lets talk about fallout 4!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by batmegh, Dec 30, 2015.

1. yes, it works. i did it yesterday.
    i had posted on here a few hours before he posted that, that a friend of mine told me about it and i tried it.. and since it worked i posted it here (probably on page one) then someone else said i could just pick it.. but you can't? perhaps at my low level you can't.. but yes, taking dogmeat in there still works (for pc) i don't know about xbone.
  2. Played more Fallout today, got some screenshots but there's some major spoilers so only open if you're okay with spoilers/played far into the main storyline of the game...

Liberty Prime on the way to the CIT ruins to face against the Institute.

I doubt we'll be seeing the Institute again. Sorry, son.

Also did some re-arranging of my power armour today. Got more sets now! :D

From left to right: T-60 BOS Knight armour with X-01 helmet, T-60 BOS Sentinel armour, T-60 BOS Paladin armour, T-60 Atom Cats armour, T-51 Hot Rod armour, T-45 Minuteman armour :)

Still need to replace my Knight armour with the rest of the X-01 set, I'll hunt for the rest of it later on. I still have lots of spare T-45 and T-60 pieces in the safes behind too, could do with maybe four more frames! >_> Not sure where I'm going to keep putting my frames though, I'm running out of room in this part of the house. Might put some inside. Still need to finish my Raider armour too but I'm not as bothered about that, I prefer the military pieces :p

A note on fusion cores: they'll last a lot longer if you up the ninth level on the intelligence perk line, I think Dwight mentioned something about it earlier. I have at least around 30 fusion cores now, I managed to get a good few from the Prydwen and got a lot from various sentry bots too, they each carry 2 on them :)

I went back and tried it today, it works, I had to ask him to search for items a couple of times but then he took it out and dropped it on the floor :p
    battmeghs likes this.
  3. -________________-
    annoyance of the day.. i PURPOSEFULLY wandered around aimlessly to explore... to do no quests, to get no where but find random places... i stumbled upon a few places and then see this painted arrow on a sign?
    i thought to myself that it would be some raiders... some random loot to be had, whatever, kill a few people, move on. whatever...
    NO... no... i run into the settlement i was supposed to help! HOW DOES THIS EVEN HAPPEN!? i go WAAAAAY out of the way to do nothing! to just do whatever and i just happen to wander in the direct direction of a quest that wasn't active?!?!?! UGH great. lovely. wonderful.
  4. Went to go do a quest for Paladin Danse (find the missing Brotherhood scout team or something), and I ran across Taffington Boathouse. I only stuck around because I got attacked by bloatflies and tried to find a way across the little river (I'm scared of rad poisoning lel), and then I decided to slaughter every last bloatfly in the house. I walked around a little corridor area thing inbetween the house and some shack thing, found a workshop next to it. Spent over 3-4 hours building up a settlement (currently only have one settler, wot), and then I was like, "Oh yeah, I need to go a quest". Attempted to do the quest, got attacked by a Synth, I killed it, more Synths, suddenly get killed by Super Mutant Suicider, ended up staying at Taffington to practice slave labour.
    battmeghs likes this.
  5. Got my X-01 power armour suit now! :)

6. Have fun fully upgrading it :D
  7. Only done the red tactical light so far, thanks! :D
  8. My tip try to upgrade to Mk VI for each part from the get go don't mess with Mk II-V. Also Jetpack is awesome for getting into places that shouldn't be able to and getting out of reach Melee based enemies.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  9. i'm back to exploring and i found some epic clothes in that crashed airplane place... anyway... behold!

:cool:
    FDNY21 likes this.
  10. I need to get a few more armourer ranks first :p I suppose you can just build the jetpack right into it? I only have a T-60 jetpack as of now
  11. Spoilers ahoy, be warned.

Went back to my first save yesterday, and finally managed to get to and kill Kellogg. I'm currently trying to find the Institute Courser (I don't plan on killing him, but since this is a Bethesda Fallout game and not an Obsidian one, I doubt I have a choice), but the Gunners attempting to kill him keep obliterating my power armour and killing me :p

Also, where is everyone getting these suits of power armour? I've tried searching for them, but to no avail. I'm currently stuck with the armour you get early on into the game (I don't have the fusion cores to support it all that often though. Some of them aren't in locations where they should be in this save, so I have to buy them, and I'm very liberal with my caps. The only time I've stocked up on them is when I ventured into the Glowing Sea, but I only needed one. That place also isn't as terrifying as people make it out to be :p) , and it would be useful to have more than one set.
  12. I got my T-45 from the start with the Minutemen, I got my T-60 Atom Cats and two frames from the Atom Cats garage, I got 4 sets of T-60 and two frames from the Brotherhood of Steel, I got lots of spare T-60 from dead BoS Knights at the Battle of Bunker Hill, I got a full set of X-01 from 35 Court (have to be level 28 or over, building is near to the Custom House Tower) and a spare X-01 helmet from the Prydwen (stolen from the trader :p). I also got some T-51 and raider armour from some gunners and raiders out on a bridge over near Diamond City and also in the Quincy ruins near the Atom Cats garage to the south... Oh! And I found a partial set of T-45 on a frame in a derailed train cart somewhere near that diner you pass near to when you start. I had to use a terminal to open the cage up :)

That's about all I can remember, I think that's most of it anyway, hope that helps!
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  13. Thankies :p

Speaking of the Prydwen, I loved its reveal :p

It also annoyed me because the characters pronounce it as the 'Prid-wen', when it's pronounced 'Pruhd-wen' :(
    FDNY21 likes this.
  14. The Prydwen is pretty cool :p But yes, they do all pronounce it as 'Prid-wen'... :eek:

As for fusion cores, I totally forgot to reply about that. Basically, do a lot of looting and kill stuff ;) I tend to find quite a lot of them, I must be up to about 30? Sentry bots get me two a time and I've killed several, and I've even found one in a bin on the way to the CIT ruins once when I was walking across the waterfront >_> You can also get a few of those from the Prydwen too, and there's sometimes those reactor type things with one in at those big power buildings dotted across the map!
  15. So what everyone difficult setting on? My settings is on Hard.
  16. for some bizarre reason i can't seem to accomplish anything harder than very easy setting? what even... like, why is everything so boss?! :eek: lol

i am also having a small problem... i have a great computer that i have recently upgraded... i can play skyrim on ulta amazing and it runs like a beast.... i can't even run fallout 4 on low...? i get SO MUCH lag.. even in my menu.. i can't stand it. its not all of the time, but its enough that i die from enemies because i can't even fight because i have -50 fps

i have tried altering config files that was a posted solution on forums with no luck... ganna try some mods for performance.. no idea what the problem is. i have every setting low as could be >_< *cries
  17. So I was bored atm so here's my house in Sanctuary
    House and my shed

1st floor: Living Room, Dinning room, Kitchen and Small nook

2nd floor: Crafting area and Weapon Storage chest

3rd floor: Power armor storage and maintenance

Inside the Shed
    almost full might be building a another one lol
    ThaKloned and FDNY21 like this.
  18. Fallout 4 is pretty good. Didn't read anything because spoilers; I'm not that far into the game...
    so anyone here kill your dwellers?
    ThaKloned likes this.
  19. wat
  20. Wow, that's really cool! I was thinking of building up Sanctuary a lot more, but I'm going to need a lot of parts... I have a lot collected already, but I see that some people on YouTube that have really big places cheated in a lot of parts from the console to build their places. While yes that is cheating, just look at this place...

Pretty cool :D
    There's no real point to killing the dwellers, it just makes everyone around you hate you >_>
    ThaKloned and battmeghs like this.