Fendy Photography

Discussion in 'Shutter Talk' started by FDNY21, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Some proper quattro rally goodness :)

The awesome red 5 cylinder Coupe that was there last year was there again this year, always a pleasure to see...
    607 likes this.
  2. The 80 Sport and quattro B2 variants have grown on me a lot over the past year I think, before I used to pretty religiously be a Coupe fan only but I really do like these 80/90 B2 models!

Two Coupe quattro turbos, a Coupe GT and an 80 in this shot, doesn't get much better than that!
    607 likes this.
  3. The Mk1 Golf we shared earlier was involved in plenty of track action, here it is chasing the Audi R8 down!

Audi 80 Sport out on track :D
    Tah2 and 607 like this.
  4. The Subaru Rally Experience was well underway in the background at the event... one day, maybe I'll pay up for an experience too - I remember a passenger experience I had with the same people and cars at Haynes and it was great :cool:

I see the actual driving experiences at the circuit are very expensive from their website - the driving experience was the same price as the passenger ones at Haynes, shame they don't do them there anymore!

The Imprezas look great as usual :)
    607 likes this.
  5. More of that Golf - our penultimate post for this Audi Driver event!

We've got a bit of a selection now ready for the next album, we shall see soon what I decide is coming next! Remember that more photos from this album and all the new albums are available on the Facebook page if you have access to it :)
    607 likes this.
  6. A snapshot from one of my videos of the Audi TT that crashed out at the end of the day, it looked and sounded pretty nasty!

Surprisingly, barely a scratch on the car and the occupants were gladly okay. They actually managed to drive it back to the pits after the track session was over, which is something that never really used to happen here - the extra padding you see covering the tyres is new and that absorbs a lot of this impact! The tyre wall itself, while helpful, still caused a lot of damage to the car in the process, so this padding really is an improvement, though takes a lot more time to reset!
    607 likes this.
  7. Ah, that's nice!
    It does look a bit less cool, though. ;)
  8. The red and black when all lined up together looks alright actually, and in any case it doesn't seem to have interfered with my images as of yet ;) You think the normal tyre wall on its own looks cooler then? Of course, safety is paramount over looks!

Okay, I know what it's time for... more Fiat Panda 4x4 stuff! The Staffordshire meet was a blast, another great example to me of what the old 4x4 can do. I have grown in confidence since last time but I've still got a bit of a way to go and need to get some new off road tyres to up my game, they are next on the list along with a carb refurb and well, a lot of other jobs to be honest :p

The album link: https://www.facebook.com/pg/fendysphotos/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1497136680380371

I started off by meeting with my friend from EMC and fellow Panda classic owner!

The first picture I'm including from the actual weekend joins us after greeting and getting well into our lanes. As you can see, the Pandas are pretty mud caked already :D Plenty more of this to come!
    607 likes this.
  9. Wait, who? :)
  10. ShrinkingMatt :) He was my accomplice throughout the trip, we rode along in my 4x4 and at night we slept in the tent that he carried in his car!

The lanes were pretty good but we had to prepare ourselves for this one...

Because, it looked like this! We all made it through, don't worry ;) We had to go back and save the newer mk3 Panda once but the older mk2 types made it through with ease over this part! There was another bit further on that the later ones had a few more issues with but with teamwork we all made it through :)
    607 and Tah2 like this.
  11. After what you saw above, probably one of the most gruelling lanes I've seen so far, it was off to Morrisons for a stock up and some fuel. Complimentary post-lane picture! :p

Note above you can see the difference between my UK right hand drive (middle) and left hand drive (right), the left hand drive was imported from Italy and as you can see they park the wiper on the other side of the screen so that the driver can see. Little things, but all important!

Next up, a small snippet of base camp. Base camp contained probably upwards of 20 Pandas and a few other cars, though in this snippet we see the camping corner, where Matt and I plus a few others camped out for a Saturday night. That was pretty cold... pre-flight checks before the quarry visit on the Sunday!
    607 likes this.
  12. Awesome. :D
    FDNY21 likes this.
  13. Old and new meet at the quarry - the variants certainly look quite different, the two mk2s against the most recent mk4 Panda 4x4!

There was a larger descent tackled by some of the mk2s and a mk1, where those on standard suspension needed a bit of a lift, as you can see here! ;) The great thing is that you really can lift it and make a real difference, the car came right out and made the descent successfully with a bit of help!
    607 likes this.
  14. One of my favourite shots of my Sisley...

Getting strapped in for the descent!
    607 likes this.
  15. Green 4x4 Sisley crew ;)

The squad!
    607 likes this.
  16. Penultimate 4x4 weekend post - starting with a bit more climbing!

The Mighty Panda showing off in the water, one of my favourite shots of a 4x4 that isn't of mine :D
    607 likes this.
  17. I sent the link to this page to someone from my group in school a couple of days ago. :D He's a big car fanatic, and he said to me yesterday that it was good. :) (or something, I really don't recall what he said exactly, but it was positive, in each case. xD)
    FDNY21 likes this.
  18. It's great to hear it is being shared, especially with other car fanatics ;) I am glad that they think positively of it, thank you!

The last post from the 4x4 meet now, starting with the mk1 4x4 making an ascent...

Ending on a passenger side shot, until the next time 4x4... need to fix the propshaft now, central bearings are playing up!
    607 likes this.
  19. What do you do after a Fiat Panda 4x4 off road meet and get properly muddy? Go to an Italian car meet of course! You may recognise a couple other classic Fiats next to me here... you may also note one wheel is very clean on my car - this is because I got a flat tyre at 70mph on the motorway and had to do a quick change on the hard shoulder!

You can view the whole album via the link here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/fendysphotos/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1504185076342198

As usual, I'll be sharing my select favourites with you and telling you more about what happened and what the cars are here on this thread, starting with one you all know very well by now, the classic Fiat Panda 4x4 Sisley!
    607 likes this.
  20. Time to pick up on the Alton meet again! As we have already seen the Uno Turbo/mk1 45/mk2 4x4 of my friend's before, we'll go to something we haven't seen from him before - this early mk1 Uno 5 door!

And now to something COMPLETELY different! A mk3 Fiat Panda, the Fiat Panda Alessi. Very rare indeed, they have a bit of quirk to them as you can see...
    607 and WardleDeBoss like this.