Fendy Photography

Discussion in 'Shutter Talk' started by FDNY21, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Some old Corvettes, very rare to see over here in the UK :)

An Astra GTE, these are properly awesome! Little bit of a boy racer car back in the day but getting retro and cool now ;)
    607 likes this.
  2. I see what you mean, but I like it. :p
  3. I don't mean this design in particular - I mean as a car itself, the Astra GTE was cheap enough but fast enough/cool enough/sport enough to be owned by all the boy racers ;) Of course, I do really like it though, it is probably one of last "cool" Vauxhall designs in my opinion!

That mighty DAF V8 ambulance again ;)

The MG Midget was absolutely dominating on track, but it span out on Quarry corner (where I was) and it looked like a pretty bad crash! It actually managed to carry on and as you can see it has some rear damage from this picture, I do believe the car retired before the end of the race unfortunately!
    607 likes this.
  4. Lots of Formula Fords whizzing around Quarry corner! Always makes for an interesting sight seeing them all hot off the line as all of them are in one big pack!

The mighty Vauxhall Nova dominating at the front here, accelerating away from the Vauxhall Astra behind, and in the distance we can see a Honda Integra making its way around the Quarry corner bend!
    607 likes this.
  5. The 205 and Nova were dominating the class at the front here!

One of the Wiltshire College Motorsport students races this Citroen Saxo, he was competing in the same class as the hatches above!
    607 likes this.
  6. Always nice to see some waves after the race has finished!

Happy retirement to one of the marshals of the circuit... looks a nicely kitted out Land Rover Discovery 2 as well! :D
    607 and Smooshed_Santa like this.
  7. Just about managed to catch the tail end of that spin from the potential winner of the Porsche class I talked about before. Unfortunately, this cost him the chance at the championship win, but he really put up a fight and tried to gain places again!

It's great to see a racing spirit like that, really puts you into that feeling of action. The open wheelers came out after the Porsches were out for their final race!
    607 likes this.
  8. Is it just me or does the driver look in absolute concentration here? Just look at those eyes, waiting for the next move! Pure fast racing

Of course with any car you always have to be in complete concentration and control, but I think it is interesting to see the faces on the drivers of these Formula open wheel cars!
    607 likes this.
  9. Caterham type car followed by perhaps the craziest Mazda RX7 I've ever seen (it spits flames) and the MG Midget following again at the back!

Now with it getting pretty dark at this time, I thought it was a good time to try some night shots. Unfortunately they don't come out as clearly but it gives you a sense of the driving all throughout the day!
    607 likes this.
  10. Another of the night shots, this time following one of the Peugeot 106 hatches

So, given this Mazda RX7 spits flames periodically from the exhaust, I made it my goal to try and capture the flame in a photo. To do this, I couldn't use auto focusas by the time it had altered the focus, the flame had gone away (and so had the car really!). So, for this photo, I used manual focus, and because of this and the dark, it didn't come out completely clear. Even so, I still caught the essence of what this RX7 is about - brute speed, and FIRE! :cool:
    607 likes this.
  11. Haha, cool! I sent this to the groupmate who's into cars. :)
    You missed a space here, though. :)
    FDNY21 likes this.
  12. Ah yes, that's what I get for typing fast, oh well :)

Nice, did they like it? :D More where that came from, side view this time, still not completely clear but still a good representation of what this car is about!

Lamborghini pulling away in the last of the night shots...
    607 likes this.
  13. He did, and sent me one of his own. :) I hope I can share this without getting into trouble... it's watermarked, so I probably can. :p It is easily removable, though, and someone has stolen one of his pictures before. He then got a lawyer, though, and got quite some money out of that deal, in the end. :D

FDNY21 likes this.
  14. Ooh, that would be great to see! The image you sent isn't showing for me, is it uploaded correctly?

It's always a shame when people steal pictures - it's easy enough just to ask someone for their picture, and they should respect the photographer's decision as well. Unfortunately, some people will always try to get away with stealing it though. Great to hear that they were brought to justice :)
    607 likes this.
  15. You're right, I copied the picture from my Gmail, but I guess you can only see it if you're logged into my Gmail. :rolleyes: I will get it onto imgur and fix it.

