Let's raise rupees for people who have been greifed!

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by cowland123, Aug 17, 2016.

1. The whole teleporting part of it is something I was unaware of, and indeed a problem Im glad some of you brought up. I can only hope that just because people can ruin the fun for other people they wont. That part is going to rely on the honors system. So, all of you who are gonna try to cheat: dont be that one guy. Nobody will respect or do buisness with you on the empire if you are caught. I am going to ask staff if they can record when people teleport for the duration of the event, and if anyone is teleporting on that server during the time frame, they may be DQd. I will refine this as things unfold.
  2. I've travelled to the ends of EMC! (Literally) Plus I got nothing to do for the next 3 weeks cause it's still summer in Canada. So I'm in.
    cowland123 likes this.
  3. I told you I won't cheat. I just wanted you to know others could and will. I suggest you do the trek yourself and you can weed out cheeters. I want to be an honest winner.
    cowland123 likes this.
  4. Did you get that from a certain thread I forgot to sensor? :/
  5. I didnt mean to accuse you of cheating, im sorry it sounded that way. I appreciate you pointing out the problem that clearly needed to be adressed. I really dont have time to do that trek again, sorry.
    Patr1cV and 607 like this.
  6. No. I literally traveled to the end of the what's on the live map on EMC.
    cowland123 likes this.
  7. Oh wow! this is your contest then :)
    How far was that?
  8. I will try to attend. sounds like a fun treasure hunt.
    cowland123 likes this.
  9. ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  10. Looks like others made it
  11. Nice I'll try lol
    cowland123 likes this.
  12. 10 millin rubles is many wow ex is join
    cowland123 likes this.
  13. Thank you for this awesome event! Count me in if its not too late at night :)
    cowland123 likes this.
  14. The title is 10/10
    cowland123 likes this.
  15. No, that's incorrect.

When one group member is in town and the other is in the wild (or waste) then they cannot teleport to each other, it's blocked (different worlds). The only way to do this is for the person in the wild to be within the protected area of an outpost.

Also: teleporting in the wild (outside town & the protected zone) can only occur when both players are within 48 blocks of each other, haven't been in combat for 3 minutes and you can only do this once every 15 minutes.

(edit): Also note that the 48 block limit is measured in 3D. So if you're standing on the ground (y64) and another one is standing 48 blocks away on a mountain (y112) then you can only teleport to them once you're very close to the base of the mountain so that you can teleport exactly 48 blocks upwards (64 + 48 = 112).

As you can see above the problem is pretty much non-existent. Using ender pearls will get you a whole lot further. And you also don't have to rely on others to use them.
    TromboneSteve, Patr1cV and 607 like this.
  16. Also , I would actually highly recommend disallowing the nether altogether. When I held a similar event and gave away the smp location early, a few players spent the next two weeks making nether tunnels in every direction for fast travel. My mistake was not only this oversight, but also not stating it was against the rules in the OP. Good luck.
    cowland123, 607 and ShelLuser like this.
  17. People will absolutely use any advantage they can get when you mention there's 10 mil worth of promos, just saying. I personally wouldn't, but I can definitely see people doing it. Anyway, do you know what time it'll be? If it's after 5pm emc time, funnybone937 and I can attend.
    607 likes this.
  18. Agreed.

@OP: Make it mandatory that participants use /map show: this will ensure that you can follow them on the live map every moment you want. So the very moment that you spot someone's blip in the nether they're disqualified.

You could optionally attach a contest to that (but be very careful here!): if other players spot someone in the nether they could earn a small reward from it by contacting you and telling you about it. Still... That might be too much hassle.

But I'd definitely consider the rule to force players to be visible at all times.
    Patr1cV, cowland123 and 607 like this.
  19. woo an adventure! count me in :D
    cowland123 likes this.
  20. Obviously this would need to be kept private, though, as else hate between players might arise.
    cowland123 likes this.