[Hiring] Miners (~8k/hr)

Discussion in 'Player Jobs Available' started by azoundria, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Ok, thank you for the reply, I will see what I can do. (I will more than likely stick with selling to your low-supply shops)
  2. Just finished another map update! And I also made it so you can mouse over a tunnel to see who did all the hard work of mining it!
  3. For everyone on the edge, I just joined and made 7,545 on my first day! Azoundria even trained me and gave me super helpful tips, the mine is very organized and you get all the supplies you need. I couldn't stop going back my first day :)
    So, thanks azoundria for getting me hooked ;)
    purplebook163 and Gawadrolt like this.
  4. Based on the feedback from our recent survey, I have decided to run a promotion.

The mining streak measure how many weeks in a row you mine. Every week that you do mining, your streak goes up by 1. You only have to do a single run each week to get the streak.

Any week you don't do any mining, the streak drops by 1 until it hits 0.

Streaks are displayed on the highscore list and you can cash in your streak for cool and useful prizes. Here are the prizes you can get (in addition to your normal mining payout):

4 Weeks
    Efficiency 4 Pickaxe

7 Weeks
    Mending Enchanted Book
    Efficiency 4 Unbreaking 3 Pickaxe

8 Weeks
    Enchanted Golden Apple

9 Weeks
    Efficiency 4 Fortune 3 Pickaxe
    Efficiency 4 Silk Touch Pickaxe

10 Weeks
    Parrot Egg

12 Weeks
    Efficiency 4 Unbreaking 3 Fortune 3 Pickaxe
    Efficiency 4 Unbreaking 3 Silk Touch Pickaxe

25 Weeks
    Beacon

30 Weeks
    Elytra
    Vault Voucher

70 Weeks
    Holiday Pickaxe

100 Weeks
    Mineral Mincer

There are two streak values. Your visible streak is the total streak you have accumulated, which gets displayed on the highscore list.

Your cashable streak is the streak you haven't yet spent towards any prizes. If you claim a prize, then the cashable streak will drop by that amount. You can only claim one prize for each of your streaks.

Both streak values increase when you mine and drop when you don't. Neither value can ever drop below 0.

Here's an example in case this confuses anyone. If you mined for 100 weeks in a row and didn't claim any other prizes, you could cash in for a Mineral Mincer. At that point, your visible streak (displayed on the highscore list) would still be 100, while your cashable streak (what you can use for prizes) would be set back to 0. If you then wanted an Elytra, you could mine for 30 more weeks. At that point, your visible streak would be 130 and your cashable streak would drop from 30 to 0.

The weeks switch over on Monday morning at 2 AM EMC time. Anyone who mines before then or has mined so far this week will count towards the streak for this week (ie if you mine this weekend you will be 1 week ahead of anyone who waits until Monday.)

Streaks will be tracked and displayed on the highscore chart as soon as I set that up, and I am hoping to send them out each week as well for any active miners.

You can order prizes by sending me a PM on the forums. Expect that it might take up to a week for me to process prizes.
    purplebook163 and Gawadrolt like this.
  5. Miner Application
    --Basics--
    Username: Black_Knight43
    Days On EMC: <7
    Primary SMP: SMP7

--Equipment--
    What pickaxes do you have already? Iron and stone. Willing to make diamond.
    What armour do you have already? Basic starter armour

--Comprehension--
    What mod do we use to speed up mining? AutoSwitch
    What are the 3 Ls for passages above? Level, Lit and Lava Free
    What is the deposit to start mining and what does it cover? 14000r. Almost all tools, all armour and all food. And to insure that we don't grief the mine.
    How many blocks between each hall with chests? 250 blocks
    What do you do with mined goods? Put it in a minecart and submit a report before continuing on
    What do you have to worry about when filling in holes after mining ores? To make sure that it is level for passage, No pits that miners can fall into, and no dark areas for mobs to spawn. Must be filled in with Dirt or Cobble.

