[Hiring] Miners (~8k/hr)

Discussion in 'Player Jobs Available' started by azoundria, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Got almost 10k in 3 runs :D
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  2. erm. Hasin issues again. I have a many day old run stuck here...
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  3. Same here.
    EDIT: Going to the direct link for the mining calculator still works, http://azoundria.com/emc/mine/submit.php
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  4. Too late, already sent a manual report and I'm again busy.
    I'll get the auto done in a little bit.
    (when it works: busy. When it breaks: got a minute)
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  5. Havent been around last week and wont this week either but I will be back mining and expanding the mine next week. There are a lot of portals that need to be set up in the nether which means a lot of obsidian going into the infrastructure of the mine.

... I hate obsidian.

You all have fun :)

Edit: Kong has only been mining for a short time and has got over 66% of my total rupees earned. If anyone wants that number one spot on the highscores, it is definitely attainable.
    jossytheninja likes this.
  6. Well...
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  7. Hm- 30K, when my rounds are usually dry as all get out? But then again, Kong was at 100s once before....
    Idk I'm actually wanting to strive for the hundreds within the next month :p
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  8. When I get back, I can show you all a technique that usually gets me about 10-11k an hour. If you are familiar its a "windowing" technique for lack of a better term. Each run takes longer but you are much more likely to hit the money making diamonds. Before I left I hit a record five veins in one report :) I will see if I can find a youtube vid that explains it.

Found it:

https://youtu.be/lXVo_Q6ZozE

With this technique I mine the 10,20,30,etc tunnels this way and then just run straight down the 5,15,25, etc tunnels quickly and usually get very little for the middle runs that I run straight through.
    OriginalScuf likes this.
  9. Huh, I'm going to start doing this. Thanks for the tip!
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  10. However, our tunnels are not 11 blocks apart.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  11. Leaving this here as a reminder for myself to check back later
    Gawadrolt likes this.

12. Nope, they are 5 and thats why I said I only do it down every other tunnel and run straight through the one inbetween. I run the middle one straight through after I have run the ones on the sides and it takes hardly any time at all. Usually end up with only like 5 or 6 stacks of blocks from the middle one because you arent hitting hardly any veins and 1/6th of the blocks are already mined anyways and it keeps all the tunnels neatly done :)
  13. Ok I've done my tests...
    Doing both side pokeholes improved my diamond rate...
    2 side pokehole - average of 17 dia ore a run (woo)
    1 side - average of 5 a run
    none- little to none. (more often none)

And I did fifteen runs of all three.... so sad there's hardly room here...
    When we do expansion, is it possible to set up room for these people XD
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  14. If you go to the 14750 or 15000 hallway, there is LOTS of room(last time I checked) there just isnt nether side portals, which I plan on fixing starting tuesday
  15. I think the mines are definitely due for an expansion if anyone wants to help. I've fallen behind on the reports/carts but the stations have been restocked largely and I should have more time this weekend. There are still quite a few places to mine on the map at least. Let me know the specifics if anything on the map is inaccurate.

Digging out the halls at the end is most likely something that anyone can do. Building the stations and rails requires a lot more care and attention. One idea is to put together a guide on hallway building which will have all the specifications to assist with this. If the rail is not done right, it causes carts to jam and/or glitch.

It is also possible to build a west wing of the mines devoted to this type of poke mining. I think it would just double the spacing of the tunnels. It might actually be simpler to explain from a coordinate standpoint. It occurs to me that you may run out of inventory space faster normally with this method, so we might want the halls spaced closer together.
    Gawadrolt and jacob5089 like this.
  16. I wonder if it would be practical to have minecarts with bud sensors set up at the end of hallways. When your inventory gets full, you throw the cobble in a chest minecart and when it's full it transports it to an auto smelter where it's all smelted to be auctioned off
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  17. The carts are going to jam anyways. After my initial suspicion I didnt bother to look into it but the chunks in which the carts are in have to be loaded for them to make it to the end of the rail. If no one chases the minecart or otherwise loads the chunk, they will stop anyways.
    jacob5089 likes this.
  18. We already have a system for smelting of cobblestone, iron, and gold, which is instant, simple, grants the XP, doesn't break down, and poses no risks to anything else. I pay extra for stone.

I can't expect you to know how any systems works, however an important step is that the material in the carts is generally validated to provide some level of protection against people claiming they mined 10 stacks of diamond ores and 5 stacks of emerald ores. (Or more commonly, innocent typos.) The automated smelter system you propose would turn the items in that minecart, supposing it existed, into 10 stacks of diamonds and 5 stacks of emeralds, which would then be stuck in the same large chest storage as everything else which everyone else mined, providing absolutely no practical way for me to validate the legitimacy of that very unlikely cart load.

If the carts stop, it's not a big deal. They can be pushed along later. The cart track is designed so that any new cart can start momentum to push other carts along and slowly clear them out and full carts will generally accelerate if in loaded chunks. I did a lot of tests with different designs and powered rail placements to come up with the optimal track. Temporary cart stoppages are not something I'm too worried about.

On the other hand, if carts land on top of other carts, they create cart creatures that live and breathe and have minds of their own. Sometimes those minds want to go the right way along the track, and othertimes they decide to go the other way. In one instance, after breaking and replacing the track below it, a cart creature decided that it wanted to travel downward through the rail track, stone, bedrock, and into the void. This was in the same hall I was talking about being incorrectly constructed and the only difference was one extra rail in each station.

So thus, in the interests of getting material to the storage room eventually, and ensuring that I don't lose tens of thousands of rupees to the void, the track needs to be constructed so that there aren't hide-away areas where carts can sit directly below the loading areas and never leave, waiting to be built into glitchier and glitchier cart creatures.
    Gawadrolt and jacob5089 like this.
  19. Azoundria, to the "emeralds and dias get smelted issue"
    Item sorter of cobble, iron ore, and gold ore.
    Problem solved?
    But there'd still be issues, I suppose.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  20. The thing with it all though, sadie is that azoundria already has a system in place that works for the mine the way it is designed. There is no need for an automatic smelter.