[ Give Away ] What's Your Favorite Thing About Halloween?

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by crystaldragon13, Oct 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 57
    My favorite Halloween memories are from when I was a kid. I always had those trash baggy plastic smock costumes with the plastic mask that you always got all sweaty and gross from breathing in it for extended periods of time. I was Peter Criss from KISS, Wonder Woman, ET and one of the Smurfs. It was great. We always used pillow cases and filled them with as much as we could carry !!! Now its not PC to be out past dark...smh.
  2. Oh, yes, that's very annoying when people don't seem to notice what "lights off" means.
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  3. Anymore Halloween Stories?
    crystaldragon13 and SkeleTin007 like this.
  4. 58

Umm, One of the main things I love about Halloween, its the season of the colors black and white! :cool: As I love ghost and anything which has to do with dark colors, it fits to me I guess. Usually when its Halloween I just celebrate it low key, Give some needy children some candy or maybe walk around the neighborhood scaring some smaller children, I mean Pfff, I would never do such a thing...:rolleyes: But nevertheless Haunted Houses are neat, and I love anything scary as I usually just scream and say "Don't Hurt Me" thats just a fun fact :p Haha, Thats the end of my sharing..
  5. This is a GIVEAWAY!!! Even if you've never done Halloween give us a story....

Candy List:
    Butterfingers
    ect...
  6. I can't really argue with that .. story on people. There's only 4 more days left to enter.
  7. {59}
    I very much enjoy Halloween. Especially Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights. For the third year ina. row, my friends and I have been going to HHN and scaring the living daylights out of the other people there. If you're wicked enough, you should try it.
  8. Thirstday for Blood Bump
    >:[
  9. I already posted but for the sake of a story...

Most of my favorite Halloween memories revolve around the many carving parties we used to have at my grandmother's house. Sadly, there hasn't been one in probably seven years. But last year, we had one of the most amazing carving parties EVER.

The smaller the better, sometimes. We invited one family of three kids, all of whom my siblings and I are friends with, to our house. Man, that family is full of goofballs -- Put 'em all together, add us three kids, some pumpkins, and food, and you've got quite the crazy gathering. Scooping out the pumpkins is always the most disgusting part, but it was made fun by scooping the stringy pumpkin guts into the sink while trying not to splatter my best friend, while she did the same.

I actually almost ruined my favorite sweater, when I dropped pumpkin on it, but I managed to save it! (Note to self- never wear a white angel costume to a carving party.) After murdering a totally innocent pumpkin and scooping its guts into the disposal(and also my best friend's little sister's pumpkin, I'm pretty sure if I hadn't she would've hurt herself cutting the top off), we moved into the family room, where we had a long card table set up, with our freshly gutted pumpkins, then (should have done this before) each searched on Google for a pattern we could do.

...I just realized how boring this story is to somebody who wasn't there...

I chose a pretty difficult (and ADORABLE) husky puppy, my friend's sister chose a horse chess piece. And my friend brought her own pattern, which was Harry Potter glasses with some random spells around it. Of course, with carving pumpkins, there are bound to be mistakes... I kept accidentally splattering my friend with pumpkin when I'd get a piece off. She ended up accidentally punching out the center of the glasses, so the finished product was two holes connected by a line with some random Harry Potter spells around it. (Gotta love it when that happens.)

Mine actually turned out pretty good -- If I find that picture we took of them all, I'll post it, plus my pumpkin... I'm actually pretty proud of it... :p. My brother, trying to carve a mockingbird thing (from Hunger Games), totally failed (his words, not mine :p), so my friend's little sister took ALL the leftover carving tools, carved a face in the pumpkin, then stabbed it for no good reason. She might be a bit of a weirdo.

Oh yeah, then my friend's brother carved a smiley face into his pumpkin. If I remember correctly, I think it ended up being a mix of creepy and hilarious.

Then we all went out and took pictures with our pumpkins. They stayed a bit longer and I had more fun, but that's insanely boring to people who weren't there.

About two weeks later I walked out the door and my pumpkin had pretty much literally melted on the porch from heat. (It had collapsed and had mold spilling out of it, like LOTS of mold, but we had to get a shovel to pick it up, and when we did it left a gooey residue on the porch that stained it pretty badly). That was interesting.

I'm hoping this year I can go trick-or-treating with that same family.
  10. Thanks for sharing your story Harp! I thought it was great .. could almost hear the laughter and imagine the fun you all were having and it's part of why we wanted to ask for your stories and/or traditions. It's just so much fun to see how everyone celebrates or not, this time of year =D

I do want to take this moment to thank ALL of you for sharing a piece of your story and as others have done .. please feel free to add another .. but remember you only have a couple more days to submit them here then the thread will be closed for submissions.

Meow!
    Harp4Christ likes this.
  11. Just added 13 AncientHalloween heads from my own personal alt to this giveaway.
  12. Ooooo. Sooo niiiice. Heads...
    crystaldragon13 and AncientTower like this.
  13. 60. I think I love Halloween more now than when I was growing up. I force my kids to wear what I want them to wear....I mean bribe....ok no I FORCE them to wear the costumes I want them to wear. Prime example they are dr's 10 and 11, I'm not in the picture but I wore a Tardis hat, gloves and scarf and went as....you guessed it the T.A.R.D.I.S. Did you notice they each have sonic screwdrivers? Another year we did Toy Story.
    Rogue1128 on the left as the 11th and Spudman1128 on the right as the 10th.

14. Thank you to everyone who participated in the
    Giveaway and as per the original post this thread
    will be closed and no further entries will be accepted.

All prizes will be awarded by October 31, 2017.
    Hope you all have a wonderful October. =]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.