[Hiring] Miners (~8k/hr)

Discussion in 'Player Jobs Available' started by azoundria, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Miner Application
    --Basics--
    Username: Tyron87
    Days On EMC: 16
    Primary SMP: 9

--Equipment--
    What pickaxes do you have already? Diamond Efficiency V Unbreaking III Silk touch
    Diamond Efficiency V Unbreaking III Fortune III

What armour do you have already? Diamond

--Comprehension--
    What mod do we use to speed up mining? AutoSwitch
    What are the 3 Ls for passages above? Lit Level Lava free
    What is the deposit to start mining and what does it cover? 14k for training, maintenance and supplies.
    How many blocks between each hall with chests? 250
    What do you do with mined goods? put it in a minecart chest and report it
    What do you have to worry about when filling in holes after mining ores? Keeping it Lit, Level and lava free, making sure its done thoroughly and quickly.
    --Experience--
    What ores can you expect to find in a mine? Diamond, Lapis Emerald Redstone Gold Iron Coal
    How can you quickly neutralize a pool of lava? Empty a bucket of water onto it
    What can you do to quickly mine through the top layer of obsidian? Using an efficient pick along with water
    What should you do if you fall into a pool of lava? Fire resistance and water bucket
    What should you do in a situation where you are swarmed with mobs and almost dead? Drop a bucket of water and pull out a shield and bow/log off
    What should be done before mining diamonds? Clear out surrounding blocks in case of lava
    Should you ever mine the block above/below you? No.

--Availability--
    What is the nearest major city to you? Canada B.C. Vancouver
    When are you available for training? Anytime this week, hopefully soon. :)
    How often do you expect to be mining each week? 5-7 days a week
    Do you any specific financial goal? Enough so that I can build my residence the way I want to
    Is there anything you hope to get out of using the mine specifically? I'm looking to gain experience, get onto the leader-boards (I was talking to Gawadrolt earlier today and mentioned to him I was thinking about joining this) Become more efficient, and $ of course.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  2. Miner Application
    --Basics--
    Username: Carbonyx
    Days On EMC: 321
    Primary SMP: Smp5

--Equipment--
    What pickaxes do you have already?-God Diamond Pickaxe
    What armour do you have already?-God Diamond Armor

--Comprehension--
    What mod do we use to speed up mining?-AutoSwitch
    What are the 3 Ls for passages above?-lava free, level, lit
    What is the deposit to start mining and what does it cover?-14k, everything
    How many blocks between each hall with chests?-250
    What do you do with mined goods?-put them in a minecart and make a report
    What do you have to worry about when filling in holes after mining ores?

--Experience--
    What ores can you expect to find in a mine?-iron, gold, redstone, lapis, diamond
    How can you quickly neutralize a pool of lava?-a bucket of water
    What can you do to quickly mine through the top layer of obsidian?-eff 5 pickaxe
    What should you do if you fall into a pool of lava?-fire resist potions
    What should you do in a situation where you are swarmed with mobs and almost dead?-back away quickly and use a bow
    What should be done before mining diamonds?- clear blocks above and below to check for lava
    Should you ever mine the block above/below you?-never

--Availability--
    What is the nearest major city to you? (Or what is your IANA timezone from this list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones.)-Dallas
    When are you available for training? (Give a few possible times.)-Anytime starting this week
    How often do you expect to be mining each week? (For planning purposes, there's no required level of activity.)-5 hours
    Do you any specific financial goal?-1 million
    Is there anything you hope to get out of using the mine specifically?-A place to hone mining skills and making money
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  3. Welcome to the team Tyron! Hope to be welcoming you as well soon Carbonyx.
    Tyron87 likes this.
  4. There is a LOT going on in the mines right now. Take this as a nice primetime Sunday bump but I do have news :D

The mines have been expanded a great deal. We have started implementing a new rail system that will make azoundrias life a LITTLE easier, I think he expected more from the new minecart collection system but eh, it is still better. Three of the hallways have been expanded to about, or more than, double their size so we have plenty of room for new miners to mine.

We have also had three miners very active in the mines this past week:

Azoundria updated a lot of the pricing not too long ago so there is plenty to be earned in the mines :D also, the new hallways are generating some of the 1.8 stone blocks(diorite, andesite and granite) these are the west most hallways but I am still working on stocking the stations so if you do go there make sure to bring extra food, wood and iron. the stations are fully built with everything but enchanting stations.

I have been in the mines quite a bit and if you are a new or returning miner and want me to show you some pointers when I am on, just shoot me a pm in game and I would be glad to show you some of the tricks of the trade :D

purplebook163, Carbonyx and Tyron87 like this.
  5. If anyone else is looking to make lots of rupees, this weekend is a great time to join as I should have some spare time for training.
  6. I'm interested in joining. I will post the form once I can use my pc tomorrow.

