Introducing Empire Mail!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Feb 14, 2014.

1. I see what you mean. And if you knew what was coming, you could simply avoid the server on which you're in danger for 24 hours and claim your prize on sign-on.

I suppose the purpose Aikar is trying to defeat is the ability to send vast amounts of mined material from the far wild into town instead of having a player run it back by hand. Either way, it's an awesome system and "Huzzah for Aikar!"
    Pab10S likes this.
  2. 2 Questions for Aikar...

1. Will Mail ever expire or delete ?

Lets say you mailed a friend that has been gone for a while, will they still get the items when they return?
    Or lets say you are deep in the wild on your home server and you only come to town every couple months or so, but you want to check all your item mail in town, will you lose the the mail at some point in time or on an update to 1.8 ?

2. Is there a max number of unread mail that you can receive (from other players or from voting) before you do not get the mail you should because you are out of mail space (not inventory space, i mean unread mail space)?

Thank you for this info.
    Pab10S and Equinox_Boss like this.
  3. I don't think we tested it - doubt their is a set limit - just whatever the system would allow (might not technically be a limit)
    Equinox_Boss, 607 and cadgamer101 like this.
  4. Bump for question #1 at least.
    Thanks Aikar for responding.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. I will test it out excessive mail this afternoon and post my findings =)
  6. After testing and talking with aikar, I have your answer. There are no limits to mail and they never expire. =)
    cadgamer101, 607 and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  7. Thank you very much!
  8. *sends Krysyy 200 mail* ;)
    607 and cadgamer101 like this.