Introducing Empire Mail!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Great idea Aikar!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. That moment when I logged on and had no mail... #ForeverAlone <3
    Trapper777, Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  3. Being able to mail items from the Wild has massive repercussions and basically falls back to the old debate about having the Vault in the Wild, which was firmly shot down by the community.

There must be a cost implication for sending items from the Wild at all levels, or else regardless of delay, I'd be spamming back all the great stuff I've got hoarded at my village and making great profits.
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  4. Going to break silence and absence just long enough to say this:
    I'm very glad to see this has been implemented, and it's one I've been looking forward to for some time. Well done. :)
    Of course, since I'm no longer actually playing, it doesn't make much of a difference to me personally, but I feel it's only fair to show support for changes and additions to EMC I believe are genuinely positive.
  5. Could the message please be changed to include the sender when I do /mail get, instead of only "Mail successfully received."?

I got a message saying I had mail earlier and did not check to see who it was from before typing /mail get 1 and now I don't know who sent it to me.
    Equinox_Boss, 607 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  6. sounds reasonable.
    Equinox_Boss, mba2012 and Pab10S like this.
  7. Seriously give it up to Aikar. Now that I'm a developer and am in contact with him quite often I realize the kind of work ethic this guy has to getting stuff done for this community. He frequently stays up until the early hours slaving over multiple five hour energies (seriously he may die, like way too many 5 hour energy shots). Anyways I just wanted to pop in and express what a great guy he is and I hope everyone can appreciate the amazing work he's been doing. Truly a talented individual and all around good person.
  8. Great! And is the only for now? I hope not! :D
  9. The real surprise is that I actually received some Valentines. :cool:
    607, mba2012 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  10. Lucky.... :p
    Curundu likes this.
  11. I should really get a signature that does not consist of broken links . . .
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. Nice sunflower... :p

But anyone actually know? Did I just miss something?
  13. Id like to see atleast books in the wild for a fee, like you have a warning saying itll cost you 50 extra rupers to accept in the wild, and if you confirm it you can get the book.
  14. I accidentally sent a mail that was all cookies and no book.
    RainbowChin and 607 like this.
  15. I see no problem with this
    Trapper777 and 607 like this.
  16. I doubt the recipient was like, "Ew cookies." :)
    607 and RainbowChin like this.
  17. The issue with this is that (as far as I can tell) the /mail system isn't supposed to be a rescue service. It's a mail service. That's why there are so few slots, unlike the /vault.
    607 likes this.
  18. aikar decided to prioritize it because I kept asking that's why he did it
  19. If we were limited to Books only, I would agree. This is an item delivery service. The number of slots is irrelevant. Whether it could practically be used to rescue anyone in the Wild would depend on the situation and what Aikar allows. I was just relating one of the several ways I expect I might use it and how it would be affected by the way it is implimented.

I think his last post regarding this said he might allow Diamond Supporters to receive items with no fee and a one day wait period. If I were in the Nether and a Ghast took out my Nether Portal, I would consider being able to obtain a Flint and Steel through the mail quite valuable under those conditions.

Nail heads, knives, and coins tend to turn into screwdrivers under the right circumstances. Regardless of the original intent, I expect we will discover there are many ways to use this feature.
    607 and Curundu like this.