Edit:
    Miner Application
    --Basics--
    Username: Kytula (will be playing ky2la for mining though)
    Days On EMC: 637
    Primary SMP: SMP1

--Equipment--
    What pickaxes do you have already? Eff. V Unb. III Fort. III Mending & Eff. V, Silk touch, Unb. III, mending
    What armour do you have already? Voters set all the way

--Comprehension--
    What mod do we use to speed up mining? auto-switch
    What are the 3 Ls for passages above? Level, Light, Lava safe
    What is the deposit to start mining and what does it cover? 14k grief protection covers everything
    What do you do with mined goods? Record, and mincart
    What do you have to worry about when filling in holes after mining ores? making sure that there's no gaps in the floor or pockets where mobs could spawn into

--Experience--
    What ores can you expect to find in a mine? Lots of Coal & Iron, Redstone, lapis, gold and diamonds.
    How can you quickly neutralize a pool of lava? Water Buckets! and a block for those lava pockets you might mine open.
    What can you do to quickly mine through the top layer of obsidian? Eff. 5 & Unb. pick with water placed
    What should you do if you fall into a pool of lava? Jump out?! oh and fire pots :p
    What should you do in a situation where you are swarmed with mobs and almost dead? Run and burrow to safety, to fight another day
    What should be done before mining diamonds? clear the blocks around it to make sure there's no chance of loosing them
    Should you ever mine the block above/below you? yes, but not directly. Don't take chances of dying, but don't leave resources.

--Availability--
    What is the nearest major city to you? (Or what is your IANA timezone from this list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones.)

US +4151-08739 America/Chicago Central (most areas) -06:00 -05:00
    When are you available for training? (Give a few possible times.) late morning during the week
    How often do you expect to be mining each week? (For planning purposes, there's no required level of activity.) late morning during the week, can't say for sure how many days I have available, but for sure at least 1 every week.
    Do you any specific financial goal? to make enough to buy a a derelict protection voucher.
    Is there anything you hope to get out of using the mine specifically? a set place to mine and destress, and rupees of course :p
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  7. Miner Application
    --Basics--
    Username: Bunjimon348
    Days On EMC: 149 - may seem short, but ive done a lot of stuff
    Primary SMP: SMP5

--Equipment--
    What pickaxes do you have already?
    Eff 5, silk, unbreaing 3, silk/Fortune 3, mending and a lot of them
    What armour do you have already?
    Diamond Armor with pretty much every enchant possible

--Comprehension--
    What mod do we use to speed up mining?
    Now heres where the problem is, I have never been able to get mods to work on my laptop, and honestly i would be more comfortable not using them, if this is a major issue, i will try and install it, but id rather not, if this means a reduction to my pay, i am also okay with that
    What are the 3 Ls for passages above?
    level, lit and lava free
    What is the deposit to start mining and what does it cover?
    14k and possible losses if someone dies or ditches
    How many blocks between each hall with chests?
    What do you do with mined goods?
    put it in a minecart chest and file a report then send it off
    leaving dark spots or not being able to recover gear if death occours

--Experience--
    What ores can you expect to find in a mine?
    diamond, gold, redstone, lapis, iron, coal and emerald in extreme hills
    How can you quickly neutralize a pool of lava?
    Water Bucket
    What can you do to quickly mine through the top layer of obsidian?
    eff 5 pick and water bucket above
    What should you do if you fall into a pool of lava?
    fire res potion
    What should you do in a situation where you are swarmed with mobs and almost dead?
    block yourself in or drink health potion
    What should be done before mining diamonds?
    dig out the area around them to prevent losses to unknown elements
    Should you ever mine the block above/below you?
    no

--Availability--
    What is the nearest major city to you? (Or what is your IANA timezone from this listhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones.)
    New York city, i am on the east coast, which is also EMC time
    When are you available for training? (Give a few possible times.)
    this upcoming monday would be the best, but i will pm you when im gonna be on for a bit
    How often do you expect to be mining each week? (For planning purposes, there's no required level of activity.)
    as of this submission i am very busy during the week, and will be on somewhere from 3-10 hours a week, i know thats quite a range but i will get better as the year goes on
    Do you any specific financial goal?
    nah just looking for something to do, havent had much to do as of late, this seems like a good group to get into.
    Is there anything you hope to get out of using the mine specifically?
    get to know some people and make some rupees

I really hope to be able to join you, even if i dont meet all the specifications, please pm me for any concerns
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  8. Miner Application
    --Basics--
    Username: CocoInAction
    Days On EMC: 757 :)
    Primary SMP: smp7

--Equipment--
    What pickaxes do you have already? A diamond pic with enchants
    What armour do you have already? None good

