[ Give Away ] What's Your Favorite Thing About Halloween?

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by crystaldragon13, Oct 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Did a bit of editing on the numbers to keep them counting along and will continue to do so when people post at the same time. Thanks to everyone who's sharing their memories and traditions.. It's been so nice to have that small glimpse and get to know you better. =D
  2. 16. My favorite part of Halloween is the historic culture behind it. Its culture has transcended millennia since ancient Celtic times, with negative cultural connotations consisting of human death, fear, and darkness. Juxtaposing these connotations with modern day society's family-friendly perception of Halloween and seeing how society's attitude towards the holiday has developed allows me to appreciate the deep culture inherent in the roots of Halloween. :)
  3. 17. Putting on a donald trump hat as a costume and getting reactions
  4. 18. Having an excuse for eating junk food when I'm on a diet :p
  5. 19! My age (not)

Love halloween for my kids... especially my daughter whi loves to dress in costume to go trick r treating. They come home with loads of chicolates and candy and... fortunately... they dont like to eat too much of it...

Of course that leaves the 'problem' of disposing of said treats almost entirely up to me :)... life is tough...
  6. 20

Every Halloween I watch movies such as Halloween Town, and all other Halloween shows/movies. Kinda became a tradition hehe.
    I also love (When i have the time) decorating my reses and setting it up for others to see.
    When i used to go out where i grew up, we used to get a Garbage Bag full of candies, but I found that sadly over time there was less and less that we obtained. Where i live now, we dont get any kids, so we get the stuff from the store and eat it ourselves.
  7. 21
    My favorite thing about Halloween is the color of the trees. It's aesthetically beautiful and I love taking photos and sketching them in my bullet journal :)
  8. 22. My favorite thing about Halloween is all of the wonderful movies that come with it. I also enjoy it because Im not viewed as a weirdo(okay a little bit less of a weirdo) for enjoying my black lipstick and witch outfits.....so basically I enjoy being able to dress up as myself
  9. 23.
    My favourite part of Halloween is pranking all the foolish trick-or-treaters who come to my house. Behold; my diabolical designs of delicious doom! Never again will those fools think that they can receive a treat without participating in a trick! MUHUWAHAHA!
  10. 24
    My Favorite thing about Halloween is being able to relax and watch lots and lots of Horror Movies(e.g. Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, and It)I just sit back,make a bag of popcorn and just sit for hours watching many movies.
  11. 25
    My favorite thing about Halloween is that guy a few years back who drove around in a van with "free candy" spray painted on the side and handed out candy to people. He got pulled over like seven times during the night.
  12. So one time when I was much younger I was headed home from trick or treating around the neighborhoods. When I made it back home I looked up at the sky from my porch. I happen to see the bat signal in the sky. Turns out it was a night club having fun on Halloween night with their bright sky lights.
  13. I got another one... Not sure If this was just me or if others did this too.

One year for trick or treating I sped through the "rich neighborhoods" you know the type, they're the ones that give out full size candy bars.. Well after the first go through I headed home and changed into a different costume. I must have done that 4 times that night and the haul was well worth it.
  14. This is something I'd do :D
  15. There was this one year it was bitterly cold out for Halloween. In fact we had snow flurries before the trick-or-treating hours began. My cousins and I set out to go door to door begging for candy like all the good children that day. We wore our costumes but we then layered up on warm clothing over them. Wearing hats, gloves, jackets and long pants it was cold but we like every other kid out there was determined to get their candy...
    Rayaan5235 and SkeleTin007 like this.
  16. 26

My favourite thing is the costume because I LOVE cosplaying and this is one day/night I can fit in without someone saying anything~
    I dont eat candy because I just dont like it and its unhealthy for you *once in a while I treat myself* so I dont actually like that part of halloween.
    I love going around and seeing other people's costumes and what they came up with and when someone knows who I am cosplaying as because that makes me happy!
    I also love seeing all the Halloween decorations set up on people's lawns and such cause they are really cool and I love the spooky vibe it has on Halloween and all the scary stuff!
  17. 27
    halloween is about to be my all time favorite time of year~
    supposed to be getting married on the 31st X3
  18. 28

To egg people's houses!!!
    Just kidding!
    I would never do such a thing.
    My real favorite thing to do on Halloween is to toilet paper people's houses.
  19. I'm loving all these stories. =D Keep 'em comin'! :D
  20. 29, then.
    What I like in Samhain : the secular sense of owe us humans feel in front of the universe, and the need to bind together it reveals.

Hidden being all the layers of religiosity, especially in Samhain and celebrations related to death, birth or rebirth, there is this deep link to the scared animal in us : human is facing the terror of an incomprehensible universe and its own mortality, and in trying to cope with this, he turns toward his fellow humans.
    It is primal, it is profoundly symbolic, hence very very human. And I like it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.