Language

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Xinn, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I know we are all humans but it still isnt fair. It shoukd be around the same not exactly the same.The server should have a guide line for mods about this and what to do in certain situations.thats all im saying.
  2. We do have guidelines, and those are to "use our best judgement" in any given situation. I believe you will find that the "punishments" meted out in these situations are remarkably similar. One mod might give a verbal warning (what happened in this case), another might give a kick. If the particular player had a history of being abusive or rude in chat, they might get a temporary ban. These are small things. No one is gonna get permanently banned over something like "wtf", and I think that's consistency enough.
    mba2012 likes this.
  3. Ok im sorry but i still think it should be more fair for everyone.INless they have a long history of doing it over and over again.Then they get more punishment.
  4. yes :p
  5. If you want think that this isnt fair, go test another server out there, you will see that our mods are the very best.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  6. i think it is too loose how punishment is dished out. i think we should be warned by saying w t letter that comes after e and cr*p
  7. a mod on another server told me to suck d*ck and the other mods agreed with him.
  8. i do play on another server and the mods are the same they have strict guidelines for every sitiuation.
  9. How dare you say that! The mods here are great because they dont have strict guidelines! We dont want Stalins staffing the server.
  10. I'm not bad mouthing the mods here im just saying on my other server we have really good mods!
  11. How dare you bad mouth the mods!
    EMC, you have the best mods in the history of every best mod ever.
  12. I'm not bad mouthing the mods !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
  13. You miss the joke? Or did I?
  14. Our mods do their best to be fair in every situation. However, as said previously, each and every situation is different. Using "hell" or (insert expletive here) when you come back from afk to see your grinder destroyed is ALWAYS going to be treated differently than if you are saying it as an insult/or just because you are angry at someone. This flexibility allows us mods to determine the best course of action regarding every player. (the f-bomb will always be punished, so dont try it)

Some players have a history of chat infractions so what seems like a minor slip up to others might be treated a little more strictly by us mods because we CAN see the history.

The mods on your server may be great, but we run EMC a bit differently and I believe the players will agree that our moderating is best on this server (oh wait they already did in that survey a while back)...
  15. Dangit guys I said no arguments or stuff like that. I was just curious and a tad bit upset and freaking out that we were breaking rules :/

No, punishment is just fine. I don't want to have to worry whether or not I'm going to get banned for every word I say. We've already cracked down on cheaters. As people have said, WTF does not necesarily mean What the *censored* it could mean "What the fudge?" "what the frack?" "What the fudgesticks". In school and even my parents told us that instead of cursing to replace the word with something silly. So instead of "Oh sh*t I fell" I end up saying "Oh flippity doo dah I fell".

Crap isn't even a curse word.
  16. Metric?
    Maybe the weight of a Cubic yard of well.... crap.
    Jimbonothing64 likes this.
  17. Might as well ask here, and this is completely directed at moderators.

Would you guys consider the word "damn" or "dammit" a swear/rude word?
    According to the online dictionary it states: "Expressing anger, surprise, or frustration."

Some people consider it a swear word, I consider it differently.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and nick535 like this.
  18. As long as not used in excess, we let it slide right by. Fun fact, it's actually allowed in PG movies.
  19. How much dirt do you need me to clear?

A Metric crapton.
  20. Like we need to start on this project ASAP!
  21. I should add that I was the mod to give your sis the warning today. If I am on the server at the time, I will warn the player when they use "wtf". I do understand that it can be used as "what the fudge", however people will report it because they feel that it is referencing the f-bomb. I normally suggest a more friendly "wth" if it is absolutely necessary....it gets rid of the question of the acronym's original meaning. I'm sorry if I scared your sis today.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.