(Giveaway) Please VOTE for Santa's Little Helper award 2016

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Raaynn, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Nominees list added to opening post above...
  2. 30th bump... 2 days left...
  3. 31st of December. Less than 24 hours before the voting is closed...
  4. just under 3 hours to Midnight!! Happy New Year!

And after midnight... the award goes to Shell!

And to everyone out there... I know there are many others who help the community on a regular basis... you are all appreciated... dont think you are not.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !
    Kytula and TomvanWijnen like this.
  5. I, ehm... I'm speechless (so why type so much words? :D)... Got the PM around 13:42 local time, I remembered the event and I think I voted for someone but in all honesty it's also possible that I didn't vote because of the "No Alt" rule (because I didn't want to risk 'accidents'). Let's just say that when someone says "No Alt's" in their event and I'd like to attend (one way or another ;)) then I always make double sure that no doubles are entered. Bottom line: I honestly don't recall :p

But yeah... then I suddenly saw a PM, read it, wondered who won, then saw my rupee amount and also noticed in-game mail (ok: I only noticed that after reading the PM ;)).

I'd like to thank each and everyone who voted for me for their trust & support. To be honest this brings back some seriously good memories from the Good Samaritan award event which was one of the first community events I won. With all due respect: but a community event will always be a little more special to me than others. For starters because I know how hard it can be to organize one (or maybe that's only because I'm pretty bad at it :D) and to keep things running.

SO yeah... Thank you very much guys!

Half of the money will be shared with Aya. Seems only fair because let's be honest: there are tons of things which I couldn't have done if it wasn't for a little help every once in a while. Yes, I know: technically speaking this means I still keep control over said money. But yah... In a different way, you'll have to trust me on that one :)

The voucher... As some of you know I'm working on my Utopia residence for my 1 year anniversary. That and my 500 days, 600 days, 2 year anniversary and 'we' decided to add Aya's anniversary into the mix as well. I'm sure there were some other events down the middle too which I forgot, but yah.. I'm hanging onto the voucher and will use it somewhere this year (February / March) to help me gain a little more access (like extra named residence locations) which I intend to use for my event. Seems only fitting to use something which I won by & from the community in order to do something back for that same community.

Closing with another THANK YOU GUYS and I'd like to share something for you guys to listen to. I think it sets the atmosphere & my current mood quite well.

Don't worry: Although this is Metallica it's not noisy hardrock but a ballad!

<3 you guys! And nothing else matters!!
    BlinkyBinky, We3_MPO, Jelle68 and 8 others like this.
  6. Thank you all I am honored but confused because I don't think I did anything worthy of all this.
    Raaynn and Kytula like this.

7. Of course, with a contest like this, there has to be a trophy. Congratulations Shel! :) I hope I can be one if the nominees some day. One day.
    Vortixin, Kytula, ShelLuser and 3 others like this.
  8. Now you almost made me blush :) I'm SO saving that awesome trophy to both my Imgur account & PC, thanks, it looks awesome!

The only tip I can give you, and I know how clichéd this sounds, is to just go for it. Just do it (no, stay in your basket Shia la Beouf! :D). And try to keep it up, stay a little consistent (easier said than done).

But... I don't do what I do with all this in mind. In fact, I try not think about stuff like this because it only makes me feel a little uneasy. I do what I do to have some fun & share that fun with others.

But I'm sure you can do it! I mean... Only a few months ago you were really hoping to get into the contrib team, and look at you now! One goal down, and a next one to go :)
    Kytula and EnderSkele like this.
  9. Sorry Tbird... but you didnt recieve one or two votes... but a large percentage! You will just have to face the facts that other members find you to be very helpful. :)
    CallumDAKing and ShelLuser like this.
  10. There goes my anonymity :confused: Oh well it's not going to change because that is who I am ;)
    CallumDAKing, Gittano and ShelLuser like this.
  11. *voted when it came out* *didnt get a prize* *cries*
    CallumDAKing likes this.
  12. Meh. it was for a good cause. congrats to everyone who was featured!
    ShelLuser and CallumDAKing like this.
  13. What haven't u done <3