[Hiring] Miners (~8k/hr)

Discussion in 'Player Jobs Available' started by azoundria, Oct 2, 2014.

1. You should screen shot the weekly. :-P I'm at work.
  2. Thanks so much for all your hard work this week guys! I think that's over 100k of material mined in the single week! Outstanding!

Hope everyone has enjoyed the mining experience and if you have any suggestions please let me know! Always looking to improve the mines.
  3. Take my account log in information and mine for me so they don't get my high score xD
  4. Wuz rong bro, Ubn_Rushd?
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  5. Watcha afraid uf, heh?

PS: y'all really need to be more greedy, I keep running accross caverns etc which evidently have been explored before, but still hold tons of iron, coal, lapis, gold... in plain sight. :O
  6. Username: <eg. azoundria>
    Days On EMC: <eg. 765>
    Primary SMP: <eg. SMP1>

--Equipment--
    What pickaxes do you have already? 1 almost dead silk touch eff 5
    What armour do you have already? 1 diamond armor chest plate, prot 4

--Comprehension--
    What mod do we use to speed up mining? something
    What are the 3 Ls for passages above? lemon love lawn
    What is the deposit to start mining and what does it cover? lot of stuff
    How many blocks between each hall with chests? many
    What do you do with mined goods? sell them to your res
    What do you have to worry about when filling in holes after mining ores? a lot

--Experience--
    What ores can you expect to find in a mine? diamond is what I care about
    How can you quickly neutralize a pool of lava? I use water
    What can you do to quickly mine through the top layer of obsidian? i dont mine that m8
    What should you do if you fall into a pool of lava? accept defeat, also I dont fall
    What should you do in a situation where you are swarmed with mobs and almost dead? build a hut around me
    What should be done before mining diamonds? make sure you have hands attatched to your arms
    Should you ever mine the block above/below you? meh sometimes

--Availability--
    When are you available for training? (Give a few possible times.) right now
    How often do you expect to be mining each week? (For planning purposes, there's no required level of activity.) when im bored of playing other games and want money
    Do you any specific financial goal? nope
    Is there anything you hope to get out of using the mine specifically? diamond ore
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  7. I just realized it's almost UHC time and I didn't get enough humiliation the last two weeks so I'm back for more. I think it would be useful to read the post a bit (the 3 Ls, filling in holes, mods, etc...) and then meet after I'm finished that. Last time I lasted 10 minutes, but I hope I can hold on for at least an hour. To make it go a bit faster, you can have any supplies you want to bring and a minecart ready to go for when I come on.

One thing I am going to show you is how to never need to buy/repair a pickaxe again. (You can get as many as you need using the XP from mining.)
    Nuttyknight42 likes this.
  8. the main reason I want to do this is the thing that I can do to take me ores back to town easy and the free picks, im not interested really in learning stuff or doing reports and things
  9. You could definitely take the ores back to town, though I'm sure you'll make a lot more just selling them from the mines.
  10. Alright, so I've been working all yesterday, overnight, and all day today on the main hall upgrade. (All 4 kilometers of track.)

What this does is prevent the carts from getting clogged into a giant 'cart monster' that has a mind of it's own. (It's true, this 'cart monster' kept getting in the way so I routed it above the hall, and it went exploring a cave and then split up into multiple cart monsters that I spent hours breaking up and still am processing.) Carts can now only go one way, the right way, and are less likely to clog into one another. The track is also hidden from anyone who just happens to enter the mines, so they will have to know it exists and dig in order to steal mined material. What it means for miners is I can pay out more often and ultimately raise the rates.

I will post screenshots soon.

Also, pro-tip: If you get glitched into lava (which happened 3 times while making this hall, and once to a miner I was training), immediately log out and get someone to dig you out and dump water where you are. You can avoid the situation by staying back from the lava you are mining and ensuring you only mine waste level or below.
    purplebook163 and TheCrimeLime like this.
  11. Is there a way to get those pigmen to stop spawning on the tracks to the mine? Because I keep bumping into them!
  12. Yes, you can put slabs or leaves above the tracks, which I haven't been able to complete yet.