--Comprehension--
    What mod do we use to speed up mining? Autoswitch I'd rather not use a mod :)
    What are the 3 Ls for passages above? Light, lava free, and level
    What is the deposit to start mining and what does it cover? 12k, 3 picaxes
    How many blocks between each hall with chests? 250 meters
    What do you do with mined goods? When your inventory is full, Send it on a mincart
    What do you have to worry about when filling in holes after mining ores? Must be lighted well and lava and water free

--Experience--
    What ores can you expect to find in a mine? Coal, iron, gold, redstone, lapiz ( it's not an ore ) , And Diamond
    How can you quickly neutralize a pool of lava? Build a layer of cobble stone on it
    What can you do to quickly mine through the top layer of obsidian? Use a mod?
    What should you do if you fall into a pool of lava? switch smps and then tell somebody to cover to pool of lava or bring water
    What should you do in a situation where you are swarmed with mobs and almost dead? switch smps once again
    What should be done before mining diamonds? ????
    Should you ever mine the block above/below you? No, unless there is an ore :)

--Availability--
    What is the nearest major city to you? (Or what is your IANA timezone from this I'm list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones.) I'm emc time :)
    When are you available for training? (Give a few possible times.) I'm available all weekend and 6:00 emc time on weekdays
    How often do you expect to be mining each week? (For planning purposes, there's no required level of activity.) 7 hours
    Do you any specific financial goal? Not really, Just wanna make money :)
    Is there anything you hope to get out of using the mine specifically? Money :D
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  9. Oh! I have a voting helmet and voting boots :)
  10. Miner Application
    --Basics--
    Username: Teenyy
    Days On EMC: 158 days, but I played before on my brother's account KingUltimateX which is 1800 days old
    Primary SMP: smp9

--Equipment--
    What pickaxes do you have already? Enchanted diamond picks of all sorts, I mainly use my efficiency IV unbreaking III, Silk touch Efficiency IV Unbreaking III Mending, and Fortune III Unbreaking III Efficiency IV and Mending picks, which I hope to make all efficiency V
    What armour do you have already? Full Prot IV Unbreaking III Mending Diamond armor, and an Unbreaking III shield

--Comprehension--
    What mod do we use to speed up mining? Autoswitch
    What are the 3 Ls for passages above? Lit level and lavafree
    What is the deposit to start mining and what does it cover? 14k r for training, maintaining the mines, providing supplies, and to mitigate theft/damage
    What do you do with mined goods? Stash it in a minecart and submit a report
    What do you have to worry about when filling in holes after mining ores? Make sure everything is level and lit up (no pits)

--Experience--
    What ores can you expect to find in a mine? Emerald (in certain biomes), diamond, redstone, lapis lazuli, iron, gold, and coal
    How can you quickly neutralize a pool of lava? Pour a bucket of water and mine the obsidian
    What can you do to quickly mine through the top layer of obsidian? Place water next to or above the obsidian and mine it, the water will quickly make the lower lava into more obsidian
    What should you do if you fall into a pool of lava? Drink a fire resistance potion or place water to swim out/extinguish yourself, being careful to float to the top of the lava so you don't get trapped under obsidian. mining a platform before placing water is safer as well. If needed, then switch smps or disconnect from the server and request help for someone to remove all of the lava.
    What should you do in a situation where you are swarmed with mobs and almost dead? Block yourself in if possible. If not, disconnect or switch smps and request help. Drink a health pot or eat golden apples if on hand
    What should be done before mining diamonds? Dig around the ore vein to make sure there is no lava which may burn the diamonds
    Should you ever mine the block above/below you? No, always make a platform or step away incase of an accident/surprise

--Availability--
    What is the nearest major city to you? (Or what is your IANA timezone from this list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones.) I believe New York City. I run on emc time
    When are you available for training? (Give a few possible times.) this coming thursday and friday almost any time
    How often do you expect to be mining each week? (For planning purposes, there's no required level of activity.) I'm off from school for the time being, so I'd expect 10+ hours per week, but I am also going on many vacations so during that time I won't be online
    Do you any specific financial goal? I would like to reach a 1 million r balance
    Is there anything you hope to get out of using the mine specifically? Money and friends, and possibly a sense of worth/achievement while playing minecraft :)
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  11. Thanks to our two new miner applicants!

I thought the mines might have lost their value with shulker shells, but it still takes a long time to find shops and do the selling/negotiation and you still need to take at least one trip back/forth. Plus I'm hoping to build up a great community out here in the mines. I think it would be awesome if we could always have someone mining.

If anyone has any ideas to improve the mines at all don't hesitate to let me know.
    purplebook163 and Gawadrolt like this.
  12. Miner Application
    --Basics--
    Username: BlitzAttack
    Days On EMC: 730~
    Primary SMP: SMP3

--Equipment--
    What pickaxes do you have already?