--Experience--
    What ores can you expect to find in a mine? Depending on the level, coal, iron, gold, emerald and diamond.
    How can you quickly neutralize a pool of lava? A bucket of water.
    What can you do to quickly mine through the top layer of obsidian? Make sure that water is flowing over it.
    What should you do if you fall into a pool of lava? Pour a bucket of water so that you don't stay on fire and the lava around you turns into obsidian which you can get onto.
    What should you do in a situation where you are swarmed with mobs and almost dead? Run enough ahead to put up a door or teleport if possible.
    What should be done before mining diamonds? Mine all around them to insure that they won't fall into an abyss or lava.
    Should you ever mine the block above/below you? Never! You don't know what's above or below.

--Availability--
    What is the nearest major city to you? (Or what is your IANA timezone from this list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones.). Edmonton
    When are you available for training? (Give a few possible times.). Fairly free, Weekdays (except for Friday) from 8am mountain time to 2pm mountain time.
    How often do you expect to be mining each week? (For planning purposes, there's no required level of activity.). At least maybe an hour a weekday.
    Do you any specific financial goal? Not really, would be nice to earn enough to buy a support voucher
    Is there anything you hope to get out of using the mine specifically? More experience and money, tbh. And maybe a few friends.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  6. Username: Belac555
    Days On EMC: 624
    Primary SMP: SMP2

--Equipment--
    What pickaxes do you have already? Diamond
    What armour do you have already? Iron

--Comprehension--
    What mod do we use to speed up mining?AutoSwitch
    What are the 3 Ls for passages above?Lighted, level, and lava free
    What is the deposit to start mining and what does it cover?The 12k covers pickaxes, and is used in case someone comes to grief the mine
    How many blocks between each hall with chests?250 metres
    What do you do with mined goods?Put them in a chest and report it to you
    What do you have to worry about when filling in holes after mining ores?Mob spawns, pit traps, and pits that can slow movement

--Experience--
    What ores can you expect to find in a mine?cole, redstone, diamond, emeralds, iron, gold, lapis lazuli
    How can you quickly neutralize a pool of lava?with a bucket of water
    What can you do to quickly mine through the top layer of obsidian?Make sure there is water over the block you're mining
    What should you do if you fall into a pool of lava? Drink a fire resistance potion
    What should you do in a situation where you are swarmed with mobs and almost dead?surround yourself in cobblestone, place torches and regenerate health
    What should be done before mining diamonds?make sure your using a diamond, iron or gold pick and check a block near it that you can mine for lava
    Should you ever mine the block above/below you? never

--Availability--
    When are you available for training? (Give a few possible times.) early morning and late night
    How often do you expect to be mining each week? (For planning purposes, there's no required level of activity.) 3-4 days a week
    Do you any specific financial goal? yes mine at least 1000 blocks
    Is there anything you hope to get out of using the mine specifically?emeralds
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  7. Miner Application
    --Basics--
    Username: SchlonkeyKong
    Days On EMC: About a week
    Primary SMP: SMP1

--Equipment--
    What pickaxes do you have already? UB3/E3/L3 x2
    What armour do you have already? Standard diamond

--Comprehension--
    What mod do we use to speed up mining? Autoswitch
    What are the 3 Ls for passages above? lighted, level, free of lava
    What is the deposit to start mining and what does it cover? 14k - covers tools and griefing insurance
    How many blocks between each hall with chests? 250m
    What do you do with mined goods? minecart and report
    What do you have to worry about when filling in holes after mining ores? getting rid of dark areas, filling in gaps, keeping miners from falling

--Experience--
    What ores can you expect to find in a mine? Diamond, gold, iron, coal, redstone, emeralds, lapis.
    How can you quickly neutralize a pool of lava? water, dirt and/or gravel
    What can you do to quickly mine through the top layer of obsidian? flood it
    What should you do if you fall into a pool of lava? firstly, you shouldn't fall in lava...that stuff's hot. but if you do, fire res pots and swimming/building your way out a nearby water source
    What should you do in a situation where you are swarmed with mobs and almost dead? wall up or toes up.
    What should be done before mining diamonds? get yer good pick out
    Should you ever mine the block above/below you? only if you want to be covered in lava

--Availability--
    What is the nearest major city to you? Central time
    When are you available for training? All day any day. I'm currently home with a new puppy so my month is open.
    How often do you expect to be mining each week? 60 hours give or take
    Do you any specific financial goal? Not yet
    Is there anything you hope to get out of using the mine specifically? killing boredom and making cash
    Gawadrolt and CallumDAKing like this.
  8. Monthly highscores are online. Already just started February and we have massive mining going on!

