Introducing Empire Mail!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Does an alert or something come up on you screen when u log in? If not u could add something like this. You have mail! Do /mail to receive it.
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  2. It does. Brit sent me one when I was on my husband's account/I guess my alt now that he doesn't play much, and when I logged back into this one it said I had mail. Not received mail while I was online yet though but I'm sure it will be like "YOU'VE GOT MAIL!"
    Equinox_Boss and battmeghs like this.
  3. It tells you on login and immediately when receiving it.

This is the first feature to get smart and send notifications to another server than the one your on :D
    Equinox_Boss, Olaf_C, mba2012 and 2 others like this.
  4. Epic Aikar, just epic.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. Hmm, would you consider having really high fees for usage in the Wild and Wastelands? Like 1,000r per mail with non-book items?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. Well, you're right, that sure is really high fees...
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. There is planned to be a Diamond Supporter perk to access in the wild with fees AND Receiving delays.

I skipped finishing that part though in order to get it out in time.
    Equinox_Boss, Olaf_C and 607 like this.
  8. Hmmm...why not have 1,000r fees for free users, 750r for iron supporters, 500r for gold supporters, and of course have free access for Diamond Supporters?
    Sorry for being difficult, just brainstorming, I think that this would sell the perk really well. It would irritate people to have to pay 1k to use Mail, which would drive them to get a supportership to reduce or eliminate fees :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. How about let's keep the pattern and do 250r for D. Supporters...
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. Hmm, maybe an even better way to allow all players is:

Free: 3k fee and 5 day wait period to receive items.
    Iron: 2k fee and 3 day wait period to receive items.
    Gold: 1k fee and 2 day wait period to receive items.
    Diamond: no fee and 1 day wait period to receive items.

Realize how powerful mail sending is for anyone who is far out in the wild now...
    You will be able to transport goods to and from town without going back and forth, so there really has to be steep cost for this.
    Equinox_Boss, Olaf_C and 607 like this.
  11. At least give diamond supporters some sort of fee.
    Equinox_Boss and vividOptimism like this.
  12. Waiting period is a good idea, I think you just nailed the concept mate.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. What? :confused:
    Equinox_Boss and boozle628 like this.
  14. How about an optional fee to expedite the message? If I were in the Nether swimming in lava I might pay a lot for a Fire Resistance Potion, although I doubt if I could get my mail and drink it fast enough to save me. There are probably more practical reasons that someone would want to do this.

The ability to do this is worth far more to people who are bazillions of blocks out in the Wild than most of us who play far out but within a reasonable distance from Spawn.

I also wonder how the delay will work if I am in the Wild when mail is sent to me and then I change locations. I would expect the delay and cost would be dependent on whether I open it in Town or the Wild. There's the same sort of problem with sending items from the Wild. What about sending something from the Wild to someone in the Wild. Would there be a double cost and double delay?

Without knowing what something is ahead of time, I might open it in the Wild then have to wait for something I could have had in Town right away. Could I maybe open it, see what it is, then close it again without taking the items to reopen later somewhere else?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. Those thoughts...
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. Please elaborate. Do you think they are kookoo or profound, and why.

I was thinking of using this as a sort of rescue service, but having to wait days for a set of armor or food just wouldn't work.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  17. You think of all the possibilities. I find them good points.
    Equinox_Boss, Pab10S and 607 like this.
  18. I'm sure there are more. This could be a really nice tool as long as it doesn't get buried under fees and technicalities.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. i have just spent over 5k mailing random stuff .... worth it
    Equinox_Boss likes this.