lets talk about fallout 4!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by batmegh, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Codygraw likes this.
  2. it seems that i am still the same level of crazy as i am with this as i am with skyrim.... i downloaded 30 some mods for dialogue/crafting/character looks.
    annnnnd started the game over ^_^

snapped a photo of everything before all hell broke loose

and a hair and eye mod... still upset there are no long hair without a pony tails added yet. lol but now my eyes match better!

FDNY21 likes this.
  3. i watched a video on youtube about leveling in this game, the person said there is no level cap..
    does that mean i can keep leveling up and have a "never ending" supply of points that i can select perks with?
    what i am asking is.. is it possible to have EVERY single perk on the chart selected?
    or will have have a cap for amount of perks that can be chosen? (like in skyrim.. pretty sure that is capped that you can't have every perk tree completely maxed out)
  4. Haven't looked into much but saw a graph showing the lvling for fo4 and isn't a lvl cap. Just the need more experience than the previous lvl for example "getting lvl ** takes 100,000 experience then leveling up next time will take 200,000."
  5. apparently you can, you'll be like, well over level 240 to have EVERYTHING on there, but yes, possible! thank you bethesda for being awesome! hahaha
    The_Boulder likes this.
  6. I HAVE FOUND THE MOD FOR YOU!
    http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3432/?
  7. So, time for Carrot to reveal how ridiculously overpowered he is in this game.

Level 62, got a lot of the more unique weapons in the game including an explosive fully automatic shotgun, a shank that's somehow the best weapon in the game, and a fully upgraded Railway Rifle that I use to nail people's heads to walls (along with my collection of Fatmen, Missile Launchers, and all the unique guns I don't use like the Ripper)

Got 128 hours and counting logged in, with almost all the of the companions unlocked. Fixed up and tricked out Sanctuary, adding in several bars, a motel, general store, water purification plant, a farm that can feed 50 people, 23 residents, gun store, multiple garages for all the power armor (I collected one of every suit, yes even an entire X-01)
    Oh, and if you just want stats on all my stuff:

People: 23 Food: 58 Water: 243 Defense: 452 Power: 179 Beds: 32 Happiness: 89

Got a special ending where the Railroad, Minutemen, and Brotherhood of Steel are all allies, through a series of quests was able to take normal NPC clothes and give it 110 damage resistance, collected 98 fusion cores so far, made Piper my character's (Guy McDudeBro which, btw, Codsworth calls him "Mister Guy") bae, I can now pick master locks and hack master terminals, I no longer take radiation damage unless I am standing directly next to a nuclear bomb, I gave Codsworth a nifty bowler hat (you can equip some hats on Codsworth) and for some reason despite the fact I am an unkillable tornado of death, raiders still try to kill me. Oh yeah and I punched a deathclaw to death.

SUGGESTIONS FOR PEOPLE READING THIS WHO WANT TIPS FROM A VERY SEASONED PLAYER:
    • Get the "Aquaboy" perk, and you can essentially never have to worry about getting radiation from crossing a river and you don't drown. Also, the "Medic" perk since it'll save you a lot of stims and yes, while stims become very common late game it's way better than just constantly using them over and over.
    • I know this is going to be really horrid given how boring Preston is, but if you get him to max. affinity, you will get one of the best perks in the game that gives you more damage resistance and damage overall when outnumbered, which is all the time
    • Go to the southeastern corner of the map more often, and just kinda branch out from there. The main quests don't take you there but some of the most fun and rewarding (and difficult) areas are there. For example, a bunch of 50's grease monkeys named the Atom Cats who use power armor instead of cars.
    • Go along the harbors and you'll eventually come across a place called the Shamrock Taphouse. Go in, find the basement, activate the weird looking Protectron. This is Buddy, and along with telling you corny jokes, you can send him to any of your settlements where he then brews free beer for you. And again, corny jokes. Also he can turn drinks like Nuka Cola into their Ice Cold variants which increase their healing.
    • If you ever side with the Brotherhood, or at least get to the Prydwyn, search all of the Prydwyn and the Boston Airport for green ammo boxes, which from what I've encountered can have 4 fusion cores in just one of them. And a LOT of the ammo boxes have fusion cores.
    • You may have noticed armors labeled "sturdy" or "heavy" and thought that it's just an armor mod and either sold it or threw it away. It's actually an entirely different armor and despite weighing more, it provides WAY more protection. Fully upgraded Combat armor for example, is worse than standard Sturdy Combat armor.
    • Don't take drugs in this game or real life kids
  8. As more as it must be a bit annoying to find Fusion Cores, you have to consider two things. One: Post-Nuclear Scenario, resources are scarce. Two: You have to consider that in the world of Fallout things like Circuit Boards, Semiconductors and microprocessors were never invented. Which explains the alternative ways of powering stuff, for instance nuclear-powered cars and the excess of vacuum tubes.

Remember, it's the nuclear holocaust, ain't like everybody will be like "Hello, what a wonderful day outside"! But yeah I got ya. She is a bit annoying.

Fusion Cores can be found mostly on Military Checkpoints and Military Bases. You may also find random ones across the commonwealth. Also the Overseer's Guardian is a Combat Rifle with a effect that makes you shoot 2 bullets for each shot. So it consumes 2x more ammo than usual, but the damage is also higher.

I agree on that. There ain't much guns, BUT Bethesda wanted us to make our OWN guns. That's why they didn't add much unique ones. Fallout was meant to have freedom to create your own stuff. Also, this game is FAR from being perfect for me. Bethesda pretty much turned a RPG into a FPS-More-Like game. The game is good, but I still liked the old RPG system they had on Fallout: New Vegas.

