[FORUM GAME] EMC Text Adventure: The Adventure Update

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by 607, Jul 20, 2020.

?

Have you played Minecraft before or during its Adventure Update? (Beta 1.8, Beta 1.9 pre, 1.0)

Yes. 8 vote(s) 57.1%
No. 6 vote(s) 42.9%
  1. Most hobby programmers spend more time on writing algorithms to automate stuff than it would take to do it themselves. I, being the autist that I am, kind of like repetitive tasks, so I do not automate a lot. :p
    Actually, Benny and Rhy ended up in completely different positions at the end of the visualisation. So I assumed I made a mistake while typing the moves into the program, which has happened before... which would be a reason to automate it anyway, to (hopefully) take away the possibility of that. For now though, I would find where the discrepancy was... but I could not find any place where the moves I noted in Notepad were different from the ones in the thread!
    Then I decided to play out the visualiser step by step (starting from the place I updated it to last time), to see what happened... but after the first or second move the output to Rhy's move already didn't match what the program was showing. :confused:
    And then I finally realised...
    I have not yet implemented starving into the visualiser. :D

Edit: Yup, it's alright now. :) (having implemented it correctly, at least... at first it was only possible to starve if you did not find a tree, chest, chicken or cow in that round, as I thoughtlessly used an 'else if' instead of just 'if' :p)
  2. I'm sorry that my death was an inconvenience to you :rolleyes:
    luckycordel and TomvanWijnen like this.
  3. Run North
    607 and 4moTilCRhystmas like this.
  4. Ah, I'd be way too lazy for that. :p I'd go with a middle ground: place all the possible outputs in a spreadsheet and just grab them from there. :)

And with the same input too! :D

---

Run north
    4moTilCRhystmas and 607 like this.
  5. Code:
    You found a tree, and chop it down. You now have a pick-axe, a sword, one wood and two chickens.
    Code:
    You found a river, and drown. You're back at spawn. You have a sword and one chicken.
    Code:
    You make your way through the savanna.
    Code:
    You found a tree, and chop it down. You now have one wood.
    Code:
    You reach the bank of a lush flower forest.
    luckycordel and 4moTilCRhystmas like this.
  6. Run west
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  7. Run North
    4moTilCRhystmas likes this.
  8. Oof, sorry, I had time for an update yesterday but thought that today was the update day, for some reason. :oops:

Also, I hope Car's okay! I let her know on Discord that she missed a round, figuring that she checked Discord more often than EMC.

Code:
    You take a stroll through the plain. Nice temperature!
    Code:
    You came upon a wall of stone. You cannot proceed without a pick-axe. You are still where you were.
    Code:
    You ran into a zombie, and slay it.
    Code:
    You came upon a wall of stone. Equipping your pick-axe, you proceed.
    Code:
    You make your way through the savanna.
  9. Walk west into an untimely death
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  10. Walk east

If you do it on purpose, is it then still untimely? :D
    607, 4moTilCRhystmas and luckycordel like this.
  11. Walk North
  12. Code:
    BOOM! You surprised a creeper. You are back at spawn. You have a pick-axe, a sword, one wood and two chickens.
    Code:
    You take a stroll through the plain. Nice temperature!
    Code:
    You walked into a zombie, and died. You have one wood.
    Code:
    You walked into a zombie, and died. You have a pick-axe, a boat and one chicken.
    Code:
    You found a tree, and chop it down. You now have a pick-axe, a sword, one wood, one steak and one chicken.
    As you might've noticed, I adapted the feedback for the occasion. :D
  13. Craft Boat