Top Miners February
    SchlonkeyKong - 70483.1150r
    PopTart_Flavored - 17593.1670r
    Decoy254 - 13517.1990r
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  9. Let's not forget, I've only been active for 2 days. Bring it, miners!
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  10. I assume this is where we post the app? Why have I not heard of this sooner...

Miner Application
    --Basics--
    Username: Sadie_dog
    Days On EMC: 375
    Primary SMP: SMP8

--Equipment--
    Highly enchanted, I know Eff 5 and unbreaking 3, definitely, not for sure of the rest of their enchants, diamond.
    Voter boots (soon the next piece too!), diamond enchanted helm, chestplate, and leggings but i don't remember their enchants

--Comprehension--
    AutoSwitch
    Lit, lava-free, level
    14K, everything
    250 meters
    Put in a minecart, file a report
    make sure it is level and lit.

--Experience--
    Coal, iron (c and i are most frequent), gold, redstone, and diamond below a set y level each, rarely and only in extreme hills can emeralds be found
    Water.
    Use a eff 5 diamond pick with water to prevent lava death
    Hope you have fire res, if you don't, try to get out and douse in water. *if you can't do either, just apologize as you burn to death.*
    Either log off and holler for help if you can't do this: (or) place blocks around you or if faster dig down and hide
    Check for lava.
    Only if you are getting an ore but if going down, be wary of lava, if up, place a torch on the block below you.

--Availability--
    I went diggin for a while, I gave up, so this line I would say "Chicago- Central (most areas)"
    My schedule is a bit whacko but I intend to be out there at least on Saturdays, sometimes throughout the week if I have time- I like to come on when I need stress relief...
    (i answered this line ^^)
    Nope
    Nope, just stress relief if that counts.
    Gawadrolt and Tuqueque like this.
  11. Miner application
    --Basics--
    username: dryicehydra
    days on smp: 108
    primary smp: smp6

-equipment
    loot 3 pick, unbreaking 3, fortune, mending and efficiency 5. silk touch, unbreaking 3, efficiency 5 and mending
    Haste 2 beacon and good gear

comprehensions
    lit, lava free, level

experiences: can mine a dc of obsidian and a dc of quartz block

availability
    when ever i can
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  12. Welcome Sadie_dog. A reminder to new applicants that the application must be filled out completely. It shouldn't take that long, and the training goes a lot faster if you know your stuff already.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  13. oh no, we got two more "crack" miners that are coming for my spot and poptart is back at it as well. *grabs pick* Time to mine! ... well, I did one day anyways lol. got about 17k. Tomorrow I might be able to keep up with the others but im gimped on sundays. Kong and Decoy are gonna make me work to keep my spot and I am not gonna just roll over and let em take it, you want it, come get it :D

Edit: azoundria you will probably need to get together a team to help expand the mine if the 4 of us are going at this thing... along with all the new miners
  14. Miner Application
    --Basics--
    Username: CinemaSins
    Days On EMC: 219
    Primary SMP: SMP2

--Equipment--
    What pickaxes do you have already? Eff5,Unb3,Mending,Silk
    What armour do you have already? I don't have very good armor, but I can get some/

--Comprehension--
    What are the 3 Ls for passages above? Level, lit and lava-free
    What is the deposit to start mining and what does it cover? 14k rupees and it covers everything
    How many blocks between each hall with chests? 250 blocks
    What do you do with mined goods? Deposit in a minecart and file a report
    What do you have to worry about when filling in holes after mining ores? Level and lit

