[FORUM GAME] New Nations

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Warlord678, Feb 28, 2019.

1. The Federation is upgrading ALL ships to the 20 inch gun size

this will take 1 year
  2. This is unrealistic for several reasons:
    1. Upgunning to more than 2 inches will make the mounts for the guns too big. It is impossible to practically fit 20-inch guns on any of your battleships. You'd have to eliminate guns to make it fit (Scharnhorst, from 9 to 6), making the broadside lighter and basically being counterproductive.
    2. If you could fit them, it would be too heavy. The ships would likely sink, making it an upgrade that would make the ship unseaworthy.
    3. Let's say you overcame both of these problems. The ships would be too slow and would be quickly sunk by repeated air or battleship attack.
  3. fine than i'll work up to it later
  4. A 20-inch gun battleship would be utterly massive, just know that.
  5. i know
    Warlord678 likes this.
  6. The Federation has increased it's food exports by 20%
  7. The SEU has postulated that certain elements may be able to create a weapon of immense destruction.
    As such, SEU has begun research into certain elements.
    In addition, the good times are slowing down. Because SEU has gained a massive economy after years of economic growth, vastly outstripping any other nation (with the possible exceptions of India and the Federation), with large amounts of industry as well as agriculture, the economic growth is slowing.
    However, this has resulted in them having a large industrial base in the East, safe from the likes of the Fascists and Caliphate. Japan is no longer a threat, and they have been broken. The punishing treaty against them was nothing short of devastating, limiting their armed forces to nothing. They were forbidden from building Battleships bigger than 35,000 tons, and had only 35,000 tons each year to work with. Their army is small, and they have been rendered a weak nation. The Emperor was kept, but only as to means of pacification.
  8. The Federation has started research on a new type of torpedo for it's destroyers the research will be done in 1 year
  9. also the Federation is starting to think about space and what potential resources it may have
  10. Dude, Rockets aren't even a thing yet. Slow down.
  11. i know i know i said thinking
    Warlord678 likes this.
  12. The SEU, taking advantage of a United States with much of its population dead or buried in ash has invaded and annexed a great number of its Pacific Islands. Hawaii has been left alone, and the US Government has been paid a significant amount.
  13. OOC: Can we skip the invention of Nuclear Warfare? It's kind of OP, or atleast tone it down a lot, considering no USA means no manhatten project.

The Caliphate has begun construction military bases all throughout the Sunayyad Empire at key strategic locations. The most heavily defended positions are Bosphorus and Suez, literal a military manifesto. A military base is being built in Algeria in secret disguised as some sort of factory.
  14. I find it hard to believe that Nuclear Warfare will not be invented; someone will take advantage of it, because someone will create their own Manhattan Project. SEU has already begun research into Nuclear Fission, sooner or later (I will make it after ww2) they will stumble across its immense destructive capacity.
  15. okay fine, i'd rather say "hah i have nukes you can't war with me!" rather than actually writing out different scenarios on how that war would go down.
  16. Remember despite the mutual Nuclear Deterrent, HMKX and TUN would still go to war, just not push each other very hard?
    Yeah.
  17. The 16 inch guns is finished! it is being fitted on the Vanguard and a few other ships, BUT this slows down ships so now the SNE has to increase speed to make the ships more efficient.

The boiler of ships, such as the HMS Furious 47 to accommodate the big guns,This will be a long process, a half a year is expected to fit these guns on and to update the boiler. The plans for 16" guns in the HMS Hood are scrapped because of the downgrade on speed and the ship being powerful when it was normal.

The SNE's economy is now back up to where it was at the prime of the CNE. Only around 10% unemployment. Factories are now being made all around France and the take over is almost coming to a close. There has been minimal resistance because of the military involvement. France has now joined the SNE!
  18. The USSR is starting a pilot training program, courtesy of Iosif Stalin.
    This training program will ensure that in the event of war, there will be a strong and renewable fighter pilot core.
    Pilots will get the maximum practical number of flight hours in as possible. Training planes are being built, and the Black Air Force is draining funds from the Navy to do so.
    A certain number of ace pilots will be cycled through the field and home, to train new pilots and give tips. No more than 2/3s the aces can be out on the field, to reduce the risk of losing them all at once. The Core of Pilots will in turn train new pilots, and these new pilots' training will be nothing less than top of the line. All Pilots must be able to defeat the Pilots of other Air Forces, even with inferior jets. The Caliphate will likely try to match this, but SEU will counter by simply training a large number of pilots that know to run, since Aces are invaluable.
  19. The Caliphate develops a pilot training program to match the USSR. Pilots go through extensive and rigorous training to make sure the best of the best are picked, but having a larger number of average pilots is still great too.
    The Aces of the Air Force are called the Nasir Corp, the air equivalent to the Masif Corp, a group of highly trained ground troops experienced in all forms of combat, terrain and amphibious warfare, basically the special forces. The Nasir Corp is a lot less of special forces though, it is just the fighter and attack aircraft divisions of the Air Force, which are quite well trained.

Also, the Arabian Pipeline is finished, it runs from Saudi Arabia to Palestine, boosting the oil industry by massive margins. Money is beginning to run out for the military though, and as such people are angry, wishing for the Sunayyad Empire to focus on its people more than its military.

Conditions in the Sunayyad Empire are relatively good, people have rights (although a little less with Sultan Abiwa than the previous Caliph), education & healthcare, food and water, and affordable housing and an open job market, the economy is growing greater than expected, although if the military budget was dropped extensively the Caliphate could become a world economic powerhouse if they put their energy into it.
  20. The Federation is upgrading the training that their military members get by buying new equipment and getting new stuff