[Forum RPG] Marzena

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Caeyde, Sep 22, 2015.

1. (oops, i swear i replied to this :p)
    I look down and notice that annoying cat thing following me. I fly higher.
  2. Now I'm sorry I've been away. I've missed a ton of space I could have been in. Anyway, I hope you'll allow me to join in.
    Name: Halt Arratay
    Personality: quiet, yet fiery and gruff, but a great friend if you can befriend him. Has a dry sense of humor.
    Appearance: short and muscular with brown hair and a small mustache and beard.
    Race: Human
    Class: Archer (I have a question. Since I'm a human, does that allow me to learn some of the capabilities of an assassin?)
    Weapon: Bow
    Animal: Horse named Abelard. He's somewhat underestimated. ;)
    Spawning Place: Near the outskirts of Erith. Frequently takes trips into the forest.
    AIEEEEEEEEEEEEE and 607 like this.
  3. I hiss loudly at the bird as I quickly lose sight of it in the clouds, "What does a cat have to do to get dinner now-a-days?" I grumble to myself, jumping down from the rooftop and landing expertly on two feet. I look around the cramped city buildings, occasionally scanning the clouds above for any sign of the bird.... Something in the back of my mind is saying, "Darius, you tried to kill it, why would it come back down?" but as usual, I ignore the smarter side of my conscience.

Accepted and added to the list!
    As a human, you can learn, to an extent, any other class. However you won't be able to be skilled in all classes right away, it will take at least some time to practice each of them, as it would to learn a new skill in the real world.

As you ride your horse along the forest's edge, you can almost feel something from inside the vegetation watching you. A bush no more than a metre away rustles before falling silent once more. There are few lights to help you see anything in the forest as the city dims down for the night
  4. I fly around, looking for somewhere to hide.
  5. You see a house with it's window open, along with the nearby forest and several dark alleyways. There are a few people milling around the city, but not enough for anybody to notice you.
  6. I never said I was in the forest, yet.

I wake up and start to get ready for the day, remembering that I had been meaning to go buy some arrows in town since I had lost most of them after hunting and practicing my archery in the forest the day before. I slip out of bed and get dressed in my normal attire of brown jeans and a brown t-shirt. I walk downstairs to a breakfast of scrambled eggs and orange juice made by my mother. I give her a hug as I say goodbye and walk out of the house, grabbing my leather jacket and bow as I go. I walk over to the stable that's behind the house and saddle up my horse. "Ready for another day, Abelard?" I ask as I climb into the saddle. He turns his head around to look at me with one eye as if to say, "of course." I walk him out of the stable and start towards the inner parts of town.
  7. I fly in.
  8. Sorry!

The higher class people of the area turn away from you and some hold their noses and scowl, as if your horse was a plagued rat around their silk dresses and diamond-lined carriages.... You try your best to ignore them as you enter the inner areas of the city. Abelard grunts uncomfortably at the amount of unfamiliar people around, causing a few people to throw you disapproving looks. You look around and see many expensive looking shops, selling everything from scarves to shining jewels. On the corner, looking quite out of place, is a small armour and weapon shop. It obviously must get some business, to be this close to the center, but it's hard to be sure from the outside.

In where? The window, the forest, the alleyway? Give me a hint!
  9. Oops! In the window :p
  10. It's fine. :)

I catch a glimpse of people giving me disapproving looks and smirk at them. When I come upon the shop, after noticing that it must get business, I think to myself, "I wonder how it gets any business at all in this city of pompous pigs. You would think they'd go for a more fanciful, 'pretty' shop." I decide to check it out and see whether they actually have functional gear.