I have an average Diamond Pickaxe with low level enchantments

What armour do you have already?

A full set of Iron Armour

--Comprehension--
    What mod do we use to speed up mining?

AutoSwitch

What are the 3 Ls for passages above?

Lighted, Level and Lava- Free

What is the deposit to start mining and what does it cover?

14k covers any losses from thieves and the pickaxe

How many blocks between each hall with chests?

What do you do with mined goods?

Place them into a minecart and submit a online report(must be accurate)

Not pits, level, and lit

--Experience--
    What ores can you expect to find in a mine?

Depends om the level the mine is situated in. 16y or below is best for diamonds while 2 - 58 is the best for iron.
    Again it depends.

How can you quickly neutralize a pool of lava?

With water, quite quickly, using bricks is possible but slower.

What can you do to quickly mine through the top layer of obsidian?

Make sure there is water above where you are mining.

What should you do if you fall into a pool of lava?

If possible, get to land and place water to jump into so that the flames die off.

What should you do in a situation where you are swarmed with mobs and almost dead?

If possible put some distance between you and them and then block them off with some blocks. Recover health and attempt to get back to safety.

What should be done before mining diamonds?

Mine around it to make sure no lava is present.

Should you ever mine the block above/below you?

No, unless you are not directly under or above the block you are mining.

--Availability--
    What is the nearest major city to you?

Chicago/Minneapolis

When are you available for training? (Give a few possible times.)

7:00pm to 9:00pm

How often do you expect to be mining each week? (For planning purposes, there's no required level of activity.)

Depends on how busy I am, but most of the time 6:00pm - 9:00pm

Do you any specific financial goal?

No

Is there anything you hope to get out of using the mine specifically?

More efficiency which would mean more successful mining sessions.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  13. Miner Application
    --Basics--
    Username: robrgo
    Days on EMC: 1837
    Primary SMP: SMP1

--Equipment--
    What pickaxes do you have already?: Eff 4, Silk, Unbr 3, Mending
    What armor do you have already?: Enchanted Diamond

--Comprehension--
    What mod do we use to speed up mining?: Autoswitch

What are the 3 Ls for the passages above?: Lit, Level and Lava-Free
    What is the deposit to start mining and what does it cover?: 14k for everything
    How many blocks between each hall with chests?: 250 Meters
    What do you do with mined goods? Put them in a chest with a report as to what was acquired
    What do you have to worry about when filling in holes after mining ores?: Mob spawns and hazards for others

--Experience--
    What ores can you expect to find in a mine?: Diamonds, Lapis, Redstone, Iron, Gold, Emerald (Extreme Hills), Obsidian (Not an ore but still sellable)
    How can you quickly neutralize a pool of lava?: Water above the lava or by pool.
    What can you do to quickly mine through the top layer of obsidian?: Ensure water is above the obsidian you're mining.
    What should you do if you fall into a pool of lava? Drink fire resistance potions, get out
    What should you do ub a situation where you are swarmed with mobs and almost dead? Make a 1x1x2 around yourself or run
    What should be done before mining diamonds? Clear blocks around the ore to ensure you don't lose any.
    Should you ever mine the block above/below you? Probably not

--Availability--
    What is the nearest major city to you?: Chicago
    When are you availible for training?: Midday next week (July 10th-14th)
    How often do you expect to be mining each week?: Probably about 1-2 hours a day
    Do you have a specific financial goal? Not really
    Is there anything you hope to get out of using the mine specifically? Experience, fun, rupees.

Gawadrolt likes this.
  14. Welcome all the new miners! This is quite awesome to see.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  15. All new miners have now been trained! Thanks so much everyone!
    Gawadrolt, robrgo and Teenyy like this.
  16. I
    I want the job.
  17. Lol, there is a application below his requirements, look at other posts to see how to fill it out. Hope you can get the job and join! :)
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  18. You can find the application on the main page of this topic and either reply here or private message me. I'm looking forward to working with you!
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  19. I really wish to apply and work, but sadly, I cannot afford the initial deposit, however, if I manage to get that amount through other sources, I would be glad to help. :)
  20. Hey thanks so much for your interest!

A great way to get the initial deposit is to sell things to any of my shops. You can sell anything at all, including ores and mining stuff if you want to practice mining at the same time. Here's a handy site which tells you which items you can make the most on right now (the items I am low/out of stock on which usually means I raised the price already):
    http://www.azoundria.com/emc/stock/

Produce a bunch of those and sell to the corresponding shop on that list and you should be able to get to 14k pretty quickly. If you are close, fill out the application anyways and we can work something out. You should earn the deposit back fairly quickly so sometimes I let people pay the rest of the deposit from the first run or two.
    purplebook163 and Gawadrolt like this.