let's talk about skyrim!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by batmegh, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Thanks. :)

I realized I had one unfinished project so after I finish that up then I'll be gone. So, I guess for the next week or so I'll be active yet again.
    L3A8 and battmeghs like this.
  2. Matter of opinion there, I guess. It's acceptable the first few times you do it, but when you've had several characters and recreated them a half-dozen times each... the same origin just doesn't work for everyone. Personally, I like the flexibility. If you don't mind Alduin's guest appearance at Helgen's first annual Beheading Day each time, that's perfectly alright too.
    battmeghs likes this.
  3. Kephras, 607 and battmeghs like this.
  4. "Heard you talking crap about elves, Nord."
    2014-12-02_00009.jpg
    The College of Winterhold makes me super excited to play Skyrim again.
    2014-12-02_00010.jpg
    607, battmeghs and Kephras like this.
  5. The College questline was actually the most frustrating for me. Ancano would've been dead long before he ever got near the Eye of Magnus, simply because Ra'Shirr doesn't tolerate haughty Thalmor getting in his face. But then I don't suppose there'd be much of a quest line at all, really.
    Have the same issue with a couple of other quests, where it's perfectly clear a little preventative murder would solve a lot of problems. :confused:
    battmeghs and PenguinDJ like this.
  6. I present to you the tale of Juno the Imperial Crusader, who does... crusading stuff and is afraid of the dark I guess.
    I spawned in a mine occupied by Forsworn and I had terrible worn armor, so clearly the only reasonable thing to ditch iron armor for strips of fur that probably exist only to please the censors.

So I go around and decide to slaughter all the Forsworn I encounter, but they were really bad and deserved it I promise. As I collect the loot I see this spawn as a figurative gold mine to get me some quick cash, and a good chunk of that is because this is a literal gold mine.

Once I escape the gold mine, I make my way for Whiterun, and slaughter some bandits for some real armor. I also confirmed that my new ENB preset is gorgeous.

Journeying around Whiterun I hear a crash and find a little buddy of mine.

It came from space...totes.
    After a lot of adventure stuff, and a lot of bandit slaughter, I finally craft myself a few things from the Immersive Weapons and Immersive Armors mods, perfecting my character temporarily for her crusading.

After all, who can argue with capes?
    607, battmeghs and Kephras like this.
  7. That awkward moment when everyone wears the same outfit to the party.
    2014-12-03_00002.jpg
    Kephras and PenguinDJ like this.
  8. 2014-12-04_00001.jpg
    Skyrim politics remind me of real politics. The Jarl's brother and steward are having a serious conversation about the war and how the Jarl needs to get involved, and the Jarl is just sitting there like "Yeah, I'd tap that."
    2014-12-04_00002.jpg
    snow_freak and Kephras like this.
  9. That's completely understandable :rolleyes:
  10. 2014-12-04_00003.jpg 2014-12-04_00004.jpg 2014-12-04_00005.jpg
    So I'm in Ivarstead preparing to climb the 7000 steps, and I get a quest I don't remember from last time through. Some insane guy's sister is dead, and he thinks she's coming back. I find her skeleton and give him her necklace. As a reward he gives me vampire dust and a human heart. I'm sorry, but what? Where did this guy get a human heart, and why does he think this is an acceptable reward?
    2014-12-05_00001.jpg
    PenguinDJ, FDNY21, 607 and 2 others like this.
  11. Well, maybe he got it from his sister?
  12. Yeah, I was kind of thinking that the implication was that he murdered his sister, and then went insane from what he did. But also, his sister had been missing for a year, so that means he was actually giving me a year old human heart, which is worse really.
    battmeghs and 607 like this.
  13. I installed a few armor mods and some new hair I liked the look of (which ended up being pretty rubbish in-game, the only decent one I could find was the one I used :p) and thought I'd try them out for a bit.

So; meet whatsherface Shadow-Fist. I, erm, forgot her first name. Here she is about to kill that bear that's in those caverns you have to use to escape Helgen at the beginning of the game. It only took two shots - I used to be able to do it in one shot, but I forgot how you do that.

And, by the end of my hour in the game, she looked like this.

I got that armor from bandits who are scattered a long the path to Riverwood. I used to get a hostile member of the Thieves Guild hanging outside Riverwood who I would murderize really easily and get some amazing high level armor off. He's never there anymore.

Also, the best thing about playing this game today? I didn't lag. Which kinda means I can finally play this masterpiece again <3
    Kephras and 607 like this.
  14. Could we please utilise spoilers? :3
    The page keeps jumping up for about ten seconds while loading all the pictures, which is kind of annoying.
    Kephras likes this.
  15. Seeing this thread makes me want to install Skyrim again...
    Kephras likes this.
  16. I used to use Apache Sky Hair too. I kinda liked it but it broke.

I found out about Hepsy's hair the other day, which is the one I'm using right now. It'll probably look better if you're into anime - which I am, er, not (most of the time :p).
  17. This one contains like, one minor story spoiler. So; if for some reason you're viewing this thread and haven't bought the game yet... spoilers....

I loaded up my save and saw this. I have no idea why this giant is even here (it wasn't there last night), let alone in the floor.

As much as I hate dungeons; Bleak Falls Barrow is kinda pretty at night.

I always enjoy killing this guy.

I thought this screenshot looked cool. In the end, it didn't...

#ThatAwkwardMomentWhenYouFindOutYouAreDragonborn

The proximity of Masser to Nirn and its size has always frightened me.
    Kephras and battmeghs like this.
  18. 607 would you like some cheese with that whine. :p;)
  19. you've got to learn to install a few at a time, and make sure nothing you're installing with clash with others.. also need to figure out the correct mod load order with a few applications that help with that.
    you can't expect to have all those mods and it not work, you also could have corrupted your last save because of major game changing mods you put in.
    607 and Kephras like this.
  20. Could be any number of things, from a single bad mod, conflicts, wrong load order, broken scripts...
    Try this out and see if it helps. I also suggest trying to start a new game with your existing mods - as Batts said, corrupted savegame is also a possibility.

Been working my butt off the last week or two, not a lot of time for Skyrim or stories to share. I do have some in mind I'd like to pursue though... :)