Introducing the Empire PVP Arenas!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Was about to suggest that you get rewards on multi-kills with no deaths and then I thought how easy it would be farmed.

Can you add an invisible barrier so people in safe zones cannot kill people in PVP arenas?
    Equinox_Boss and Importerer like this.
  2. what sky said, or make the boarder area a "safezone" like in endertopia so players cant deal damage
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. When will leaderboards be added, listing kills, deaths, k/d ratio, etc?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Finally something on my home server lol
    Equinox_Boss and dresden72 like this.
  5. Tonight ill actually be removing the doors and setting up RTS signs to tp to various locations inside instead.
  6. Welp, I now no longer owe nick5013 50 DCs of melons. :p
    Equinox_Boss and Cchiarell6914 like this.
  7. I kind of want there to be bosses that spawn in a specific PVP area a certain time a day.

EXAMPLE
    Everyday at 4 PM EST, a Marlix spawns in Blue. The Marlix is unlike any Marlix, it has twice the health and the weapon is 2x as powerful.

It makes people gather in groups and attempt to kill this vicious monster.

Each monster can spawn at different times so that everybody gets to kill a monster in an appropriate time in their time zone.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. Got 6 heads from this. :p I died a lot... I wonder why? Maybe I didn't have armor, but I was under the impression that a plain stone sword was fairly vicious. :p
  9. Finally! This is defiantly going to be interesting.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. No drops, auto despawns at 4:30 (4:15?)
    That could be fun, an automated boss arena.
  11. Was just a random time I used. Thinking times could be a diff times.

12 Midnight, 6 AM, 12 PM, 6 PM, 12 Midnight
    Equinox_Boss likes this.

12. Do I get an award or something :p
  13. Honestly, I don't want there to be a kills and deaths leaderboard. Maybe kills, but definitely not deaths. Otherwise I wouldn't feel right just going in for fun without anything just to punch people. I would worry about my ranking. I want this to remain as good clean fun, and not a competition.
    Equinox_Boss and NetherWorld666 like this.
  14. First off, Great idea, give those with a little lust for blood a moment to vent.

Couple of suggestions based on only about 10 minutes of play.

Make the doors one way only in. It's not like your stuff will get lost, so it's uncool for people to pop in the door and hit you and run back out.

It would be cool if there were some different choices about play style. Specifically equip items as you enter? Wood swords or infinity bows, no armor or with armor, etc, or choose your equip based on the door you enter.

At the moment it's pretty crazy, you want the best armor ever and the best sword, and just run around killing everyone in site. It's not fun for very long (personally speaking) and will not be fun at all for anyone who doesn't have access to very high end gear. I almost want to say make equip take wear, so that people will think twice before they bring the best stuff they have just to hack on people, but maybe just make one of the choices an all out battle, rather than all of them this way.

Anyway, this really gets the imagination going for me. Minigames are a great way to participate in something for a limited time but with a group. I don't suggest for all this to happen right now of course, it's just fun to brainstorm about ways that the minigame system could grow. Another great update Aikar!
  15. I dunno... I sure enjoyed dying. And I was that person who runs around throwing snowballs and punching people. Could just be me, though. :p
    Equinox_Boss and princebee like this.
  16. A reason for me to go back to playing EMC a bit more. Thanks Aikar this is what I have been waiting for forever!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  17. ...yay... a reason to get ignored in town even more on my home server... :oops: ...This is making abandoning my horse farm and far from complete ivory tower even more tempting..
  18. People take a great amount of damage at the moment, so maybe have armor take only half the normal damage it would normally take, instead of all. Also, if this was implemented there would be no positive reason for everyone to go to the arena, seeing as you can only lose durability and not gain anything. I do agree with you, though.

There should also be mini-arenas that can be used for people in groups that want to 1v1 each other or similar, with a time limit.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. My experience-
    Playing on SammyS_ so people didnt know it was me until I told them, I was doing very well. I still have yet to die.
    Problems are shiny flesh, fighting someone and they just run out or stand in the door way and hit you. People havent been complaining, but it is brand new.

People saying you can only do well with god tools, RandomZh was using iron armor and was doing very well, B4DMAN5IMON was running around with a gold sword also racking up kills and a few others with regular diamond armor were also competitors while everyone was fighting it out. Obviously you have a higher chance to do better if you use the proper gear, that shouldn't be limited.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  20. Holy mother of Notch! Great update! :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.