Don't forget, Alice, I may be quiet, but I never said I was shy so be careful what you have my character ignoring (such as the scowling people) for it may not be in character. In this case, I think it may be the best and easiest course, but be careful.
    607 likes this.
  11. Sorry again

As you approach the building, you can see several sharpened knives in the window, along with a variety of eye catching shields and sturdy bows. You open the door and walk inside, where you're met by a small elven woman, which explains the expert crafts work. The elf smiles at you, obviously happy to have a visitor, "Welcome" she says, luring you further into the shop with her friendly tone

As morning is starting to starting to dawn, something stirs inside the room. You hear something land on the roof above you, along with a harsh hiss and claws along brickwork. A woman opens a door inside the room and bends down to the bed, saying comforting words you don't understand. She looks up and moves towards the window, possibly to open them further and welcome the morning air... However she stops suddenly and screams, obviously a crow was the last thing she expected to see in her loved one's room this early in the morning! The woman grabs the nearest object, a hairbrush, and swings it towards you. It misses your beak by a hairs width
    607 likes this.
  12. I fly towards her and transform.
    "Well, that wasn't very nice." I say. I pull out my knife.
  13. Again, it's okay. :) I just want you to be careful because I feel that if you write something and it goes along with the character's personality, it adds to the realness of the RPG.

For some reason, something about the elf seems off to me. I keep my face blank so as not to give her any notice of it. I walk into the shop and over to a quiver of arrows, never letting her out of my peripheral vision. I walk over to a bow sitting next to a quiver of arrows. Neither have any fancy designs on them, but I know that a bow isn't measured on how pretty it looks. I pick up the bow and test the draw weight. After pulling it back and then releasing it slowly, so as not to dryfire and damage the bow, I pick up the quiver and inspect the arrows. They seem like normal everyday arrows, but one can never tell with an elf. I turn to the elf with a questioning look on my face.
  14. She screams and the child runs out of the room. The woman hits your square on the head with the hairbrush before dropping it and also fleeing the room. You hear a few people mumbling outside, obviously curious as to why people are screaming so early in the morning....

She smiles at you and gently takes one of the arrows, "Good choice sir" she says, her voice flowing like a river, "If fired right, these arrows can be very dangerous" You swear her eyes flash with something malicious for a moment, but they quickly return back to the welcoming sky blue colour, "Easy to fire and lightweight also" she continues, spinning the arrow expertly around her fingers, "Only 20 gold for the whole set" she offers, nodding her head towards the bow
    607 likes this.
  15. Character Name: Zack McCarthy
    Character Personality (Optional) :Opening to all, not afraid to say hi
    Character Appearance (Picture or words): 5'8, handsome as shown below in the picture
    (Anima Only) Animal form:
    Race: Human
    Class: Warrior
    Class weapon (if many options are available) :

Starting Place/Spawn Area: Erith

OOC: This color
    IC: This color
  16. You wake up in your bed, the early morning sunlight beaming through your window. You stretch and yawn, ready to start the day. As you walk outside of your house, you can hear screaming somewhere in this distance, but you can also see the bakery over the street opening, full of fresh bread. As you observe your surroundings more, you see a group of women talking, presumably gossiping and spreading rumours about the week so far.... One of them glances at you, before pointing and laughing to the group. The baker starts shouting, "Fresh bread, bread for a gold coin!" You sigh, why are mornings so loud and hectic here?

Edit: At least give me a warning before posting
  17. As I really hate when a book character gets a whiff of something suspicious and then doesn't act on it:

"20 gold seems fair," I say as I nock an arrow and aim it at her, "as long as it comes with their secret."

I know that playing along with her purposes can end up turning out interestingly, but it would just really really bug me if my character didn't notice it.
    607 likes this.
  18. "Are we sharing secrets now?" she talks like a child and smiles, "You tell me a secret first"
  19. I approach the bakery and hand him a golden coin from my pocket, watching out to not pull out my sword. " Good day sir, 'tis good morning for you I see, hows your family been?".

Ok, you can decide the bakers actions from here and Ill answer it :)
  20. "So be it." I pull the arrow out of the bow and drop it to the floor. "I don't like you." Grabbing the bow frame with the hand that was formerly holding the arrow, I wallop her across the face with her bow. While she's distracted, I start running towards the exit.