, lol. 'MarkForDelete' helped there. :p
    Deadmaster98, Kephras and battmeghs like this.