--Experience--
    What ores can you expect to find in a mine? Mostly coal and iron, but lapis, gold, diamond and emeralds can be found rarely in some spots.
    How can you quickly neutralize a pool of lava? Place blocks where the source is
    What can you do to quickly mine through the top layer of obsidian? Eff5 pick
    What should you do if you fall into a pool of lava? Place water down, at least you'll have obsidian now... or have fire res on your armor
    What should you do in a situation where you are swarmed with mobs and almost dead? Nerd-pole up
    What should be done before mining diamonds? Make sure there's no lava around it
    Should you ever mine the block above/below you? NO

--Availability--
    What is the nearest major city to you? Same time zone as New York, New York
    When are you available for training? (Give a few possible times.) Usually Wed-Fri, around 5pm to 9pm
    How often do you expect to be mining each week? (For planning purposes, there's no required level of activity.) A few hours, at the minimal.
    Do you any specific financial goal? The only goal I really have is to get my alt Diamond Supporter... so maybe 300k-ish
    Is there anything you hope to get out of using the mine specifically? Experience with mining
  15. So, can I go ahead and start mining out to expand the mines? I don't think I am going to help put more stations in, don't really have the time to help with that but we are going to need more room fast lol.

Also, while expanding the mines before I told you that with that set up the carts were clogging. test the carts in the mine and you will be able to figure out relatively quickly what is wrong with them, I forget what it was but I do remember they were stopping like one block short of a powered rail shortly after they were sent.
  16. Is anyone else having issues with the mine report site? I asked weeh to check for me, but he's seeing no items as well, and I kinda started mining and I kinda have an inv full of junk.
  17. yes, it is not working. I reported the problem to azoundria a couple of days ago and he seems unable to reproduce the problem. I won't have access to a computer for about 3 weeks so I am probably not going to be much help with this issue.
  18. That's strange. It shut down a couple days ago, since then it's not worked right for me. I got it to work, so I went to mine, but then it just won't show any items on the list. After I already mined. I sent him a screenshot.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  19. The site is back online. A key script was IP-restricted to be visible to me only. Oddly, testing Ctrl + Refresh on that page also worked. However, at the moment I have reproduced and fixed the issue.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  20. Miner Application
    --Basics--
    Username: CDuck1D
    Days On EMC: 1211
    Primary SMP: smp2

--Equipment--
    What pickaxes do you have already? Voters Pickaxe and Eff 5 Unbreaking 3 and Fortune 3 Diamond Pickaxe
    What armour do you have already? Full Enchanted Protection 4, unbreaking 3

--Comprehension--
    What are the 3 Ls for passages above? Lighted, Level, and Lava Free
    What is the deposit to start mining and what does it cover? 14k rupees, covers everything
    How many blocks between each hall with chests? 250 blocks/meters
    What do you do with mined goods? Put goods in a minecart and report to you
    What do you have to worry about when filling in holes after mining ores? Players trying to get back to their stuff have to try to jump out. Also filling in holes make sure that transportation is quick.

--Experience--
    What ores can you expect to find in a mine? Least to Greatest: coal, iron, lapis, gold, diamond, emerald, obsidian
    How can you quickly neutralize a pool of lava? Use a water_bucket and pour it over
    What can you do to quickly mine through the top layer of obsidian? Have a water bucket over the obsidian block so that the lava block below the obsidian turns into obsidian.
    What should you do if you fall into a pool of lava? Drink a fire resistence potion. Get out of the lava pool and dunk water on yourself.
    What should you do in a situation where you are swarmed with mobs and almost dead? Block yourself in a safe place and regenerate by eatting a golden apple or regular food item.
    What should be done before mining diamonds? Make sure there is no place where the diamonds could fall like into lava
    Should you ever mine the block above/below you? No

--Availability--
    What is the nearest major city to you? San Francisco
    When are you available for training? (Give a few possible times.) Weekends: Can't really be determined, sometimes I am busy, sometimes not.
    How often do you expect to be mining each week? (For planning purposes, there's no required level of activity.) About maybe 2hr a week.
    Do you any specific financial goal? No
    Is there anything you hope to get out of using the mine specifically? Have fun / do something in free time.

Edit: When should I pay the deposit?
    Gawadrolt likes this.