I shouldn't have read that... [Herobrine]

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Lasluin, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This was before they could get through portals, it was 1.2 i think ,It was at least two updates ago, still does not mean there was not a glitch :p
  2. herobrian......
    I don't know about him.
    I was playing on the xbox360 edition, when i dug into a hillside.
    I saw him
    I covered it up, and i sprinted back to my house as fast as i could.
    but, when i was running, i could hear cobblestone breaking from underneith me.
    I have never played the xbox360 edition since that day
    607 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  3. I think that was more to scare people lol, i myself am certian that he is not real (How would he be ???) I think Notch sat down and said "Hey you know what, lets screw with people by saying we removed Herobrine" and i think he knew that people would not believe the -Removed Herobrine and would think it was supposed to calm them down, therefore only furthering their belief in Herobrine.....
    If i die then Herobrine is responsible......he is gonna be pissed i am denying his existence
  4. Lol. So you don't know about Herobrine, but you've seen him?
  5. Lies.
    That's like me saying I seen BEN while playing Majora's Mask. They're just creepypastas - fictional stories designed to scare you. TBH, the only one that worked on me was The Rake, which is why it's my favourite creepypasta...Although the Slendermen could just easily wipe his puny face off this earth.
  6. I learned it as "Herobrian"
    I did not learn it as "Herobrine"
  7. I thought he was fake until THAT day i saw him.
    Now i know he is real
  8. I love to pretend all these things are real. I get scared no matter what so I go on with the joke as long as anyone wants to follow me, but also as long as no one tries to push it on those who don't want to play along or goes too serious about it. That anecdote is quite the kind of thing that makes it all even funnier xD

But yeah, I like how people unite to make this things "come real" and make things a bit more spicy, memes in general make me feel part of a big Internet family :p

I didn't know about that code, something new learnt. And I love your current pic xD
  9. I usually pronounce it how it's spelled Hero Brine, Brine like Brine shrimp. I've heard it like Hero Bren too.

Lol, the threads have been deleted but this kid made two or three and was so adamant that he wasn't lying and was getting severely mad and raging like crazy that we were all douchebags calling him a liar.
  10. Herobrine was not made by Mojang, and calming down people was why Notch did that.
  11. I have heard it pronounced Hero-brain... :p
  12. Was feeling nostalgic...BEN was the first creepypasta I ever read in 2010...I showed my brother it and he couldn't get to sleep on Easter xD
    PandasEatRamen and Lasluin like this.

13. Wrong.
    The truth:
    The entire Herobrine wiki entry!
    It includes all of the Mojang employees reactions and even a remark from C418 that Disc 11 has NOTHING to do with the Herobrine cannon/creepy pasta.

Removed humans(?) (mentioned as Herobrine in Notch's patch notes as a joke).
    The Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition started from this version's features.
    http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history/Beta#Beta_1.7 (Just below 1.7 is 1.6.6)

Beta 1.6.6 Removal of essential Human code, as well as to toy with the community.
    Beta 1.7 No reasons for the entry/Toying with the community.
    Beta 1.7_01 No reasons for the entry/Toying with the community.
    Beta 1.8 "Adventure Update" No reasons for the entry/Toying with the community.
    1.0 "Full Release" No reasons for the entry/Toying with the community.
    1.2 No reasons for the entry/Toying with the community. Only noted on the Tumblr version of the changelog, viewed through the launcher.
    1.2.5 Removal of all "ghost entities". Changelog entry read: "Removed all ghost entities under the command of Lord Herobrine".
    1.3.1 No reasons for the entry/Toying with the community.
    1.4.2 No reasons for the entry/Toying with the community. Only noted on the Tumblr version of the changelog, viewed through the launcher.
    1.5 Pre-release No reasons for the entry/Toying with the community.
    http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Herobrine#Changelogs

Xbox Changelogs

In the July Xbox update, Herobrine was removed from the Xbox version of Minecraft for the first time. It is very likely that developers behind the Xbox version will continue this long-running inside joke.
    Xbox 360

On the Xbox 360, Herobrine is mentioned on one of the splash messages.[Screenshot Needed]
    Herobrine is part of a skin pack, released on the Xbox360.[Screenshot Needed]
    Because of this skin addition, "sightings" have risen drastically. However, all Herobrines on the Xbox are simply players, using the Herobrine skin. Herobrine then made another appearance in the 3rd skin pack for the Xbox version, where a "Zombie Herobrine" skin is available.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Herobrine#Xbox_Changelogs

Also, I hate Herobrine threads....
    The joke has been beaten much more than any other dead horse in history...
    penfoldex and PandasEatRamen like this.
  14. Jokes like these and the" ZOMG EYEKAR IZ RUINING ECONOMEEE!!!!111!1!!11" always get my:
    but I have one that's filled in. I haven't seen many in a while since I started posting those lol.
    Twitch1 likes this.
  15. Oh I see you edited that and now isntead of "Herobrine instigators" you just hate the threads in general. I'm sorry you hate it, it's new and fun for me, and seems like it also is for Minecraft devs if they still use it to toy with the community.

You don't have to participate on the thread or read it at all if you don't want to, I supposed there would be people tired of it and so I put [Herobrine] very clear in the title in order to have only people interested read it. Can't do anything else to avoid bothering someone who doesn't like it, sorry about that.
  16. Who is BEN? :/
    jtc0999 likes this.
  17. You didn't upset me, as I see you are coming from a position of humor. The ones I hate are the ones who try to insist against all proof that it is real and everyone else is confused.

To me the joke is dead and no longer entertaining.
    I did not intend to say instigators, after reading it I realized my error in word choice. I chose to reword it so as to not offend you, as I realize it is new to you. It is the ones that proclaim fact based on fiction that make my skin crawl. :)
    Lasluin likes this.
  18. Warning explicit content ahead.
    BEN
    SoulPunisher and Lasluin like this.
  19. I was not sure about it, the rewording was what confused me, actually, as I has taken it exactly as you meant it before editing xD oh well, written communication issues, everything clear now, thanks for taking the time to explain that. I would probably feel the same about an old joke being pushed beyond funny.
    Twitch1 likes this.
  20. That was weird :confused: