[ Give Away ] What's Your Favorite Thing About Halloween?

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by crystaldragon13, Oct 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello All!

As some of you may know, 13 is my favorite number! Fridays are good too, but together they are the best!! Well, this year we have been blessed to have one occur in the month that celebrates Halloween and as some call it ... Samhain.

I, along with a few of my moderator friends, would like to add a little celebration giveaway to the mix.

We would love to hear what makes this time of year special to you! Please share your favorite traditions or your favorite memory with us! For those of you who would like to share more privately than a post on the forums, feel free to send me a book in the mail.

We will be handing out a few goodies in exchange. There is, of course, not enough to go around but there is a method to our madness!
    Here's how to add your entry and please note that alts are not allowed for forums or in-game entries:

For those submitting in the forums, please add a number at the beginning of your entry. For those in game, please mail me a signed book. We will use randomizers to select winners so everything remains fair and unbiased.

Some Rules to follow so we can keep this Fair and Fun for everyone
    • You are allowed one entry per person. Sorry but Alts are not allowed to play.
    • Forum Entries must start with the next number in line from the post above.
    • Book entries must be signed so we have your name.
    • Each entry must share something about your favorite Halloween thing.
    All entries must be in by the end of Sunday, October 22, emc time, so we will have time to compile all the entries and get the Treats out to the winners in time for Halloween!

Here are the Treats up for grabs!

crystaldragon13
    13 crystaldragon13 Halloween Heads

Skeletin007
    13 Skeletin007 Heads
    Headless Horseman Mask
    Momentus's Toothpick

sazukemono
    13 sazukemono Halloween Heads

AncientTower
    13 Halloween heads straight from Tower's alt AncientHallween

carolmoss
    13 Numbered Books of Blood

13 Rare Alt Halloween Heads - themossmonster

weeh
    13 Numbered 10k Hallowweehn *Vouchers
    *vouchers must be redeemed no later than Nov 15, 2017

AlexC__
    One Minty Head
  2. for updates and what not
  3. 1

My favorite thing about Halloween is how it starts to get colder outside past Halloween... the leaves start changing colors leaves start falling everywhere. It starts to actually look like fall (and because I like to add seasonal decorations to my residence).
  4. 2
    The best part of Halloween is that it means it has officially become Fall, which is my favorite season. It also means a ton of new promos and special items are beginning to be released.
  5. 3

As an Aussie,, Halloween meant nothing to me. It wasn't our tradition, it was just another made-up day (not even a holiday) where retailers can buy some cheap junk and sell it to gullible kids. And hardly even that. It was just an American thing that we saw in movies.

But now I love it. The fun at dressing up as some monster, filling children with sugary junk, scaring them half to death and then sending them home to their parents is awesome.

I blame EMC, Halloween on EMC is fantastic fun and there's all these great events. It's also the start of Silly Season here in Oz which goes through to our summer Xmas and finishes with Australia Day on Jan 26, usually around the same time kids go back to school after the summer break.
  6. 4

I don't think anyone read the number rule correctly.

Halloween is my Birthday IRL I have always had a love hate relationship with it.
    My father was almost murdered that day in my drive way. So from the age 12 on I ignored the day. How could I celebrate with that in my head ? Then my wife and friends decided to break that and held a large party for my 30th. Now a few years have gone by and while I don't love it I don't hate it anymore.

And candy. I love Reese's more then anything.
  7. fixed

Seems CD wants a way for players to actually get a high number, maybe even triple figures!

Also, I know how you feel about your birthday. I'm glad it didn't take you 48 or so years to start getting past it (thanks D!).
  8. I'm not entering, but I'll answer.

I love pretty much everything about Halloween, but I vastly prefer the fun, non-spoopy side of the holiday. I usually hand make a costume that I'll also usually use as the basis of a cosplay at a later date. It's a lot of fun.
  9. 5

My favorite part of Halloween is the 'dark and spooky' style. Fall is my favorite time of the year with all of its beautiful colors. Plus, even tho I'm an adult I still like to go trick or treating for a few sweet treats. :p
  10. 6.
    I love halloween because of the costumes. How many times during the year can you dress up? My family has this yearly tradition to have a theme in all of our costumes. One year we were superheroes, sushi chefs, star wars characters, and angry birds. Halloween is so cool! :D Of course, can't forget about the candy too.
  11. 7. What I love about Halloween is the dressing up in costumes bit. I always loved dressing up as whatever I thought of that year, and wandering the neighborhood. Though I'm allergic to most candy, I love going trick or treating with my friends here and there. My favorite memory of Halloween, was when I was 13. At the time, my friends and I were being taken around the neighborhood by my dad and my friend's mom. At some point in the night, the four of us got separated from the others, and thought nothing of it. By around 9:30, we were in an unknown part of the neighborhood, wandering aimlessly. We eventually decided to walk back to my house, even though we didn't want to. When I was even younger, around 6 or 7, the shopping malls in our area gave out candy to young kids. My family and I used to go each year there, well until they stopped doing it. I used to give away my Halloween candy to kids in my school who didn't get any, or anyone who wanted it since I was allergic, but I always used to keep the skittles to myself as that was one type of candy I could eat. :p
  12. 8. I love that Halloween is in Autumn. Autumn is my favourite season of the year darker evenings, crisper air plus 31st October means there are 3 Billion sweets (candy) on the supermarket shelves ALL month! Who wouldn't love Halloween?? :D
  13. 9. How can I be original in this post without looking like I copied someone.... Alrighty, here goes nothing

Since I got into a dorm in college again, I will not forget the time I face painted myself to be my character. I mean, I have been dressing up or participating in Halloween for a full two years now and I want to continue the streak. As something for Halloween you might ask, I am going to be Mad Max because I love the new and the old series of movies. I'd rather not copy something that has been a trend for Halloween costumes like the clown from "It". You got to be something that isn't a trend or how else are you going to set yourself apart from the crowd ;)

Halloween as many holidays, the fall season is there to be enjoyed but as a Coloradian, it tells me two things... 1. Get ready for winter because winter can come anytime in Colorado. Our state is known to have short spring and fall seasons so fully enjoying them is just icing on the cake from the brutal heat in the summer or very cold winters. 2. Look at these colors that nature can bring us in a short time! Colorado natural growing trees are Pines, Cottonwoods next to rives, and Aspen trees that can be yellow, gold, or very red. (Example: https://images.fineartamerica.com/i.../1/fall-colors-on-grand-mesa-lowell-monke.jpg) Many news stations in the state actually give you an idea when the colors come out however, their time in color was cut short this year. A winter storm showed up so now for halloween I got to enjoy the High 50-degree weather with brown leaves or no leaves at all.

I think I did alright for explanation lol
  14. 10. What I love about Halloween is hiding in the courtyard of my house with a scary mask on. We don't get many people coming by where I live, but for the few that do come... It is the one day of the year that I can scare people without them getting super annoyed. I also enjoy seeing everybody's different costumes! You can find so many different things, ranging from super elaborate and scary costumes, to sparkly unicorns! 🦄 Lol
    (Oh, and 13 is my favorite number too! It's the best when my birthday is Friday the 13th!). ;)
  15. 11
    I like costumes and the eating of candy :)
  16. bumps in the night
    Rayaan5235 and SkeleTin007 like this.
  17. 12, I love going into the costume store
  18. 13
    Scaring kids and candy ;)
  19. 14 :D
    Seeing the ridiculous costumes some people have
  20. 15!! :D

I like candy and trading candy + going out wit my fwiends..
    Thankz
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.