Items got removed from my hotbar

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by thommylicious, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Sounds like the damage could have been worse. Still though. Eek. Gonna go change my password....
  2. dang it. :eek:
    I was online when this happened. I saw Ulti quizzing carolmoss about mod powers after :aikar: was seen in chat for that hot minute before vanish kicked in.

Now i have to go check my res. I perhaps missed that stuff while I went for that warm shower on sore muscles.
    unixbrain likes this.
  3. same
    I swear I had stuff in my inv when I went afk just after the daily server reboot, woke up with just dye in my inv instead. (I was dyeing my shulker boxes...)
    Though it is possible I misplaced I just my shulkerboxes somewhere in my mess of chests and forgot.
    I'll keep looking.
    KatydidBuild likes this.
  4. The moment when you focus on college work. Really paid off in this situation
  5. :confused: This never happened. Maybe in Grimm's universe (alternate). Carol got on 30 minutes after "Aikar" stopped sending messages. I was watching YouTube videos the whole time.
  6. right. it was after aikar was gone that carol got on.
    your netherrack was missing. you asked if it was a prank? cause you thought you hit a button, but you didn't. you knew you didn't.
  7. Oh -- I see. This happened on SMP8, so it was an hour before Carol got online. I sent an explanation of what happened, and then I sent this: "maybe that's what it looks like when a staff member looks at your inventory and clicks on something" - no questions or quizzing there. :confused:

And then an hour later, Carol got on, and you were wondering if you should remove blocks or take a shower, and I sent "do both."
  8. "Aikar" installed time distortion devices on the other servers. It confuses our recollections of anything that happens outside of smp8.

I am sure it has been fixed now and there are no issues. (except for my ability to remember events in an exact timely order :p)
    607, unixbrain and UltiPig like this.
  9. I'm sorry Aikar had to experience this but I'm glad that my doubt in this servers' staff was unfounded.

Thanks for clarifying!

Edit: In my initial post I might have mistaken Carolmoss with Crystaldragon13. Hope that helps sorting out the time distortion effects.
    LindenNZ, Krysyy, 607 and 2 others like this.
  10. My Katy needs glasses to tell thommylicious apart from UltiPig in chat. Cause I recognized a bit of that chat in your screeenshot Ulti.
    I am now immune to the time distortion effects -- kids showed me how to read a watch :p

Actually, they were just *beyond* excitement of all forms to hear about the suggested 20+ letter/character password (from Aikar). Let me give you the playback: MOooooommmm. Do we haaaaaaave to??

Totally have my community service minute for the day there :cool:
    607 and UltiPig like this.
  11. Fun fact... the AKO (Army Knowledge Online) website - which is used by Department of Defense members - as a portal to access training and email, has the password requirements:
    • 8-12 characters (!!!)
    • Two uppercase letters
    • Two lowercase letters
    • Two numbers
    • Two special characters
    607, KatydidBuild and Egeau like this.
  12. :p

A tip from someone with 100+ E-books on their computer: Take one of your novels, and copy-paste the first paragraph or so (whatever the website allows) into the password tab. This way, you can remember your password as "page 1 one of Kafka's Metamorphosis." Have your password manager auto-fill, and copy-paste from the novel when necessary. Most websites don't allow 2104-character passwords, but, surprisingly, some do :p

One morning, when Gregor Samsa woke from troubled dreams, he found himself transformed in his bed into a horrible vermin. He lay on his armour-like back, and if he lifted his head a little he could see his brown belly, slightly domed and divided by arches into stiff sections. The bedding was hardly able to cover it and seemed ready to slide off any moment. His many legs, pitifully thin compared with the size of the rest of him, waved about helplessly as he looked. "What's happened to me?" he thought. It wasn't a dream. His room, a proper human room although a little too small, lay peacefully between its four familiar walls. A collection of textile samples lay spread out on the table - Samsa was a travelling salesman - and above it there hung a picture that he had recently cut out of an illustrated magazine and housed in a nice, gilded frame. It showed a lady fitted out with a fur hat and fur boa who sat upright, raising a heavy fur muff that covered the whole of her lower arm towards the viewer. Gregor then turned to look out the window at the dull weather. Drops of rain could be heard hitting the pane, which made him feel quite sad. "How about if I sleep a little bit longer and forget all this nonsense", he thought, but that was something he was unable to do because he was used to sleeping on his right, and in his present state couldn't get into that position. However hard he threw himself onto his right, he always rolled back to where he was. He must have tried it a hundred times, shut his eyes so that he wouldn't have to look at the floundering legs, and only stopped when he began to feel a mild, dull pain there that he had never felt before. "Oh, God", he thought, "what a strenuous career it is that I've chosen! Travelling day in and day out. Doing business like this takes much more effort than doing your own business at home, and on top of that there's the curse of travelling, worries about making train connections, bad and irregular food, contact with different people all the time so that you can never get to know anyone or become friendly with them. It can all go

Try bruteforcing thát, suckers! (For effect, add your date of brich to the end, or something trivial like that :p )

(PS: I checked: Minecraft does allow book passages like this to be a password :) )
    607 and liamwill like this.
  13. I wonder when they will be transferring accounts over

Hopefully it's not too much longer
  14. am I the only one wondering if the skin was changed by the hacker??
    EfficiencyV likes this.
  15. Its all that building you did Katy

KatydidBuild likes this.
  16. Correct, they also seem to have claimed his NameMC profile - https://mine.ly/Aikar
  17. Interesting occurrence!
    My password manager estimates it would take xxx million years to bruteforce the password, though (edited out the exact number as it might greatly restrict the amount of passwords to check), so I frankly don't think it's necessary to make it stronger. :p
    I'm glad nothing much seems to have been abused. :)
    Egeau and liamwill like this.
  18. I've found govt/banking sites to be among the worst in password requirements in forcing me to be LESS secure than I would.
    liamwill likes this.
  19. I assure you I did not change from the skin my wife made me, to that lol... She did chuckle that I'm now a girl.
  20. For building passwords, I watched that interview between John Oliver and Snowden about how Passphrases are way better, so my new system is like:

keyname + 8 randomly generated characters

so for like MC, a key name would be: VideoGames, and the passphrase would be:

VideoGames+H3Pov@jP

I store the random characters in my digital password keeper, and I know my 4 "keynames" by memory, which I rotate in using depending on the type of website that I'm in.

I try to update them every year or sometimes every two years if I forget and it is not that important...
    liamwill likes this.