[FORUM GAME] Counting with Pictures

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by 607, Mar 21, 2016.

?

How far do you think we'll get before we strand?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2016.
1-50 3 vote(s) 17.6%
50-100 1 vote(s) 5.9%
100-150 4 vote(s) 23.5%
150-250 1 vote(s) 5.9%
250-500 5 vote(s) 29.4%
500-750 1 vote(s) 5.9%
750-1000 0 vote(s) 0.0%
1000+ 2 vote(s) 11.8%
  1. I guess I'll fix it, with this long list of pictures, ending up with the number handwritten on a piece of paper. :D

The next number is 15957! :)
    nltimv, 607, Will_McNab and 1 other person like this.
  2. I have not yet, still working on it... :p - edit while writing - now I've caught up :D

Wow, that's really short indeed!

---

Mango :D

Being lazy and forgetful busy. :rolleyes: Now they're here, though! :D

I think I've seen those in Germany :D

Cyrillic! "CCCP" (in Latin letters because I'm lazy) is what's called USSR in English. CCCP is pronounced as SSSR. :) I like Cyrillic - it's fun to be able to read a bit of it. :D Thinking about that, maybe I should learn the rest of the letters now too... :D

This box is probably a standard size that's mass produced, so having the extra material is probably cheaper and more convenient than creating lots of different sizes would be. :)

---

The next number is 15957! :)
    nltimv, 607, Egeau and 1 other person like this.
  3. This isn't a particularly interesting image....

But this is the actual train!

This is the, quite nice, video it's from! :D

And I found this too. :p

EDIT: which appears to be this: (number in bottom right)

607, nltimv, Will_McNab and 1 other person like this.
  4. 125 alerts, that's more like it. :D
    Um... I think you had better replace that with something else. :p At least I wouldn't encourage people to look that up. Although I do think that the series is humorous. :D I think this must be their second line of it, as a long while ago we found some too. They were animated, even! I wonder if these are also. Come to think of it, maybe that other line wasn't from Noch. Speaking of which, it looks like we are still in the nsfw range, so let's wait a bit until we post Noch again. :rolleyes:

I've done it twice but I guess 15 minutes practice isn't enough to make it stick. :p
    The box size is so standard that I hadn't even considered the possibility of creating a box to match the figure. :D I rather wondered why they didn't fill it up with other figures, but I think the answer is that this one is more expensive to produce, both because of the license required and because of the extra detail in the motorbike. Of course that is only quite a valid reason if all sets have the same recommended selling price.

15959:
  5. Better like this? :D

:D

:D 15 minutes probably isn't enough, sadly. :p I've practised it quite effectively while I was in North Macedonia, where they use Cyrillic! :D I never knew all letters, but I still know a few so I can get a grasp of how it's pronounced. :)
    Egeau, nltimv, Sachrock and 1 other person like this.
  6. Yeah, that's fine with me. At least the box itself is censored. ;) That's not true for the number we just had...
    Ah, I see!
    Yeah, one thing that I didn't like about learning it is that the pronunciation didn't seem completely consistent. I mean, it's probably more consistent than Dutch and buckets more consistent than English (I couldn't think of a good word to emphasise the extreme difference, 'buckets' will have to do :cool:), but Japanese has almost 100% consistent pronunciation, which is much better. :D (I think the only exceptions to the regular pronunciations are that the 'u' in syllables like 'su' is not always pronounced (eg. in 'sushi' it is, in 'desuka' (polite question) it isn't), and the 'n' when followed by a syllable beginning with 'p', like 'tenpura', is pronounced as 'm').

And now that I'm making another post anyway, I might as well post the next number, as you've probably noticed that I was ninja'd in my previous post...

Also, this is really strange, a website selling the nsfw Noch showed up with a totally different image than is actually on the page. :confused:

nltimv, Will_McNab, Sachrock and 2 others like this.
  7. Hey Sach, it's been a while. :)

No number:

It's unfortunate that there don't seem to be any puzzle manufacturers that put a serial number on the box. Would be nice. :)

Transparency!

And a post on Reddit from someone who did a bit of walking.

Recommendation for next person: post Noch, this is an interesting one. :D It's apparently two sets, the first of which is 15964 (which is why I found it now), and I don't want to post it now to avoid confusion. :p
  8. Thanks for the alerts likes Tom and Jelle! :D
    Egeau, 607, Will_McNab and 2 others like this.
  9. Ah, interesting, I hadn't got that far yet. :p I have now found another possible reason to continue learning it, about which I'll surely talk on EMC if the plan ends up becoming reality. :p

Regarding the "np" in Japanese, I believe to remember that modern Greek also has something like that... Actually, it's quite different, if I now remember correctly. :p "mp" would be pronounced as a "b"... Yeah, modern Greek is "weird". :p

I'm sorry for ninja'ing you... :p But you didn't like my train video? :o ;)

You're welcome! :D It's always fun to catch up with the old pictures. :D

---

Ohhh an AMD CPU! :D I've had one that looked basically identical to this one. :D

Trix :D

nltimv, wafflecoffee, Egeau and 2 others like this.
  10. No. :p Because I could only find the number in the boring picture.

Anyway, here's the interesting couple of Noch sets:

There are more football sets, 15969 is Denmark:

But I wanted the handclapper to be shown. ;)

11. Oh, whoops, I just noticed I forgot to add one picture. :p I've added it now. :)

Tillig!

And Zeus! :D