[Hiring] Miners (~8k/hr)

Discussion in 'Player Jobs Available' started by azoundria, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Don't worry, we're pretty helpful in the Mine if you have questions.

Remind me to get working again, I finally need to hit the top of the highscore list, hnngg.
  2. Welcome to the team!
  3. Bit late lol
  4. Not happening. I will take a week off of work :-P lol
  5. Bump.

I can take on two new miners for training tonight if anyone else is interested!
  6. Miner Application
    --Basics--
    Username: ons96
    Days On EMC: 542 days since I joined, but I haven't played much until the past few weeks.
    Primary SMP: SMP5

--Equipment--
    What pickaxes do you have already? Iron pickaxe with unbreaking III, unenchanted iron pickaxe
    What armour do you have already? Starter iron armour with unbreaking III

--Comprehension--
    What mod do we use to speed up mining? Autoswitch
    What are the 3 Ls for passages above? Level, lit and lava-free
    What is the deposit to start mining and what does it cover? 14k rupees, and it covers the cost to maintain the mines and to provide all the needed supplies and materials.
    How many blocks between each hall with chests? 250
    What do you do with mined goods? Put in a chest minecart
    What do you have to worry about when filling in holes after mining ores? Make sure the holes are level, with no pits or dark areas.

--Experience--
    What ores can you expect to find in a mine? Coal, iron, lapis lazuli, gold, diamond, redstone, and possibly emerald.
    How can you quickly neutralize a pool of lava? Use water to turn it into obsidian or fill it in with blocks.
    What can you do to quickly mine through the top layer of obsidian? Put water on top of it to turn lava sources below it into obsidian.
    What should you do if you fall into a pool of lava? Drink a fire resistance potion and eat food to regenerate health.
    What should you do in a situation where you are swarmed with mobs and almost dead? Hit F3 so you know the coordinates of where you died if you do die, block yourself in a 1x1x2 box if possible, or stack up with blocks.
    What should be done before mining diamonds? Dig around them to make sure there is no lava nearby.
    Should you ever mine the block above/below you? Above you, you can if you take proper precautions in the case of falling sand, gravel or lava. You can place a sign on the wall which will break falling sand or gravel blocks and stop lava from reaching you. Below you, again, it's possible if you take precautions, but not usually recommended.

--Availability--
    When are you available for training? (Give a few possible times.) I live in EST, so in the evening for me on most days is fine.
    How often do you expect to be mining each week? (For planning purposes, there's no required level of activity.) Not sure, maybe once a week to a few times a week.
    Do you any specific financial goal? Not really.
    Is there anything you hope to get out of using the mine specifically? To make some money.
  7. Hired! Don't know how late you stay up, but I should also be available Sunday to do the training if we miss each other tonight. Let me know if there's a time that works better for you on Sunday and I'll do my best to be on for that time.
  8. Sounds like quite the operation :confused:
  9. Its freaking epic
  10. Miner Application
    --Basics--
    Username: jkrmnj
    Days On EMC: 1705
    Primary SMP: smp1&2

--Equipment--
    What pickaxes do you have already? diamond and iron voter pickax
    What armour do you have already? voters armor

--Comprehension--
    What mod do we use to speed up mining? AutoSwitch
    What are the 3 Ls for passages above? Level, Lit, and Lava-free.
    What is the deposit to start mining and what does it cover? 14k and it covers maintenance and materials (not lost picks though)
    What do you do with mined goods? put in chest and report it
    What do you have to worry about when filling in holes after mining ores? Slower movment, jumps, and dark spots created by them

--Experience--
    What ores can you expect to find in a mine? coal, iron, gold, diamond, lapiz, redstone, and emeralds
    How can you quickly neutralize a pool of lava? placing water down and/or blocks
    What can you do to quickly mine through the top layer of obsidian? Using a water current to push you along from one obsidian to the other
    What should you do if you fall into a pool of lava? fire resistance potions to prevent death followed by getting out asap. Neutralize lava if getting out is too hard.
    What should you do in a situation where you are swarmed with mobs and almost dead? Depending on the chance of survival, logging off seems like a good option giving some time for mobs to despawn or for a friend to help.
    What should be done before mining diamonds? Ensure the area around the diamonds is completely safe and won't burn in lava.
    Should you ever mine the block above/below you? No. Much better to just move a little to the side and mine it.

--Availability--
    What is the nearest major city to you? America/Denver (mountain time)
    When are you available for training? I will have time to train in the next hour or so. Tomorrow after 2 is another possibility and Monday pretty much whenever.
    How often do you expect to be mining each week? (For planning purposes, there's no required level of activity.) 5 hours or so (about an hour a day)
    Do you any specific financial goal? No.
    Is there anything you hope to get out of using the mine specifically? Not really. I am hoping to learn more about efficient mining though and have a steady income.
  11. I'm not sure why but reading this thread has inspired me to find, retake, and continue my mine in the frontier on smp5. Lol thanks I guess :p
  12. Looks good! I'm on now and also on Saturday if that works for training.
  13. The entire operation is really cool and well thought out. There are all sorts of resources and systems to make mining as easy as possible for us and the pay is really good. :)
    purplebook163 likes this.
  14. I am going to bump this as well. These massive mines and I am usually the only one in them :p
    I have made 45k so far and can hit 8k per hour really easily.
    azoundria likes this.
  15. Are there spots still available?
    azoundria likes this.
  16. Yes there are! I am just back from vacation so I should be able to do some training this weekend even.
  17. only legal 1s r
  18. Username: Cchiarell6914
    Days On EMC: 1571
    Primary SMP: SMP7

--Equipment--
    What pickaxes do you have already? None. I am an outpost/wild person with basics
    What armour do you have already? None. I am an outpost/wild person with basics

What is the deposit to start mining and what does it cover? 14k and it covers maintenance and materials (not lost picks though)
    What do you have to worry about when filling in holes after mining ores? Slower movement, jumps, and dark spots created by them

--Experience--
    What ores can you expect to find in a mine? coal, iron, gold, diamond, lapiz, redstone, and emeralds
    How can you quickly neutralize a pool of lava? placing water down and/or blocks
    What can you do to quickly mine through the top layer of obsidian? Using a water current to push you along from one obsidian to the other
    What should you do if you fall into a pool of lava? fire resistance potions to prevent death followed by getting out asap. Neutralize lava if getting out is too hard.
    What should you do in a situation where you are swarmed with mobs and almost dead? Depending on the chance of survival, logging off seems like a good option giving some time for mobs to despawn or for a friend to help.
    What should be done before mining diamonds? Ensure the area around the diamonds is completely safe and won't burn in lava.
    Should you ever mine the block above/below you? No. Much better to just move a little to the side and mine it.

--Comprehension--
    What do you have to worry about when filling in holes after mining ores? Slower movment, jumps, and dark spots created by them

--Availability--
    What is the nearest major city to you? America/Arizona
    When are you available for training? I will have time to train tonight or tomorrow around 11am to 3ish
    How often do you expect to be mining each week? (For planning purposes, there's no required level of activity.) 5 hours or so (about an hour a day)
    Do you any specific financial goal? No.
    Is there anything you hope to get out of using the mine specifically? Not really. I just need a steady income to fund my outpost, Free Haven.

EDIT: Sorry I do realize that I just bumped a very old thread... I just saw it and loved the idea, and want to be a part of it.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  19. Hey I'm sorry! I just noticed this now. I must have missed the thread notification.

In any case, I'd be happy to have you come out. I will be in touch.