Well, Actually Dogmeat first appeared on Fallout, then Fallout 2 and Fallout 3. Now he's on Fallout 4. Now don't ask me how he survived for 136 years... So yeah, it's more like a nostalgic thing.

Funny, because I thought totally the opposite when it comes to the important decisions. I'm not sure if you have played any other Fallout games, but for example, on Fallout: New Vegas, your decisions really changed the outcome at the end, and at Fallout 4 it doesn't really change much. I mean,
    All the endings are pretty much the same, the only thing that changes is which faction you get. I consider this game to have 2 endings actually. The Institute Ending and the Rest-of-the-Factions Ending

Anyways, I do agree that the game had good additions but they need to be a bit more improved here and there. And finally for the first time, power armors ACTUALLY feels like power armors. On the previous Fallout games, power armors were just like normal gear.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Soon, I'll comment on more stuff... I think...
  9. Actually the Overseer's Guardian uses one bullet per shot, but still fires two shots regardless.
    So ammo consumption is the same, but damage and critical damage is doubled.
  10. Also, as a side note, Deathclaws are no longer the worse thing in Fallout

That title goes to Sentry Bots who went from a glorified 4 legged spider to absolute death to all.
    battmeghs likes this.
  11. i found the stonehenge of cars..

and if anyone likes to collect power armor.. i found this under the water nicely hidden ^_^ use the photos to find it yourself

12. Personally it's been awhile since I've played fallout 4 but that's because I'm still sad over my main file being deleted..
    But some good news! Fallout DLC is official and I'm excited, they changed the price for the season pass because we're gonna get a bunch of dlc. Some ideas are new in the fallout universe like a robot you can customized, and animals you can capture and use :D One idea they've mention for a dlc that sounds like another dlc we've had in a fallout game but it's called Far Harbor, we're going to Maine with Nick Valentine to figure out a new mystery
    w0rld_craft3r and battmeghs like this.
  13. Being a Mainer myself, I am excited for the Far Harbor DLC. :) I was wondering if they are poking at Bar Harbor. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bar_Harbor,_Maine Having been to Bar Harbor before makes me wonder how close it will be to the actual Bar Harbor (If it is Bar Harbor they are modeling it after)
  14. I did hear about a few of the new DLCs coming from the Bethesda and Fallout Game Insta pages, but I don't know if I'll get them. I didn't buy the season pass but maybe I'll buy them all in a future steam sale or something :p
    mercenaries2009 likes this.
  15. you probably should buy the pass now... what sense does it make to spend 80+$ on 4+ dlc when you could get ALL dlc for only 30$ .. which, i remind you is the price of harbor. lol

and i doubt they'll be on sale for a very very very very time. lol
  16. That is what I did and I recommend doing. :)
  17. I'll consider it, but I wouldn't spend 80 dollars plus on all of them together anyway :p If they are worth that much after the pass then that's just a money grab anyway... I haven't seen enough DLC to make me want to pounce on it though, they're nice additions, but I don't know how good they're going to be yet. We'll see :)
  18. Robots, monsters, and mysteries are all coming to Fallout 4 as DLC, and the added content looks pretty sweet.

First, we’ve got “Automatron,” which will retail for 9.99 and will have a launch window of March 2016. Per the Bethesda blog:

The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain. Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!
    There’s also the $4.99 “Wasteland Workshop,” which sounds a little like Fallout 4's version of Pokemon. It will drop sometime in April 2016:

With the Wasteland Workshop, design and set cages to capture live creatures – from raiders to Deathclaws! Tame them or have them face off in battle, even against your fellow settlers. The Wasteland Workshop also includes a suite of new design options for your settlements like nixi tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy and more!

And finally, there’s the $24.99 “Far Harbor,” which gives you a new case to tackle with none other than Nick Valentine. Bethesda aims to release it in May 2016:

A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost? Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.
    It seems like price correlates with how beefy the DLC pack will be the most expensive piece is the one that seems more story-oriented, which is appropriate.

According to Bethesda, these are just a few of the many DLC packs coming to Fallout 4 in 2016. In accordance, they’re changing the price of the season pass:

Given the expanded DLC plan, the price of the season pass will increase from the current $29.99 to $49.99 USD (£24.99 to £39.99 GBP; $49.95 to $79.95 AUD) on March 1, 2016. However, if you already purchased the season pass for $29.99, nothing changes - you still get everything at no additional cost the full $60 offering of add-on content for the original price of $29.99. In addition, if you didn’t buy the season pass yet, there is still time: anyone who buys the Season Pass for $29.99 before March 1st will get all $60 worth of content. This is our way of saying thanks to all our loyal fans who have believed in us and supported us over the years.
    These add-ons will even have closed beta tests, which you can sign up for here. Beyond that, Bethesda says it will keep updating the game with improvements and optimizations, and even gameplay additions. As you might have heard, an overhaul to Survival Mode is coming, and there are still plans to bring the Creation Kit to life for modders as well. Looks like 2016 is going to be a busy year for Fallout 4.

Oh, and there’s some cool new artwork to go along with all of this, too:

I got this info on Kotaku.
    Ultimate_GG, FDNY21 and battmeghs like this.
  19. http://www.redbubble.com/shop/fallout 4 posters

Have fun being broke!

They also have some on shirts too! :)
    battmeghs likes this.