Iron Golem farms

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by talukegord, Nov 15, 2012.

?

Do you think we should stop these?

Yes! This should be considered exploiting! 21 vote(s) 16.7%
No! This is a legitimate method of obtaining iron! 105 vote(s) 83.3%
  1. That's pretty much ISMOOCH's design, but the pods are a bit spread out.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  2. I've built it in SP. It cleaned me out of 6 months worth of glass and stone I have mined. Good job I built it in my alpha world - my SP full release world doesn't have enough resources :p
  3. ...wow just...wow
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  4. Also, smooch's has 8 pods at the moment.
    I got about 5 and a half stacks of iron from and hour of AFK.
  5. Because making the grinder takes mining, eggifying, lava, smelting, choppping and crafting. It takes tons of effort, and I think a steady suply of iron is a legit reward.
    Also, if this is true, that farm+time=infinate iron, then zombie grinders/xp farms should also be illegal because zombies have a rare drop of iron.
  6. What is really the background of this and similar requests?
    Why do you thing exploiting game mechanics to get some items with less effort wouldn't be acceptable?
    Isn't it that creativity, logical thinking, doing the math, solving problems is the most interesting part of Minecraft?
    Wouldn't removing that and asking for "how it is meant to be played" make the game boring?

PS: unfortunately, sand generators still work in 1.4.4 ...
  7. But might not on EMC, in the fixing of the weird piston glitch that plagued us, I think Aikar said they were gone.
  8. Woot, Thats the same tutorial I used to build mine.
  9. How many do you have on yours if you don't mind me asking?
  10. He has 12. Its really the max you can have functioning. If you did it perfectly, you can actually throw another layer and make it 16... but its not worth the effort as spawning for the lower level gets weird. Done worry RainbowChin, Pazzo's and Pantano's farms will be 12 soon enough. And just any FYI, mine is 9 cells :p... I try to add at least one in either Pazzo or Pantano everytime I am on, I just hate making the pipes xD, they take so long.
  11. Lets ban ANY renewable resource
    Dwight5273 likes this.
  12. I have an idea.
    Lets have everyone on EMC vote on this idea. The way that we get EVERYONE to vote is to ask one of the staff if they can put this on the front page.
  13. While we often have votes on some things... I do think you must have missed two very important posts.

14. You can stop with the sarcastic ideas xD
  15. Nooooooo, competetionz......

I mean, welcome to the 12Cell club. Here's your purple smoking jacket and complementary SAM's club membership card. :p
  16. Haha.. I have no need to compete :p. Allengero was the first person to my knowledge to have full 12 cell farm here. And that was after I shared with him the simplistic idea that 12 could work do to chunk loading and world height. when he had like a 4 cell. Next day, he had a 12 cell xD. Fast builder that guy.

The cool think about iron farms that people who do not build them do not realize, while the cell design is the same, the way each person handles the piping, and delivery, is actually pretty unique from set up to set up. I Like my pipe system, because I only have to build them once :3... and you guys have a great 'unclogger' that I would have never have thought of.

There is quite a bit of planning that has to go into a BIG farm, its not just putting it up. Thats where I think a lot of thought is being lost. Its quite a feat to get it all nice and set up where you can just sit in one room and glory in your in iron bath. And well worth it for the amount of work going into it. Quite a few manhours are dumped into an iron farm. No matter how quick you get it there, it still takes a poo ton of work.
  17. stan will be missed
    :(
    talukegord likes this.
  18. He must always be remembered
    For those who don't know Stan was an iron golem who was the best friend of sesffychan, he was killed by an evil noob for his iron, and it lead to much sadness throughout the land of smp8
  19. MONEY HUH :mad:
    eklektoi likes this.
  20. yeah i saw your record :)