[IMPORTANT] Empire Update: Silence Of The Lambs!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by IcecreamCow, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Awww, No more KFC party's allwell at last the lag issue will be improved
  2. Yes, 911 just has to cut back on sheep to fit the limit though, not shut down like everyone was crying they would have to do.

Just how I see it but they really had no other way to do it. People in town are creating giant farms and lagging people but if they put a limit in town you'd have to listen to the townies moan that it wasn't fair the wild wasn't affected. There are also the glitches that the servers were going through and that was causing major glitches like villagers to breed again. Also helps to limit the possibility of us losing wild mobs like we did at one point. Also it seems a lot of people left the servers due to the glitches after 1.3 update. Plus it seems to be hilarious to egg the heck out of a res and lag people. :/
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  3. Also, any news on an auto eggifying plugin?
  4. Ok I was to lazy to read all the post so i don't know if these questions were asked but here it goes.

1: What happens if you have a large wheat farm and it produces over 200 items will all the others vanish besides the 200? or will it not?

2: I guess this isn't really a separate question from the first but same concept but if u had 100 animals and u use ur large wheat farm will only 100 be the total of harvest u get? (basically the same as 1st) xD

Edit: Nvm it says it wont keep items from appearing so :) didn't see that Another question that relate to this then can the number of items be over 200?
    KarlisKrazy likes this.
  5. EDIT: I will just provide some links to help answer you questions...

http://empireminecraft.com/threads/...silence-of-the-lambs.14895/page-2#post-252006

http://empireminecraft.com/threads/...silence-of-the-lambs.14895/page-2#post-252048
    Dudelol523 likes this.
  6. Yes cuboid with player in the center

This should not affect your slime farm. The only part that might affect grinders is where collection pools are very close to the spawn chamber.

This is not usual for a grinder. Also, the auto remove feature, which isnt even in place, will not just randomly remove your mobs.

The auto remove feature is basically to take care of situations where the limits have been bypassed (by before update animal pens or figuring exploits around the limiter)

If your at the monster cap, new monsters will simply not spawn. It's not going to delete any of your current unlss something fishy goes on.

Also note, default vanilla mechanics includes auto despawn at 128 blocks. We simply shortened that distance. it's not very common for you to go more than 80 blocks from your collection pool.

I tested an enderman farm, was still working fine.
  7. Quick question about something unrelated: when will the dragon update come out?
  8. Aikar has had to put the Dragon update on hold temporarily. He's currently working on Residence, so that way we don't have to restart the servers every 2 hours... :p
    I think this is far more important then the Dragon update. :)
    jkjkjk182, jaqiefox and chickeneer like this.
  9. Also -- I just rolled out an update to reduce ghast spawns. Its still likely going to be more than vanilla, but def thinner.
    The ghast spawn rate is throttled so youll only be overwhelmed if you stay in one area for a period of time (and if theres actually enough open room for alot to spawn and gather together)

The "Cluster Box" for ghast is 3x the size of normal, and only 1 ghast per cluster, but they can move after they spawn...

So ghast can still team up and bully you, but ALOT less then earlier.

Also rolled out 1.3.2 B2 build of Spigot... This should hopefully help even more with lag. I'm really liking the promises of Spigot over CB++ (Spigot was the previously mentioned CB-- but was renamed).
    chickeneer likes this.
  10. Does the cuboid stays align with chunk limits or does it follow the player around?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I know I could setup experiments to get the answers myself, but it's just easier to ask.
  11. No does not care about chunk lines, and its actually centered around the desired entity spawn.. It has to find a player in the box or spawn is cancelled.
  12. I've never heard of Spigot before. Can you share more details, like where I can get more technical info or why it is better than bukkit or??
  13. Great update. An impressive addition to the Empire. :)
  14. Try being in the middle of them...running around with 10-15 Ghasts hawking fireball spitwads at ya is no picnic I can tell ya that.. :eek:
  15. Sweet so no more getting swarmed by a herd of ghasts immediately...I do like all the tears I picked up, but the toasted pants kind of sucked a bit. That and having one spawn in a room behind me and then blasting the floor out from under me...:eek: I will check the area I am at tomorrow and let ya know if there is anything buggy or nutty about the new patch. Thanks again man...
  16. Spigot is another fork of Bukkit to make performance improvements just like CB++ is. The author decided to do his own version in a simpler and cleaner way than CB++, and designed it to be automatically updated with Bukkit.

So initial benefits of updating to Spigot over CB++: No delay in updates from Bukkit fixes!

They pretty much copied the same performance tweaks, but just applied them cleaner.
    Read up here (and all the juicy drama): http://forums.spout.org/threads/1-3...ormance-savvy-craftbukkit-mod-out-there.3776/
  17. Why is there tons of ghasts in the Nether????
  18. Could also be New Zealand. Heck we have more sheep than people here. Plus on an average day we can have all the seasons in one day.

But anyway. Great update. Looks set to help with the inclusion of future updates.
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  19. My concern is my slime farm's bottom layer is almost at bedrock, and the collection area is about 10m below the surface and about 20-30m above the top layer of the farm. Now, its no big deal if I have walk around near the spawn pads to get the slimes to spawn, but my concern is that when I go to leave the spawn pads and travel back up to the surface/collection area it will force all the slimes that spawned to despawn, rendering the farm useless. I've been thinking about ways to modify the escape hatch to the surface/collection area, but it may be difficult to stay within the 80m distance.. is there a delay or do mobs instantly despawn the second you step outside the 80m distance... I mean, the farm is 4 chunks wide at least (32m) so if a slime is at the far end I'm all ready at almost half the distance away that will cause it to despawn.:( As you stated Aikar, vanilla MC mechanics auto despawn at 128 blocks, an additional 48 more blocks, and I am sure that a lot of grinders, farm, etc were built/designed to function within the 128 block parameters. So exactly how many creations are built to work with 128 and wont work with 80?

Please dont misunderstand, I'm not so naive as to think that own personal inconvience that develops from this update should have any bearing on whats best for the entire community, I'm just voicing my own personal concerns about what problems this could cause for me and the others who use this particular farm. And if I have these concerns, maybe there are a few others as well who are in the same boat. And I'm not sure if there's a possibility of maybe tweaking some of the parameters of this update a little if its possible to make the update better serve everyone.
    butters89 likes this.
  20. so only 200 animals/npc(villagers)