I think im going insane :/

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by AltamirDeMarz, Jan 17, 2014.

?

Can i borrow your straight jacket?

0_0...yep 8 vote(s) 50.0%
Ha...Nope 8 vote(s) 50.0%
  1. Thinking you're going nuts is the first sign that you're not.
    Crazy1080 and HylianNinja like this.
  2. He is correct. The schizophrenic would not be able to know that they are hallucinating.
    607 likes this.
  3. That is true, people with schizophrenia can't tell the difference between reality and their hallucinations. Still, it might not be a bad idea to get checked if you have it.
  4. Yeah i cant tell either but usually you dont see people with their bones sticking out and eyeballs missing...
  5. LILY BOWEN APPROVES OF THIS MESSAGE!

Fallout references, sorry...

I suggest you tell your doctor, or therapist, what exactly is happening and you know it's not real. They will not call you nuts, because if you know what you're seeing isn't real you're obviously not bonkers :3 They will understand this and will inform you of what you have to do to get rid of this. No, they will not give you a straight jacket.

Unless you're me, and inside you're a complete psychopath :3
    CommanderCustard likes this.
  6. If you feel like you're going insane, listen to Eminem. He's also insane, I think you could relate to a lot of his music, particularly his album Relapse, I believe.
  7. Oh, yes, the mental disorders. Everyone's got one, because then they feel important. Being perfectly realistic, you're probably just tired.

Also, you should try going on a brisk walk/jog. Endorphins, yo. Make sure you've got all your faculties in order before you go and spend a fortune on therapy.
    Olaf_C and HylianNinja like this.
  8. Perhaps you have been eating some bad mushrooms:confused:

Sleep deprivation can cause temporary 'insanity', and an allergic reaction to any number of chemical agents can cause unpredictable brain activity. Eliminate the source and the effect should quickly pass.

If you have not been purposefully using any type of 'drugs' , either from a doctor or recreationally, then you really should seek medical assistance. Have you mistakenly been exposed to any drugs, date rape stuff?

Crazy doesn't fit the bill here. If you were crazy, you would not know this wasn't real, so a head doctor isn't the first place to visit. See a regular doctor who may suggest a blood panel to make sure your liver is working and other tests may be prescribed.

I have sleep apnea, and it doesn't take too long for me to go off the deep end without treatment. I don't ever recall hearing voices, but i get paranoid as hell, like to the point of quitting my job and thinking the government is out to get me.:eek:
  9. I think that's a bit insensitive, many people who say they have mental disorders happen to have mental disorders. I agree Wartrex is probably just tired and feeling confused, but I do not like how you phrased that post.
  10. im kinda a psychopath tho yes... my IRL kill count is still 0 tho... no assists or KS es either (L O L reference)
  11. *sigh* Now i ll tell a short story that could explain why i got this.
    1.I ALWAYS have been the one blamed/bullied
    2.I never intentionally "hurt" anybody
    3.Even now my classmates drive me crazy...(no pun)
    4.I think them smoking WEED right next to me could have something to do with this
  12. Why the hell do you allow them to smoke weed next to you!?
    607, jacob5089 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  13. Its just the fact that you look at everything negatively, it makes you think and create negative things thus making everything bad. Its ok doe. Just try to do something that makes you happy c:
  14. I dont... there is just no reason not to
    i ask them to get a bit away...they ignore it
    i tell the teachers to ask them... they still dont care
    i go away...they come after
  15. It is insensitive. I was being quite purposefully insensitive. It's nothing personal.

I don't like when people make light of serious issues. If he actually has a problem, this is the wrong avenue to pursue. None of us are professionals, in fact it's against EMC's rules for this thread to exist for that very reason. I'm not looking to make anyone feel bad, but I can't condone threads like this.
  16. Did i miss something about the threads? what very reason?
  17. It's a liability thing. If something we say or do causes someone to do or say something with permanent consequences, EMC could be held liable. That, and it's flagrantly irresponsible to offer advice to people with conditions you couldn't possibly comprehend.
  18. Although, there's no problem with people posting problems here looking for advice. It's one of the unique things EMC's become since it's existance...a safe haven, if you will to talk to people before you feel comfortable talking to people in your real life.

As long as people aren't posting actual medical advice other than how to seek help...this thread is perfectly fine, and we don't mind people asking for help.

Besides, a community this size MIGHT have someone who's qualified enough to at the very least direct him in a more positive direction.

There's no need to assume someone asking for help is "making light of a serious issue". Even if it isn't serious, he might not know that yet and came to us for guidence. :)
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  19. You know what's weird, when I am alone I feel what's around me, like sad on raining days.
    My parents have the same thing, like a sixth sense >_<
    It's not unheard of, but it's probably best if you experiment with when you see them, like when your tired or not. :p
  20. Pot does not have these effects unless it is "something special". But, you should probably keep away from them since they seem to bother you.
    SoulPunisher likes this.