We really need to get you trained so you don't have to go back/forth to town. You can ask anyone who uses the mines - you make your money a lot faster when you take out that step.
  13. Great to hear!

Also thanks for the tip with the Lava glitch, I've been glitched below the obsidian layer twice the last week alone (thought not in the mines).
  14. I'll mine for you azoundria; )
  15. Thanks! The application is on the front page of this thread. I probably have some time to do training later today (maybe after UHC.)
  16. Mine map should now be completely up to date! I also restocked a lot of stations. It also became clear to me that many of the halls develop small problems over time and we need a system for this.

I appreciate everyone's help to upgrade the mine halls!

If you spot any of the following issues, and aren't able to fix them, please take a screenshot with coordinates and report them:
    • Broken rail track.
    • Mine walls which are not stone (for example holes in the wall or cobble, dirt, gravel, etc... placed in the wall of the mine hallways).
    • Floor missing.
    • Creeper explosion (only saw one - that's why we keep the tunnels lit!).
    • Tunnels which are not level or at the wrong coordinates. (Use dirt, don't waste cobble on this.)
    • Tunnels with holes you couldn't escape by only jumping. (If you die, you do not have a pickaxe so you could get stuck there when retrieving your items.)
    • Lava or water flowing in/near a tunnel or hallway.
    • Cart jams. (Two known at present, moved off the main track but still resolving.)
    • Any sort of griefing of any kind. For extreme griefing (> 20 blocks broken/placed or stacks of items stolen), report it directly to staff as well.
    • Chests which lack key supplies. All chests should have iron and wood, at least half a stack of iron and 4 stacks of planks.
    • Broken beds.
    • Dark tunnels. (wood for torches, and sometimes torches, are free at every station - please use them).
    You can use F2 to take screenshots (which are saved in %appdata%/Roaming/.minecraft/screenshots/) and just send them all in a PM to report multiple issues.
    purplebook163 likes this.
  17. hi do you need loads of experience to apply :p and I might not be able to do the trining in one 1hr slot because I might be disturbed wilsted*idk how to spell that lol* playing :p xD i have quite a bit of training in mining but not loads :p
  18. Miner Application
    --Basics--
    Username: crazy_X_gamer
    Days On EMC: 347
    Primary SMP: 8

--Equipment--
    What pickaxes do you have already? 2 full enchant silks
    What armour do you have already? full leather voters

--Comprehension--
    What mod do we use to speed up mining? auto switch
    What are the 3 Ls for passages above? light level lava free
    What is the deposit to start mining and what does it cover? pickaxes, and if the mine is griefed
    How many blocks between each hall with chests? 250
    What do you do with mined goods? fill them into the chest and tell you
    What do you have to worry about when filling in holes after mining ores? mobs pits and holes that make u slower

--Experience--
    What ores can you expect to find in a mine? diamond coal iron golf lapis and red stone
    How can you quickly neutralize a pool of lava? water bucket
    What can you do to quickly mine through the top layer of obsidian? put water on top of it
    What should you do if you fall into a pool of lava? place water after you splash yourself with fire res
    What should you do in a situation where you are swarmed with mobs and almost dead? place torches flee
    What should be done before mining diamonds? check for lava
    Should you ever mine the block above/below you? no

--Availability--
    When are you available for training? (Give a few possible times.)now 7 est today 10 am tomorrow
    How often do you expect to be mining each week? (For planning purposes, there's no required level of activity.) depends on activities but about 12 hours
    Do you any specific financial goal? no
    Is there anything you hope to get out of using the mine specifically? experience
  19. Well ask whoever is disturbing you when you can have an hour to do something :p And no you don't need a lot of experience since I will train you to do everything and there are other miners you can ask for help too.

Sweet ^.^ I'll be in touch.