Global warming lies

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Marine4121, Feb 7, 2014.

1. To be honest and not sound like a "something" nobody taught me how to quote on here. Otherwise I'd have no problem in expressing my obvious opinion towards the opposing faction.
  2. Todd_Vinton and mba2012 like this.
  3. This was posted a few weeks ago ...
    mba2012 likes this.
  4. Whats with all the non-related music vids? Can we please get back to topic/end discussion?
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  5. Topic ended dude.
    canuckshockey likes this.
  6. What is your point? That shows nothing about overpopulation, and it actually shows that you have little to no Google skills.
    http://www.livescience.com/16493-people-planet-earth-support.html
    One search, the top result and they even appear to have a real researcher in the article, not some random person who lives on a conspiracy site. I encourage you to read the whole thing and use logic so that you don't look less-than-smart if you make a statement about it.
    Olaf_C, cddm95ace and mba2012 like this.
  7. Yus, anything from livescience is legit, I do my current events from there :p
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  8. Actually, everywhere is 'bad' at it, there are too many variables which we try to make maths out of. The only predictions we have is from satellite images but still the weather is unpredictable.
    Actually, plants produce both. They photosynthesize during the day and then respire during the night:

Plants are made so that if there were nothing else but them they could live, unlike us where without plants we'd all die
  9. A wiser man than that said 'never argue with anyone.'

An extract from The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene. He also goes on to explain in that same chapter that even if you 'win' an argument, the person you are arguing with will just revert to their own opinions in days, because humans are creatures of habit, yet you may still stir up resentment, meaning argument is pointless.

I believe the best way to argue with young earth creationists/global warming deniers/other branches of pseudoscience, we need to demonstrate, not explicate. How exactly we should demonstrate, I don't really know yet...
    Champ4now and Importerer like this.
  10. i have a tattoo roughly based off the 48 laws
    72Volt likes this.
  11. Damn you ball hard son.
  12. Thought id' just share some things.

The reason this thread is here is because the OP is a support of the Australia Liberal Party, who was elected to power in September of last year. I'm a supporter of left wing parties(except when it comes to finance), so this may be a bit biased. But what has happened, is the Liberals have taken the first few steps to remove protection on the Great Barrier Reef, which is one of Australia's natural wonders, and potentially what gets it most of its tourists. The party approved major dredging projects near the Abbott Point Coal Mine, which coincidentally, shares the same name as Australia's Prime Minister. Many people didn't like this, so he(Tony Abbott, Prime Minister) came out and said that Global Warming isn't real, and if something bad does happen, it's not going to last for long. So, of course all of the liberal supporters(a lot of people, mainly because Australia's national news paper ran a major campaign against the Labour and other minority parties) come out and say "If Tony Abbott says climate change isn't real, then it isn't!". I personally find it hard to take Tony Abbott seriously because of his opinions on gay marriage rights and that he stated the other day that our national broadcaster should broadcast things more biased towards his parties policies.

The evidence of climate change is there. I've been watching the water level rise at the beach near me for the past 10 years, there used to be about 50 meters of sand dunes down to the water, now there's hardly 20 meters, and the beach hasn't gotten any bigger. Now, to counter the argument about the increasing cold weather. Oceans have a natural cycle of cold and hot water. What's happening now is that the cycle has reached a certain point and it is supporting the dropping of temperatures by a lot. This will only last for a few years, 5 at the most. And has been stated before, the temperature being super cold above the water, doesn't mean the average temperature of the water has not been rising.

Everything to do with climate change is based on averages and long distances of time. It is a slow and natural process, but what has been happening is that we have been accelerating the natural warming process of the earth by creating an advanced greenhouse effect.

I'm going to suggest you watch this video to get a bit more information on the trends currently happening.
    Yeah so, TL;DR, this is all a political debate.

NOTE: A lot of this information is just from memory, and may not be 100% accurate. The stuff about the politics though, is pretty accurate.