Iron Golem farms

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by talukegord, Nov 15, 2012.

?

Do you think we should stop these?

Yes! This should be considered exploiting! 21 vote(s) 16.7%
No! This is a legitimate method of obtaining iron! 105 vote(s) 83.3%
  1. Ok people, like alot of people keep saying, Iron Golem Farms aren't cheap. They don't just spawn in the middle of no where, they require work.

Say your making a giant automatic wheat farm, it takes time and work. To buy the materials, water buckets, pistons, redstone, redstone repeaters. Then to plant all the seeds(and then use bonemeal on all of them). And then use the pistons to hold the water and switch the lever...making the water flow down and destroying the wheat and bringing it down.

See, that took work, the same goes for an Iron Golem Farm...

The Point: I vote they should stay because if that person makes the commitment to building it in survival with thousands of other players at risk of destroying it, they should be able to keep their farm... no matter the farm type.
  2. And I know I'm doing a repeat...I just CAN'T imagine that someone would ever think of... taking away a form of supplying and creativity. (And getting iron)
  3. I'm not going to vote as I don't believe it is an exploit nor a legitimate way of obtaining iron. Honestly things being the way they are is fine as iron golem farms are just like dark rooms, they spawn a mob and then kill it giving you the drops... If iron golem farms are banned then dark rooms should also be banned... Honestly things are fine the way they are :)
  4. I do remember we used to have "sand farms" banned because it is an exploit. So when we talk about infinite iron here yes i think they are an exploit. It is the same concept with the infinite sand farms. Please take this into consideration.
  5. Whoa bumpin an old thread, -1 point.
    Dwight5273, talukegord and jkjkjk182 like this.
  6. Yeah...my fault :p
  7. Lol no. Sand farms are glitches. Plus, way to go for bumping an extremely old thread.
  8. Sandfarms is actually a glitch in the game, and was fixed by mojang every new patch but people keep finding a way to redo it :)

Iron farms is just how iron golem works, they have been nerfed alot tho back then you used to get more golems :)

Sand generators is not legal, iron farms is legal anyways both ways are cheaty. :)
  9. Go ahead and make fun of me bumping old stuff D':
  10. how do you make one
  11. Let me start with a bit of self-disclosure; I have an iron farm (as well as a gold farm, multiple grinders and generators). I truly feel that EMC should respect all the elements of vanilla minecraft, glitches, work arounds etc. But if EMC does respect vanilla standards there is an issue with egging. Without egging I (as well as most others) would not have attempted constructing an iron farm. I would be willing to accept the elimination of egging.
  12. i dindt know about gold and iron and stuff only obsid stone and cobble
  13. I couldn't agree more, let Mojang fix this, it would be rather cheap(in my opinion) to take something that helps out of the game.
  14. jkjkjk182 likes this.
  15. Lets be completely honest here.

The only reason people are getting a bit of a lob on about Iron farms is because it's chucking out an Ore rather than some random mob drop.

There's a perception it's affecting Iron prices.

It absolutely is not, as far as I can tell. I'm still paying the same for Iron as I was before the Golem farms came about.

What about Gold farms? Why isn't anyone getting on about that?

Double standards people, double standards.
  16. Taluke :( Thats why I plant roses! And your brother doesn't seem to mind ;)
    Whats the diffrence between an iron farm and your enderman grinder :p
  17. The ones I knw of are as follows:
    Cobble
    Stone
    Obsidian
    Sand (illegal)
    Iron
    Gold
  18. if they were to be removed now it would destroy the work that people have put in, you may say that it is easy to get iron and you dont even need to be active however the amount of time, resources and danger that people put in to make them surely deserve this reward at the end. If this is how the iron golems naturally spawn it is no different to any other mob grinders