[FORUM GAME] EMC Text Adventure: The Adventure Update

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by 607, Jul 20, 2020.

?

Have you played Minecraft before or during its Adventure Update? (Beta 1.8, Beta 1.9 pre, 1.0)

Yes. 8 vote(s) 57.1%
No. 6 vote(s) 42.9%
  1. Run north
    Sorry <3
    luckycordel likes this.
  2. Code:
    You found chest #3! It is empty.
    Well, it actually isn't, as Rhy hasn't picked up the junk yet, but you get the point. :p
    Code:
    You found a chicken, and poke it. You now have a sword and two chickens.
    Code:
    You came upon a wall of stone. You cannot go on without a pick-axe. You are still where you were.
    Code:
    You found a tree, and chop it down. You now have a pick-axe, a boat, one log and one chicken.
    Code:
    You run through the plains, getting tall grass in your face.
    4moTilCRhystmas and luckycordel like this.
  3. Walk East
    4moTilCRhystmas and 607 like this.
  4. Run east
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  5. Run east :rolleyes:

Surely I've learned now, and am now able to fend off this zombie with my pickaxe? :D
    4moTilCRhystmas, 607 and luckycordel like this.
  6. Sorry, but I cannot do the update today. There's too much I want to do for the length of my days, with university study and work going on. :p
  7. That's fine with me! :)
    4moTilCRhystmas, 607 and luckycordel like this.
  8. No rush needed! :D
    4moTilCRhystmas, 607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  9. Code:
    You walked into a zombie, and slay it.
    Code:
    You came upon a wall of stone. You equip your pick-axe and proceed.
    Code:
    You ran into a zombie, and died. You're back at spawn. You have a pick-axe, a boat, one log and one chicken.
    luckycordel and 4moTilCRhystmas like this.
  10. Wow, we only had three moves last round? :confused:

Run east into maybe the last chest, maybe a creeper, maybe the world border? idk what's there
    607, TomvanWijnen and luckycordel like this.
  11. Walk East
    607 and 4moTilCRhystmas like this.
  12. I guess people gave up? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    It's fine, I'll grant SteamingFire and Benny the CP. Car was inactive for too long (and StringerFam too, obviously).
  13. I like how my result is in my quote. :p I'm disappointed that I didn't get a result along the lines of "after a long and hard fight with the zombie, your pickaxe just wasn't enough to fend it off. The zombie ended up winning. You died, and are back at spawn". :p

Anyways, I would craft a sword, but then I'd finish at spawn if Qwerty found the last chest now, which seemed less cool, so for the past more than a day I'd planned to move. Just now, I actually thought that it'd be funny to end at spawn, but then with a full set of tools. So let's do it: craft sword. :)

I do still need to update my map but really can't be bothered right now to turn on my desktop for that (this comment will help me remind myself :p). :rolleyes:
    607, luckycordel and 4moTilCRhystmas like this.
  14. Friendly reminder to update your map if you haven't already <3
    607, luckycordel and TomvanWijnen like this.
  15. Code:
    You found the #1 chest! You obtain on EMC the following items: 16 blocks of obsidian, a potion of strength, three stacks of emeralds, a slime head, a stack of cobblestone, a spider eye, a block of gold ore, an enchanted bow, a totem of undying, a dragon stone, a vault voucher, a Holiday Axe, a Chicken Skewer and a stack of cookies.
    Code:
    You return to the plain.
    Code:
    You crafted a sword. You now have a pick-axe, a sword, a boat and one chicken.
    Agreed. :D

I'm sorry that most of the eastern end of the map has not yet been explored, and I'm sorry lucky got the short end of the stick again. :p For the (as planned) final game I will create more incentive for exploration and let more people get Minecraft items by scattering some chests across the map. :) These chests will probably contain one promo each, instead of a few promos and a bunch of junk. :p
    I will ask for interest in this proposed third game in a Google Form, which will be created after Rhy and I record the reflective commentary (yes, we're going to have two perspectives for this one :D).
    There's one more thing I'd like to implement into the visualiser though, which was missing for the first game: a way to see the map from a single player's perspective, so you can see what trees they've got (and animals, in this case) and to clear up confusion when multiple players are in the same spot. I was expecting to have that done by now, but I've been playing a lot of Super Mario Bros. 35 in my free time, and today I spent over two hours creating a fan trailer for a course at university. :rolleyes: I might post a thread about that course later, it's quite the story. :p

In any case... thanks for playing!
    After I've programmed all moves into the visualiser, everyone who was generally active from the beginning to the end will get 1/2 a Club Point for every round that the game took.
  16. Thanks so much 607! Despite my misfortunes, I had a lot fun.:D Congrats to Rhy for playing a good game. A big thanks to Rhy for sharing his map when I was away, and to Tom for the offer of sharing his map. Can't wait for the visualizer to come out! :cool:
    607, TomvanWijnen and 4moTilCRhystmas like this.
  17. run west,
    edit i did not keep track and i didint know it was over
    gg emc text adventure participants,
    thanks 607
    607, luckycordel and 4moTilCRhystmas like this.