Language

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Xinn, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oh like "Dolphin Noise" from SpongeBob
    which is one of the 13 sailor's bad words? (He found it on a dumpster [Mr Krabs is a "DolphinNoise"])
    PandasEatRamen and HylianNinja like this.
  2. Yeah! Somebody got the reference.
  3. Please dont say He(double hocky sticks)

jkjk
  4. I remember using the word crap, and some kid told me to stop as they were eight years old. The same day I seen them telling a mod to go and .... Themselves... It didn't end well.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  5. *fudgecakes of fire is Aikar doing to the economy.
  6. Wtf has been discussed, though it will just get you a warning. Try using wth.
    Crap is allowed.
    Stupid normally is used as an insult and will be punished as such.
    sucks is also punishable when used as an insult.
    Shut up is almost ALWAYS used rudely and will be treated as such.
    jkjkjk182 and R0bbieJo like this.
  7. If you really wanted to get rid of bad language then you would put filters in that would remove the bad language from the text and take action. I wouldn't consider wtf to be bad language and to me swearing doesn't matter as long as you put asterisks but i guess not everyone would agree...:)
  8. But my cows are really noisy....

Joking aside, it's all down to the context, as is said.
    And writing wtf in full words would be different than the abbreviation I guess.
  9. Every chat message being checked would lag the chat, so I'm not sure.
  10. That would cause lag.
  11. I dont want it to happen and i agree it probably would cause lag. I personally dont see to much bad language on EMC to much anyway:p
  12. I believe it's more of a respect thing. Sure if someone is being rude then yes, by all means kick them. However, most people don't really care if you are expressing yourself . If you are reporting people for saying petty things like "WTF" and "GOD*****T" then you're not using the system correctly. My advice, leave the judging to the moderators, because they can obviously discern true rule-breaking, and aren't as sensitive to things that don't affect them in any way.
  13. Top Tip: Use only swear words native to your language / country / town and no-one is the wiser or offended. :D

ie; That's a pile of keech. :)
  14. I could fire off some swearwords in welsh lol, but those with Google Translate would not like me :p
    mba2012 likes this.
  15. Aha, but by the virtue of the fact they have gone to the effort of translating the word therefore indicates that went out of their way to be offended, thus nullifying the offense caused. :D
    mba2012 and RainbowChin like this.
  16. "I say moderators, I translated some random text I found on a sign and it turned out to be a swearword!
    Just what do you plan to do about this?"
  17. I've finally found a fellow Welshman/woman!:D Didn't know you were welsh!
  18. the f-bomb?
  19. Fun bomb, 'cos when you use it, you've just killed the fun.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  20. Well, half welsh :p
    From the south myself :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.