He told me he did enlarge his watermark some months ago!
    FDNY21 likes this.
  16. Ah, will look forward to seeing it when you get it onto imgur then!

Always a good idea if you want to protect your images really. Problem is, if it gets online, there's always a chance someone is going to take it. You of all people would have seen how my watermark has progressed over time - I started with a little signature and slowly went into a much more protective style. For me, though, it got to the point where the watermark was ruining my images and I wanted people to enjoy them still, so I've settled for the light protection in two corners, it does act still as a bit of protection but someone could now easily cut it off. I would be annoyed if they did, but there's a balance I think!

It's always nice if someone shares your image that you have your name on it so people know where it came from though, so it's not just protection, is is a bit of personal advertisement. Not that I make money or anything off of these pictures, but the more people enjoy the pictures, the better.

Currently out of new albums now, I believe. I have skipped some photos from certain albums to get the best ones out there though I may hunt through for some soon, or do some sort of "Favourite Pictures Selection" over the Christmas period. We shall see! Or maybe I need to get out and take a few more pictures of my car... which means I should probably clean it first anyway!
    607 likes this.
  17. I thought I edited in the imgur picture before posting, I hope you didn't check? :p
    FDNY21 likes this.
  18. Oh dear, I thought you were just going to re-post it in a new comment, my bad ;)

I do see it in the post it was intended for now, and I do have to say, it is quite a shot!

Getting a shot like that can be so rewarding, and even though the ones I have weren't as clear, I still feel a bit rewarded for being able to get it. And there's always the next time for getting something better - though it's not every time that a car spits flames :p
    607 likes this.
  19. Well 2017 has now ended, and what a great year for photography yet again - and hopefully I still only improve through 2018 and onwards. I've got to start a really great new thing this year, and that is off-roading with the UK Panda 4x4 crew!

To celebrate this great new opportunity for me to have fun ragging classic cars off the road with like-minded owners, here's a post with a couple of my photos from 2017!

Starting with the first meet, Yorkshire. I went up alone on this meet but I met and got along with all the other members really well. I made some great new friends here that I'll play along with at all the other meets :D

There were so many pictures for the trip, it was really hard to choose just one to post here - but I think this one show you the pure scale of the meet and the passion that all of these owners have to still keep on going, and it shows just a snippet of Yorkshire's great scenery!

Now moving onto Staffordshire, and again keeping with the theme of views and sheer scale, take a look at this turnout for the quarry!

This year, 2018, will bring some unknowns. But one thing is for sure, I'll be trying my hardest to get to the UK Panda 4x4 meets, in Yorkshire and Staffordshire again, but I may also be trying to get down to Wales with them too! It would be awesome to go, it's their biggest meet as it takes up a whole week which means I may need to look at booking time off work soon... ;) Watch this space for more photographs later in the year!
    607 likes this.
  20. Now we're a few months into 2018, I've got some new content for Fendy Photography! If you've been following on Facebook, you'll see that over the last couple of days three new event albums have been released for your viewing pleasure. As always, if you don't have access or you want to see select favourites with some facts and thoughts then I will be sharing my pictures via this thread again!

The first album I'll be sharing from is the second event attended this year - the AV8 Fiat and Abarth Meet at Kemble Airfield. This continued from the first event of the year that very morning with Slip and Grip, of which photos will be shared after I've shared this album so watch out for that.

Without any further ado, here is the link to the Fiat and Abarth Kemble album on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/fendysphotos/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1641193935974644

Starting off coming in one by one, we slowly put some cars among the airplanes in the background...

As you can see, we had quite the array for a very small Fiat and Abarth meet. From closest to furthest, we have my classic Fiat Panda, a mk3 Fiat Panda 100HP, an Abarth 595 (I believe a Comp 180bhp version), an Abarth Punto and an Abarth 595 Turismo!

After this initial meet in the AV8 car park, we moved on around Kemble Airfield to take some glorious photographs which will be coming up in this thread soon...