Flags are just annoying now

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by mba2012, Dec 28, 2013.

1. And as for flags in game... Were trying to figure out a Book UI method of help documentation, but still working on how to get this right...

Ideally this needs to be updatable across the board (ie to people who already have the book too).

Thinking maybe not even using books and trying to use lore on items only in a chest ui might be the simplest, but gotta be careful to make it simple.

Trying to list all the current flags in a /help res command will get loaded fairly quickly.
    eklektoi and Kells18 like this.
  2. Personally, I feel like use perm should be a parent for redstone - since it requires use to ...well use redstone.

For the Items inside a chest gui - If the lore can be long enough - instead of using a book, you think it would be cool to have say redstone for redstone devices, spawn eggs for eggifying, saddle for horses, etc (to help with a visual effect) ?
  3. Build implies use?
    Redstone implies use?
  4. I sometimes find reading multiple items of lore to be difficult * and if done wrong they don't fit on the screen correctly. :/ Just throwing it out.

the only change to the flag wiki page was the addition of the redstone flag (which I added the other day)
    cddm95ace, 607 and AlexChance like this.
  5. maybe build should incorporate use and use incorporate container or something?
  6. Container is considered higher level than use.. But It's not really designed in a way to make a heirarchy tree.

What I have to do here for any short term change is to add more flags to check for for specific actions.

Ie, where the redstone flag is checked, also add build as another usable flag
    Luke4214 and 607 like this.
  7. Of course that would be done, cause much people don't like reading so much every time
  8. i need to post my feelings on this too.. i too HIGHLY agree that there are WAY TOO MANY flags.. and it is the most annoying thing there is. there just needs to be the same flags there used to be, this bucket flag/redstone/cart/ whatever else is stupid and pretty much completely pointless.
    its also completely annoying, like you said that there are NO documentations of it IN GAME.. i know if may be easy for you to open the website while in game, but i can't... i can't to sign off, close minecraft... just to get the web to open.

take away all the useless flags.. use, container, and build is ALL you need.. bucket, redstone, and all those tedious things are so un needed and need removed.
    if you don't want to remove them, then an entire detailed list IN GAME needs to be made.
  9. Without those flags however, people can do things that you don't want them to do on your res - such as break minecarts and steal them, steal water - breaking the machines you make, change the ticks on repeaters... I know it does seem tedious - but they do have a purpose :)
    Luke4214 and 607 like this.
  10. they may have a purpose, i get that, but its just highly annoying that when you're building on a friends res.. you need some permission for bucket.. and /battmeghs bucket true or something doesn't work.. and like i said, i can't open the wiki page like alex said.. and it just gets extremely inconvenient to spend 15 minutes, logging out, closing, searching for it >_< opening minecraft again, logging in... signing in.. :mad:

dresden72 likes this.
  11. Just wondering...why do you close minecraft to open a browser?
  12. We have problems with flags in Northern Ireland, too.
    I'd advocate an admin flag, but you should only be able to give a limited number of admin flags at any one time, and increase your admin flag limit by buying a Supporter rank.
    Luke4214 and NINJATTILA like this.
  13. What does the place you live have to do with EMC flags?
    607 likes this.
  14. Build: Bucket, Lava, Hopper
    Use: Minecarts, Boats, Redstone, Anvil, Eggify, Kill, Breed, Shear
    Container: Not sure what container could include
    Luke4214 likes this.
  15. I meant flags in general. :p
    There are a few main examples. Firstly, they were flying the Union flag at Belfast City Hall, but the council voted against continuing, huge protests ensued. Secondly, flags on lampposts aren't regulated, some people in many towns and villages have Union flags or Irish tricolours flown off literally every lamppost and telephone pole in the town, they can be an eyesore at times. Some people fly the flags of paramilitary organisations like the IRA or the UVF.

But I'll stop derailing the thread now, just wanted to make that remark comparing EMC flag problems to Northern Irish flag problems :p
    607 and NINJATTILA like this.
  16. because my computer wont load a webpage, or do anything else when i have minecraft open. so, if i just let minecraft on, and signed into empire... i'd wait almost 25 minutes before my computer would even open a chrome/firefox page.. not to mention it would refuse to load even google home page when it opened.
    a combination of an old computer and crap internet...
  17. I think you are onto something. So to give you flags, I would type '/res past jackbiggin' from here a chest gui would pop up. In the chest would be labeled blocks representing each flag type, and I could click them to you you those flags. It would be similar to the promotion gui system.
  18. This. This is perfect.
    mba2012 likes this.
  19. When I started playing EMC I printed the whole command list (there wasn't a wiki at that time) on real paper. I still have the prints, because I also take notes on them.
    This might be an intermediate solution for people that don't like to leave the game to look up stuff on the web. Flags that are missing in the documentation can be added manually -> with a pen.

Of course, typing all the commands still is a challenge...
    607 likes this.