Introducing the Empire PVP Arenas!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Feb 19, 2014.

1. To those worried about PvP here - I don't think this should cause a problem as long as we continue to state in advertisements and in the tutorial that this is not a PvP server. Anyone joining should understand that, although later they will find that there is one small location that is an exception.

I'm not too worried about those who join but still don't get it either. I've been attacked four times in the nearly two years I've been here and only died once from it. All four times I was able to screenshot them and every one got in trouble.

I don't think this will become a slippery slope. Instead it will be just one of the mini games we can play.
  2. Well then.
    Time to get Skype group to kill each other :D
  3. Holy crap this is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. Haha can't wait to kick some butt :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Oooo I like!
  5. Ill be playing tonight! :D
    Equinox_Boss and GameKribJim like this.
  6. we need one of those pitfall arenas, like from the old american gladiator show :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. Way out in the wild as well...
    Oh well I have like 3 alts
    Equinox_Boss and princebee like this.
  8. FYI once we get the Game World up and running, this will be moved to there, so then it will be accessible no matter if your in wild or not :)
  9. Will there be leader boards with kills and deaths? Because I have been getting so many kills on SammyS_ and no deaths :D
    Equinox_Boss and QuarterStop like this.
  10. No, focus will resume back to Dragon Tombs now, don't really have time to design a leaderboard for that atm :(

Plus, don't want to put too much focus into PVP atm.
  11. :) Oh fun!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. To clarify on this suggestion better, that is not the audience type we are looking for. If a player is looking for PVP only, we do not want to advertise to them, as they will be bored with nearly everything else we focus on, and would want to try to PVP in the wild anyways.

So all adverts will continue to say no pvp. This feature is simply to provide fun to those who do prefer survival but also pvp on occasion too.

Give people a 1 stop shop for all things they love to do in Minecraft.
  13. YES! This will bring Nick back.... :)
    Happy Momma!
  14. :(
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. There are so many new updates I am actually finding it hard to keep up.....which is a good thing I guess ;) I really like this new feature, I am not a big PvP fan, but I do love a little bit of PvP now and then. The way that you have implemented this is good. To all of you who are complaining, you aren't forced to take part in it. You don't even have to go near the arena if you don't want to. :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. I guess this really shows how overpowered emc special items can be:p
    Equinox_Boss and Cchiarell6914 like this.
  17. lol sam why need leaderboards when we know our K/D ratio is Over 9000!
  18. To see wether you have over 10000 or not.
    Equinox_Boss and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  19. Thanks so much, Aikar! This is really cool! :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.