[Forum Game] New Nations 2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by synth_apparition, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Name: The New European State (NES)
    Participating Countries: France, Spain, Portugal, Wales Ireland.

National Language: English along with any Slavic or Romance languages will be accepted for official use.

Government Policies: NES will be a democratic nation. It will be representative of course, each former country will be allowed one representative per one hundred thousand persons. A basic schooling will be required until the age of eighteen, and higher level education will be provided based on will and tuition paid through tax payers. Freedom of religeon is under great emphasis and no theory in science will be taught as absolute fact, you will be allowed to believe what you want. (All examination questions will be based off "In theory X, ___?" and not "What is correct?" The currency will be set to be less valuable than other currencies but there will be more volume to allow for more accurate pricing and higher levels of competition. NES is 99% capitalist, the only enterprises run by the government will be schooling/education and government processes themselves. NES is a peaceful state that will not attack unless provoked or threatened in some manner.
    607 and SEPTHEKID like this.
  2. Please read the rules again if you haven't already.

Wales is also a part of the UK, which is owned by New Kalmar - so its taken :p
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  3. NES would like to sign this treaty as well. :)

NES begins research on weapons of mass destruction, specifically nuclear weapons. These are specifically for defense.

It isn't highlighted on the map in the original post...

Edit: Sorry for my sucky geography skills. :p I meant Ireland. Editing my application now.
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  4. 2 things:
    You said Turkey twice.
    Max of 4 countries
    SEPTHEKID and boozle628 like this.
  5. I edited out the second Turkey :confused:
    I read all the rules in the original post and four countries is not in there...
    Edit again: Wow am I an idiot. :L

Sorry, I will edit my application again. :(
  6. The Ministry of Space has performed another flight of its sound barrier-breaking plane. Despite a minor glitch during takeoff, the mission was a success, and the sound barrier was broken. Following this, the New Kalmarian government have authorized the construction of two satellites; Escapist I will send data back to Earth, hopefully using the new FM radio technology. It will not return to Earth and will remain in orbit until it decays, with the expected date being sometime in the 2070's.

The other satellite, Escapist II, will contain two insects, two mice and two frogs. The satellite will monitor the heart-rate, blood pressure, breathing pattern and more of the animals. If the experiment goes to plan, all animals will return to Earth safely and give back valuable data.

Escapist I will take 15 posts to have its plans finalized, and will take another 10 posts to construct.
    Escapist II will take 20 posts to have its plans drawn up and accepted, and will take a further 15 posts to construct.
  7. The satellite has gone into space and sent back a broadcast of the Soviet anthem successfully.
    Sending a dog into space(10 posts)
    Sending a human into space(15 posts)
    Landing a unmanned object on the moon(18 posts)

We ask once again to have a joint space program with New Kalmar, plus a "special relationship" alliance. This would benefit us both.
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  8. The SEAA has created a new type of diesel engine that is able to run on vegetable oil. While the engine doesn't burn the fuel as efficiency as a straight diesel engine, it is hoped that it will one day be able to replace diesel engines with work. The SEAA will be retrofitting a quarter of all government owned trucks with it as a test.
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  9. During the researching of atom bombs, NES has discovered the valuable technology of safe(ish) and contained nuclear reactions. The energy is able to be harvested via the heating of water. We only have enough research to use uranium in the reactors safely, it may or may not be possible to be used with other element ions.
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  10. Name: South-Central African Union (SCAU)
    Participating Countries:Union of South Africa(includes Basutoland and Swaziland), Republic of Congo, Zimbabwe, Zambia

National Language: English as a first language and Portuguese and French as secondary

Government Policies: Based on freedom, our goals include protecting ourselves and allies fiercely pushing the boundaries of science.
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  11. The European Commonwealth has invited NES to join the EC.
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  12. During a feast at the European Commonwealth's bi-yearly summit, the New Kalmarian Prime Minister fell ill. His condition worsened until he flew home to go back to New Kalmar. He died in his house 72 hours later. It was declared he was killed by ricin. His death is currently being investigated.
  13. NES accepts the invitation graciously.
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  14. Sebia has begun work on electronic computers [6 turns].

Sebia's map designers have created this map of the world showing the alliances and single states:
    607, SEPTHEKID and SoulPunisher like this.
  15. The South-Central African Union would like to enter a into a non-aggression pact with Sebia and/or the entire Pacific Alliance.
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  16. Sebia agrees to this pact. Sebia will discuss with other Pacific Alliance members to get a peace-pact for the South Central African Union and Pacific Alliance.

We would also like to know if you would take any interest in joining the Pacific Alliance. This would of course be with the agreement of other Pacific Alliance members.
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  17. We appreciate the offer, but we decline.
  18. The New Kalmarian intelligence agency has put the blame of the former Prime Minister's death on a Sebian terrorist organization who 'have been funded by the Pacific Alliance', and have also stated that the death was ordered by the Sebian government. Following this, a new Prime Minister was elected. He has, so far, remained silent on the intelligence agency's statement.
  19. The South Central African Union has no comment on the prime minister's death.

In other news, the SCAU's Defence Dept. has announced that they will begin development on coastal batteries(6 turns) and using abandoned UK military bases in former South Africa for military training. A few former UK tanks have also been resurrected and are being replicated and modernized(8 turns).
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  20. NES gives New Kalamari our deepest condolences and offers any militaristic or financial aid per request.
    SEPTHEKID likes this.