Goodbye Threads

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by IcecreamCow, Sep 17, 2012.

1. *high five
  2. *high fives back*
  3. Good stuff. Now those that require attention and drama in their lives can do it some other way. :D
    Dwight5273 likes this.
  4. The staff usually "let us get away with" a debate thread every now and again, when they pop up. These are usually posted in the miscellaneous sub-forum or a thread just evolves off on a tangent into a debating thread. However, I think that a sub-forum for such things could be interpreted as encouraging them.

I personally don't have any issue with debating threads, but the staff seem a bit wary of them, as they can turn into "personal insult threads" rather quickly. Also, some people would probably rather have the forum dedecated (loosely) to minecraft.

I agree that debates are nice every now and again, though.
  5. *High five*

Attached Files:

6. *high five* Awesome picture!
  7. Haha it's your car ;)
  8. HEAR HEAR!
    No more goodbye threads!
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  9. Does this mean all goodbye threads will get locked up immediatly when posted? Because that would be good. Giving the new players the thought that this server is dying is pretty mean, especially because when they leave the're missing out an experience they will not find on any server somewhere else!
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  10. Yes a lot of them have been locked up.

http://empireminecraft.com/threads/well-this-is-it-goodbye.15420/
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/kingofkraft13-antoniolovex3-and-annatexas-we-quit.15469/
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/its-been-fun.15385/
  11. Good call, ICC. Good call.
  12. No longer a mod? why so?
  13. If you would like to discuss it, PM me :)
  14. Those who say EMC is dying don't seem to realise what it started from : the Town/Utopia/Wasteland/Wilderness 30 player server ! :rolleyes:

August 18th 2011 : The server goes public (if I recall)

End of October 2011 : EMC reaches 1000 players.

Nov 6th 2011: The founding act of the multi-server EMC we know today. I remember the hype about a potential additional server :D

You see, some people may leave (for instance, many old players I knew are now inactive/gone), and since you know a couple of them, you feel that the phenomenon is the same for EMC as a whole. But fortunately, there are always new people who come to our community, and it is everyone's implicit duty to welcome them, to know them, and make them want to stay :). There is no "golden age" to be nostalgic about, because we have never stopped being in it, because at every stage, from the pioneers to the big community, everyone has contributed actively and passively to make EMC the great place it is today!

We all leave one day or another, but it's the memory that we keep of that moment which is important.

(And also, don't forget to vote for EMC on Minestatus ;))
  15. As always, Tikiman hits the nail on the head.
  16. I didn't necessarily hate the goodbye threads in fact some of them were quite enjoyable in that you could read about someone else's time on EMC and it encouraged me to work harder and strive to do more great things! But yes I did notice some negative comments come seeping through by players on some specific threads. EMC FTW!
  17. Not trying to bump here*

So are you saying I can't have a giveaway thread, and have it a goodbye "Theme" as well? I don't see what is wrong with this?

Also can I start a PM with the whole emc? xD
    607 likes this.
  18. You can have a giveaway, and I think you can mention you're leaving EMC, but it certainly can't be all about you leaving. Just discreetly mention it :p

I'm not 100% sure though, so don't rely on what I say :p
    607 and MrWhosMagic like this.
  19. J
    Just got ideas and confirmation on what I can do from marg :)
    mba2012 likes this.